Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

It seems that IGN mostly saw the points I was making, disappointment at the two Toads and finally a real game affecting reason why two Toads was a bad idea completely lacking in logic = The Star Powerup. Nintendo say they didn't use Red Toad for colour differentiation? Because they used two Toads we arguably have a bigger and more real "flaw". Graphics not praised nearly as much as other game elements, lack of unlockables (they didn't rave about anything like ONM did.... are they playing the same game?). According to IGN the only unlockables are Super Guide Videos that pretty much TELL you how to find secrets.

Do you thihk it's Mario only or will it work with Luigi/Toads too?

Did you ignore the rest where they still said it was an amazing game? Just asking since you're being pretty negative in this topic. :(

Did you ignore the rest where they still said it was an amazing game? Just asking since you're being pretty negative in this topic. :(

I never once denied it would be a good game, I was just saying that IGN have made the same criticisms I've been making :/

No matter how amazing the gameplay is, people are still allowed to be disappointed with other more lacking aspects of the game.

Edited by SuperLink

I don't know. I tend to not let things ruin the experience for me if the overall game is good. Cheapens the experience. Either that or I'm not a whinebag. One or the other.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a whinebag sometimes, so I'm still pretty put off by the presence of the Toads alone! Not that I absolutely hate Toads or anything, but there are just so many charming side-characters in the Mario series, and... Toads don't make the top of the "charming" list for me. Maybe I'm just bein' ignorant of the development process, but I keep on thinking it wouldn't have been that much extra work to bone and animate some spruced up generic characters for players to unlock and select. Koopa Troopas, Shy Guys, Yoshis, etc... Those would've all been awesome to play as. Heck, even a Goomba, if you can work around the no-arms thing. (I dunno about you, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for a playable Goomba.)

For the record, I'm still gonna give the game a shot. I'll definitely try it before I buy it, but I'm not gonna rule it out.

I don't know. I tend to not let things ruin the experience for me if the overall game is good. Cheapens the experience. Either that or I'm not a whinebag. One or the other.

Call me whatever you like. I just find it hilariously ironic that the only reason they didn't put in red Toad was for "colour differentiation" (since Mario/Player 1 is already "red"), yet when the two Toads have Superstars they're totally identical.

Now if it was Red Toad and unlockable Peach this wouldn't happen.

I was doomed to cheapen the experience from the start because I hadn't been "hoping" for extra characters, I'd been literally "expecting" them. This is the same Nintendo that make Mario Party games with loads of hidden characters and stuff right? My expectations were hardly too much.

To me this would be like if Brawl didn't include online gameplay in the end despite everyone expecting it (even if it ended up being kinda lame :()

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^ Well, most of the stages still look hard as balls.

Since when have I ever been disappointed at the difficulty or stages themselves? They sound pretty awesome to me. :/

^ Im just saying that Hard stages are better than unlockable characters IMO. I mean, how many games do you see that are hard as hell?

I'm actually more disappointed that you can only do single player as Mario then I am about no secret characters. It's not really too big a problem for me though because I'd usually choose Mario anyway. Would be nice to do a Luigi game though (don't care about Toads). :/

I can find things that disappoint me in any game really though. The important thing is that I know I'm going to enjoy this game far too much to worry about little inconsequential missed opportunities.

• Thumbs Up 2

^ Im just saying that Hard stages are better than unlockable characters IMO. I mean, how many games do you see that are hard as hell?

Not really? Since when is difficulty hard to program? There are quite a lot of games this gen that are pretty damn hard.

Why not have both? Like I keep saying it'd hardly be hard to put in Peach or Wario.

I'm actually more disappointed that you can only do single player as Mario then I am about no secret characters.

For some reason that doesn't bug me as much as it would, probably because Homebrew codes will be up almost right away. If I want to play as Luigi or Toad it'll just be a small cheat away (although I don't see why the option wasn't included in the first place)

I can find things that disappoint me in any game really though.

I don't know why people find this so hard to understand.

The important thing is that I know I'm going to enjoy this game far too much to worry about little inconsequential missed opportunities.

I'll get over it when I play the actual game, but I'm still kinda "sad" by missed opportunities.

I guess I'll have to keep on waiting for that Mario platformer with playable Peach (SMB2 doesn't count, but it's pretty cool anyway xP)

I guess I'll have to keep on waiting for that Mario platformer with playable Peach (SMB2 doesn't count, but it's pretty cool anyway xP)

Galaxy 2, believe!

Alson4b9qp.jpg

AWESOME!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say it counts, but was long enough ago to warrant another. Personally though, I just want a Super Princess Peach 2. That game OWNS.

That is indeed one smexy piece of material, that box. I have been thinking of acquiring this game, only having 'Brawl and Guitar Hero for my awesome Nintendo Wii so far. The thing is, they always make different covers for the Europe versions. In some cases, that makes me a sad Diz, but hopefully it won't be too different this time.

