Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

ummp.png

*saved to /v/ folder*

FINAL BOSS RUMOR

OK, rumor started up. Apparently someone looked through the guide that came out today and they say the final boss is a 4 phase battle against Bowser.

That sounds awesome. Even if it's not true I would be happy-

-If the final form alone was part of it

Kamek's supposed to be in it right? Maybe that bit is true!

Miyamoto did mention something about the final battle being a parody of a former battle while still feeling fresh. I guess it could be true, but I just don't think Nintendo would do anything that awesome for the final battle.

When you think about it it does make sense with the twenty boss thing ONM talked about. The seven Koopalings each get two boss fights per world from world one through world seven. Bowser Jr. gets two boss fights in world eight. We recently learned there is a world nine and if Bowser really does have a four phase fight then that would equal exactly twenty boss fights. 14 + 2 + 4 = 20. Then again if this is made up the person who made it up would have known all this too though. I guess we just wait and see.

New Preview Video and Gameplay

Gampro Preview with lots of new footage including an Ice Castle, a minigame, and more:

Game Informer video of 4-players in a Jungle stage killing each other:

Japanese site is up. Check it out, check-it-outers.

This may shock some of you, but a large majority of the text there is in Japanese. Crazy, right? At any rate, I'm interested in seeing what it has to say about the two Toads. It probably isn't anything special, but I'm wondering if it has any explanation of them.

Also, new videos, but they don't have anything we haven't really seen elsewhere.

EDIT: If you're feeling lazy, the footage is all

Edited by The Soldier

New review!

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226725

My favorite part:

"The level design is just as brilliant, constantly throwing new obstacles and scenarios at you, and presenting you with different challenges to overcome all the way through to the very last boss battle, which is absolutely EPIC, we might add."

:D Could that rumor be true?

Another interesting tidbit:

"And this time you will want to scour every level and find all those coins because there's a very special reward at the end of it all. We'll say no more about that."

Edited by speedfreak

I'll reluctantly say that I was giggling like a 5 year old on the inside when I saw that gameplay demo of the Rainbow Star on the official site. That was my favorite powerup, and I love the music that goes with it. Oh man... I really want this game!

Some stores in Australia have started selling the game early. Soundtrack also leaked.

World 9 is real. Remember back in the days of Super Mario World where you could get to the Special World? This game recreates it and makes my mouth drool in nostalgia. By the way the music sounds a bit like rainbow road in Mario Kart Wii… but with a mix of SMB.

Some people recording their playthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarkXatu

http://www.youtube.com/user/NewSuperMarioBros001

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarioLuigiBrasil

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

Stupid World 9 map music getting me sortof excited ;-;

Anyone find any stage music for it? (Assuming it doesn't just reuse the NSMBDS music... again... >_>)

Any unlockables revealed yet...? T-T

Stupid World 9 map music getting me sortof excited ;-;

Anyone find any stage music for it? (Assuming it doesn't just reuse the NSMBDS music... again... >_>)

Any unlockables revealed yet...? T-T

Click spoilers for your request.

World 9 Map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM8C7EYtXX8

ALSO, OMG, I think I just discovered an unlockable!

The credits song... I was listening, and suddenly out of the blue Peach started talking, saying something like, "Dear Mario, I'll be waiting for you at the castle on the night of the star-"

Suddenly Bowser growls out of nowhere... And then Peach just giggles and says something like "Nice job." and Bowser grumbles and his kids just laugh...

ALSO, on the OST, there's a song for Peach's Castle, like a stage song... And it's NOT the menu music, that's already there.

I think once you beat the game you unlock Peach's Castle as a stage... For... Something. Interesting...

Also, after listening to the whole OST... Some of the songs are bit ehh, but some tracks are AWESOME!

Click spoilers for your request.

Noo I meant stage music not map music, I'm already heard that! xP

ALSO, OMG, I think I just discovered an unlockable!

I wonder what the hell it could all mean? :S Interesting...

Stupid intrigue!

EDIT: Where can I listen to the OST?

Edited by SuperLink

Noo I meant stage music not map music, I'm already heard that! xP

I wonder what the hell it could all mean? :S Interesting...

Stupid intrigue!

Oh, you WANTED stage music. Well, not sure how legal this is... But... *cough*

Full Soundtrack Download:

http://www.zshare.net/download/68152727ef29fe25/

Listen through all of it before you judge. Some songs are a bore and others are amazing.

I just listened to all of it except the final boss music, for some reason a part of me wants that to be kept a surprise for now.

Still annoyed at the inclusion of the NSMBDS theme. It seems to get more and more annoying every time I hear it.

However I thought the new tracks were pretty good!

Unfortunately they're total jokes compared to the Galaxy and Sunshine music. Yet again the fact that the game was lacking in effort (on all things other than gameplay) shines through.

Shame that there's no stage music for World 9.... know what that means?

NSMBDS theme for World 9 stages... Now it's got a mixture of annoyance and excitement...

+ on the "unlockable"

I'm not sure about Peach's castle, it was in a different section of the list to most stage music. Methinks there might just be an event of minigame there or something.

