Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

Yoshi is a powerup just as much as the Ice Flower and Propellor Suit is.

But Yoshi is a person, and he stays there after you get off him D: and he's recurring too.

Also the Cape is the spiritual successor to the Tanooki Suit. I would have loved a real flying powerup in this.

The red coins are a newer addition to the 2D games.

Well actually they were in Mario Bros Deluxe.

Want a perfect Mario game? Go make your own.

Making my own because the official isn't good enough is something that only Sonic fans should have to do D:

Do we know the 100% unlockable yet?

I hope not.

Edited by SuperLink

Also the Cape is the spiritual successor to the Tanooki Suit. I would have loved a real flying powerup in this.

How the heck you can manage to fly around like that when there are 4 players on the screen is beyond me.

Oh, and Propeller Suit says "hi"

Oh, and Propeller Suit says "hi"

Keywords: "Real flying powerup"

But yeah the 4 player thing would be the reason...

To be honest I'd rather have 4 player than the Cape anyway.

EDIT: Speaking of which...

Hopefully 4 player isn't just a gimmick. If it becomes a series mainstay then it'll have already done a far better job than NSMBDS.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, Geno confirmed.

Edited by SuperLink

? ......That was random.

I just saw a thread on another forum talking about how Geno should be in it and stuff. Reminded me of Brawl.

Good times.

Sorry for the bump, but a fair few people have 100%ed the game now.

Unlockables spoiler:

There is no 100% unlockable (unless you count the 5th Star), so ONM were probably just talking about World 9.

I think you need some Star Coins from World 8 to unlock World 9, but the rest of the Star Coins are used for Super Skills and Tutorial Videos in Peach's Castle.

I was expecting a bigger 100% unlock... but World 9 is fine, for some reason this doesn't annoy me as much as I thought it would.

100_0408.jpg

So there you have it, we know about everything in the game now. Now we just need to play it ourselves!!

Unlockables spoiler:

There is no 100% unlockable

Thats... shit, really shit. I wasn't expecting anything big but for ONM to make out there was some amazing 100% unlockable and then for it to turn out to be nothing is a bit of a dissapointment...

aww. So does that means Geno is not in it? I would have expected a bigger unlockable, but what the hell world 9 sounds good enough.

Flying powerups (mainly the cape) break the games they're in, IMO

Isn't the "whole new world" just like, the same levels again but harder, or something?

I think they are the same themes, but I'm not sure if the levels are just harder versions of past levels. I really think they are new levels using the themes of worlds 1-8.

It makes me question whether those were even human. Modern Japanese players very much?

I would of replied the same way if I hadn't seen Japanese speed runners play Super Monkey Ball.

It makes me question whether those were even human. Modern Japanese players very much?

I'm pretty sure it was the developers of the game themselves. At least that's what I thought.

So I just got a call from Gamestop telling me I can pick up my copy of NSMBW Sunday morning at 9:00AM. Best of all it was from Mario himself, just like when Galaxy came out. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure it was the developers of the game themselves. At least that's what I thought.

Yeah, these videos were apparently done by the development team. Sort of like the Staff Ghosts in Mario Kart, I suppose. We know how awesome some of those Staff ghosts are.

Well when you work your ass off on something for a year+ I guess you learn a thing or two.

Anyway I'm so excited for Sunday. I know a lot of the excitement comes from the nostalgia factor but I don't care. I really hope Needlemouse nails the classic Sonic feel as well as NSMBW nails the classic Mario feel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo seems to like releasing big games on sunday. SSBB, Platinum, and now this.

No shops are open on Sundays in Norway. Awesome how this game will be released the 20th, though (so they say, at least) instead of the irritating “six month Norwegian version delay” deal. I hope I will be able to grab a copy, ’tis about time I got myself another ’Wii game, and this one looks like candy for my eyes.

No shops are open on Sundays in Norway. Awesome how this game will be released the 20th, though (so they say, at least) instead of the irritating “six month Norwegian version delay” deal. I hope I will be able to grab a copy, ’tis about time I got myself another ’Wii game, and this one looks like candy for my eyes.

Cause it's my birthday!