Finally there is a Super Mario Bros. game with the original Super Mario Bros. gameplay available in multiplayer mode, I cannot wait to try that out. I also dig the fact that all those koopa kiddies will be starring in this game. The New Super Mario Bros. game for the DS did not disappoint me, and I do not think this one will either. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl is currently my favourite game, 'nuff said.)

Also, the Wii disk won't be all monochromic for once? (Or is that just me being unlucky with the Wii games I currently own?)

Look at that. Awesome game so far, Awesome box. Awesome art. Awesome Mario. Awesome Luigi. An awesome 4-player mechanic that has never before been seen in a major platform Mario game.

And yet, all some people give a shit about are the Toads.

I mean REALLY people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Galaxy 2, believe!

Now wouldn't that be awesome D: Nintendo owe me for ripping her out of Mario 64 DS last minute.

Alson4b9qp.jpg

AWESOME!

I have to admit the box colour and especially the manual are particularly awesome. It looks a much nicer red than Double Dash was, know what I mean? Also the disc is in full colour.

An awesome 4-player mechanic that has never before been seen in a major platform Mario game.

Better late than never eh?

And yet, all some people give a shit about are the Toads.

Yeah I can't believe some people actually like those guys! They're not even a sale point to me.

EDIT: Holy shit why don't I have Super Princess Peach yet!? >.<

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

While people are commenting on the box, I for one don't like it. I also don't like the Platinum hits boxes on Xbox 360, both of these for the same reason that the box doesn't match with the rest of my normal boxes. I don't even like the "bargain bin" recolored tags on PS2, PS3, PSP, and Gamecube games, and the non-white spines on Wii games like Geometry Wars and LucasArts games. I'm obsessive complusive like that.

These spoiler tags hold images that contain huge spoilers of the place after eight... Look at your own risk.

WORLD 9 SCREENS

World 9 Icons:

100_0420.jpg

World 9-1:

100_0409.jpg

World 9-2:

100_0412.jpg

World 9-3:

100_0413.jpg

World 9-4:

100_0414.jpg

World 9-5:

100_0415.jpg

World 9-6:

100_0416.jpg

World 9-7:

100_0417.jpg

World 9-8:

100_0418.jpg

100_0419.jpg

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

I just ordered the Special Edition version from GameStation. I was going to get the normal one, but this was the same price so I figured, what the hell? I like having special boxes on my shelves amongst the others, and currently the only ones I can count as 'special' are my 5 American/Japanese DS games. NSMBW and Bayonetta shall add nicely to that. Being indecisive about which version to buy turned out to be useful in the end. Haha

I can't wait for the release of this now. Multiplayer platformers make me happy!

Hey guys.

Over at my college (RIT) we have a gamers club, and one crafty guy managed to grab an ISO of the game, meaning I got to play some of NSMBWii.

I can safely say that this is the most fun Mario game I have ever played.

Nevermind the visuals not being spectacular, and don't worry about the two Toads. The second you grab a controller and start jumping on stuff and platforming over wild Cheep Cheeps, Dry Bones and Goombas, you'll forget that this is a Wii game, and realize that this is more than that: This is Mario in it's fullest form.

I got to play a Airship boss against Bowser Jr. For those who say this game can be utilized on the DS just as easily on the Wii are going to be proven horridly wrong, the entire fight depends on the Wii motion sensitivity. You jump in your own personal clown car and waggle to ram into Bowser Jr. knocking him into an electric pulse on the side of the screen! I had tons of fun with this.

The fact that there are two Toads quickly doesn't matter when you're picking eachother up, either to help eachother out, or be huge douchebags and toss your buddy into the lava pits. It's hilarious fun. I was literally laughing when I played this game. Guys, that doesn't happen. I don't even laugh when I play Sonic games, my favorite series of all time. This was that fun.

Now I had to leave a little early, so I didn't get to play more than a few levels, but from what I played, I was fully satisfied and more.

Heck, the graphics aren't even that bad. They have nice reflection effects in the underground levels, and the lava has a nice glow to it. The clouds are also silky smooth and stylized. This really feels like a next-gen Mario title.

10/10

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, really? If it's supposed to be that good I can't wait to try it out, I'll probably run into a large portion of money somewhere down the line this month, I'll pick it up when I got tha billz. I hope my friends will be willing to play multiplayer with me, none of my friends play anything on the Wii anymore.

This is the kind of game you keep playing over and over. I've never had that much fun playing a Mario game.

I'm serious guys. :0

My credibility is probably thin, I'm sure, but you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Edited by Indigo Dude

Seriously? Wow. So this game is basically pure, distilled fun? That's it, I'm getting this game.

Let's try not to put forth flame bait or anything... -Jake

Edit: Sorry, that was intended as a joke, but whatever.

Edited by The Sniper