Or maybe Miyamoto pulled one of his trademark "bunch of stuff that was omitted from the final game" stunts.

Edited by SuperLink

I just listened to all of it except the final boss music, for some reason a part of me wants that to be kept a surprise for now.

Still annoyed at the inclusion of the NSMBDS theme. It seems to get more and more annoying every time I hear it.

However I thought the new tracks were pretty good!

Unfortunately they're total jokes compared to the Galaxy and Sunshine music. Yet again the fact that the game was lacking in effort (on all things other than gameplay) shines through.

Shame that there's no stage music for World 9.... know what that means?

NSMBDS theme for World 9 stages... Now it's got a mixture of annoyance and excitement...

+ on the "unlockable"

I'm not sure about Peach's castle, it was in a different section of the list to most stage music. Methinks there might just be an event of minigame there or something.

Or maybe Miyamoto pulled one of his trademark "bunch of stuff that was omitted from the final game" stunts.

I will agree not nearly as good as Sunshine's or Galaxy's music, HOWEVER I do like it better than the other 2D Mario's music, to be quite frank.

I think this actually relates to something I heard a few weeks ago. Someone was saying something about collecting Star coins to unlock stuff in Peach's Castle. I'm not sure what stuff is, but since of the birthday theme for Peach, maybe Presents? Like maybe you unlock presents with unlockables in them in Peach's Castle? Now I have no clue what the presents will be, but this sounds like it might be it. Since Peach mentions, "Come to the castle on the night of the star-" FESTIVAL, maybe it is some strange nod to Mario Galaxy? Ooo, what if there was an unlockable Galaxy 2 demo-*shot* Still thogh, might be some Mario Galaxy nod. Or maybe an even harder version of the bosses since Bowser and his kids are there in the credits?

It's better than the NSMBDS music, and the SMB music (only 3 songs in that one though... xD)

But it doesn't compare to the SMB3 or especially SMW music imo.

I think it's a hilarious attempt at "placing" NSMBW in some kind of timeline. Miyamoto is messing with the people who want Mario games to have more story! D:

The Peach's Castle stuff sounds feasable to me.

It's better than the NSMBDS music, and the SMB music (only 3 songs in that one though... xD)

But it doesn't compare to the SMB3 or especially SMW music imo.

I think it's a hilarious attempt at "placing" NSMBW in some kind of timeline. Miyamoto is messing with the people who want Mario games to have more story! D:

The Peach's Castle stuff sounds feasable to me.

I'm still hoping the next 3D Mario Game (Galaxy 2...?) can somehow conjoin Mario Galaxy's gimmicks, Super Mario Sunshine's exploration, and Mario 64's mysteries and secrets and...and... I was going somewhere with that and it escaped me... Ah well...

I'm still hoping the mentioning of Star anything in the castle is more than just a tease, I mean I'm betting you unlock something for beating the final boss. And if this Peach system is true then it could be unlocked there. I'm still wondering what this wonderful surprise is for getting all Star Coins though since we know it's not World 9 now... I was kind of hoping the music would give it away, maybe I need to look closer, but I didn't spot anything... Oh, maybe you unlock Hard Mode!!-shot-

How do we know World 9 isn't unlocked via coins?

Hard Mode: That's gotta be it. It just HAS to be.

Australian Gamers report you go to it int he middle of other worlds, like the special levels in Mario World, so you get special access to World 9 in other stages.

Can someone upload the soundtrack somewhere else? The download keeps cutting out partway through...

Can someone upload the soundtrack somewhere else? The download keeps cutting out partway through...

Go to the right here and type the verification code: http://www.badongo.com/file/18282478

Or go here, but some files are not encrypted well: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=533AET00

BTW, if anyone wants to know what world 9 looks like, it should look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6apYSlDOmSA

New Review from IGN: 9.2

It seems that IGN mostly saw the points I was making, disappointment at the two Toads and finally a real game affecting reason why two Toads was a bad idea completely lacking in logic = The Star Powerup. Nintendo say they didn't use Red Toad for colour differentiation? Because they used two Toads we arguably have a bigger and more real "flaw". Graphics not praised nearly as much as other game elements, lack of unlockables (they didn't rave about anything like ONM did.... are they playing the same game?). According to IGN the only unlockables are Super Guide Videos that pretty much TELL you how to find secrets.

Mario without hat for getting 99 lives:

100_0389.jpg

100_0390.jpg

100_0392.jpg

Do you thihk it's Mario only or will it work with Luigi/Toads too?

Edited by SuperLink

FINAL BOSS FOOTAGE (FIXED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJjJ-grw_I

I'm so weak. :'( I caved and watched it. I mean I knew who the final boss was going to be anyway though. It was better then the NSMBDS final boss, but I'm getting really sick of the

battle on the bridge thing from the original Mario Bros. It just isn't an interesting boss fight. You either spam fire balls or run under Bowser when he jumps......not that good. As for the second part, it was really cool/epic, but all you do is run away. I would have rather actually had to fight Giant Bowser. Yoshi did it, Peach did it, why can't Mario do it? Oh well maybe in Galaxy 2.

All in all though it was pretty cool and I'm happy with it.