Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

Beat World 1. Already, Im fucking loving it! Even though I had a bad day, this, Pokemon Rumble, & Kirbys Adventure made me smile.

Is it already out in the U.S.? Damn, we don't get it until Friday coming. Can't wait to pick it up, absolutely love the DS version.

Been playing it. This thing is massive fun.

I felt terrible at first. I am playing with two of my siblings. We all went running at once, I jumped off my sisters head and landed into a goomba and died, she went under my jump and died from the same goomba, and Koopa Patroopa got my brother who was running ahead. I thought it was funny, but by the 2nd stage we were all getting back into old habits and started having fun.

This game is amazing and keeps throwing surprises all around. Having a lot of fun with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

They put the first mushroom block in the wrong place. That's supposed to be a coin block! How can anybody, ANYBODY make that kind of mistake?

Either way, I'm not gonna buy this game. At least not at full price, but with Nintendo's logic on pricing games that means never.(still pissed at seeing Twilight Princess, a lauch game I might add, still at $50... assholes...)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Is it already out in the U.S.? Damn, we don't get it until Friday coming. Can't wait to pick it up, absolutely love the DS version.

Yeah but we get a super awesome tin and they do not.

Online with this game, honestly, would have been nigh-impossible anyway even on more powerful hardware without things bocting up due to lag, as this type of game requires precision in its platforming. The only reason LBP's online even worked was that its platform engine was so damn floaty and stuff and lacked precision, and it masked the potential for stuff to go wrong.

I don't really know much about this but what about Brawl? That kinda had precision, even if it was a bit floaty.

And how did NSMB work then? (via DS download) Or is internet play a whole different matter? As I've said, I don't really know much about this to be honest, just thought it would've been cool...

I don't really know much about this but what about Brawl? That kinda had precision, even if it was a bit floaty.

And how did NSMB work then? (via DS download) Or is internet play a whole different matter? As I've said, I don't really know much about this to be honest, just thought it would've been cool...

Miyamoto himself said lagless online was perfectly possible, they just didn't put it in.

If lagless online was possible why did Brawl suck so bad? It's obvious Nintendo spent more developing Brawl and if they couldn't get that running well then what chance did NSMBW have? Saying something and doing something are two completely different things. Even though Miyamoto said it could have been done I don't believe it. Yes they could have got it running online but without any lag (or even little) sounds like BS to me.

If lagless online was possible why did Brawl suck so bad? It's obvious Nintendo spent more developing Brawl and if they couldn't get that running well then what chance did NSMBW have? Saying something and doing something are two completely different things. Even though Miyamoto said it could have been done I don't believe it. Yes they could have got it running online but without any lag (or even little) sounds like BS to me.

I dunno, most fighting games require a lot more precision than platformers, because Brawl is technically played like a "platformer", just with tons and tons of moves and characters.

Brawl's online could have been much better, most people agree on that. I think it's because there wasn't much put into the online aspects.. That much is clear from the shoddy online options available.

• Thumbs Up 1

I finished the 8th World last night. The final boss is really great. It might be my favorite Mario boss ever. I managed to beat the game without ever having the Super Guide block show up so I got the little title screen star bonus for that. I'm now working on finding all the star coins and secret exits in the levels. I love this game! It might be my favorite 2D Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

My order was shipped today, so I needn't worry about the possibility of it not arriving for Friday. Two days shipping, so yay!

ofuk royal mail

Waiting for my cousin to get it so we can all gang-pile is Wii and play it together. Overall I think this game is gonna be pretty rad, I'm all for multi-player action and who better to deliver it than Nintendo?

IT ARRIVED! I got it in the post today, and the tin is proper sexy! Yay! Too Happy now.

The box within the tin is red btw, just for those of you who thought it was standard white. The game is really fun. Only played it single player so far and up to world 1-4, cause I've got friends coming over tomorrow to play.

Edited by Blue Blood

My friend and I picked up our copies of the game as soon as the game store opened, and we played until the very end of world 4. For the most part it was just the two of us, but his brother and cousin popped in a few times, so I got to experience the 4 player multiplayer.

I hate it. But that's because 2 of the 4 of us are un-coordinated dummies. When my friend and I play just the two of us, the multiplayer is excellent, because we are at similar skill levels and don't screw around with throwing each other.

The game is a massively different, and much more difficult experience going solo. The difficulty feels amped up, and power-ups needed to get to another part of a level can't be held onto as long as you could with a group.

As for the Koopalings, it's so good to see them, but really, it's hard to accept any voice used for them other than what I am used to ( ...which is sad considering that their original voice was actually pretty crappy... except for Bully and Kootie Pie. ) ...But voice is of no importance. They really are much harder than the bosses in the DS game.

Speaking of bosses, I was actually a bit dissapointed in the final boss ( just a bit ). It's a bit hard to explain without dropping a spoiler or anything...

This has got to be my favorite Mario game tied with SMB3 and SMG.

Also, I have actually developed quite a liking for the yellow toad. He looks so retro and awesome when he gets the fire flower... like... he reminds me of really old artwork of Toad I had on my Mario coloring books and lunchboxes when I was young. And anyways, much like how the Koopalings being Bowser's children seems to be something uncanon coined by NOA, I believe that Toad being an individual is also something made up by NOA ( Of course I am not stating this as a fact. Otherwise why name Toad in SMRPG or Superstar saga? ).

( ...which is sad considering that their original voice was actually pretty crappy... except for Bully and Kootie Pie. )

If only Mario and Luigi and everyone had their TV show voices... The shows also changed the names of the Koopalings.

Speaking of voices, I don't know why exactly but Mario sounds awful in this game. He kinda didn't so und right in Galaxy either, but this is much worse.

Edited by Blue Blood

I know what you mean there, Martinet seems to be losing his Mario a little in recent outings. Thankfully his other voices are still great. I wonder why it's just Mario that sounds a bit ill?

As for TV show voices... I have a few in mind for Luigi.

Death: "HHHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPP!!!"

Getting on Yoshi: "Stop callin' me mama!"

Stage complete: "That's Mama Luigi to you Mario! *wheeze*"

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought this game today and invited my friend over to play it with me. It. Was. Hilarious. We could not stop laughing. Instead of actually helping each others out, we sabotaged each other and it was just so funny, and a surprise that we managed progressing as far as we did. We played it for hours.

At first, all my friend did was just sprinting through the levels, something which led to me being crushed by the screen if I didn't keep kamikaze-keeping up. XD

Then, we kept throwing each others off of cliffs and jumping on each other so that enemies knocked us out instead of us them.

This is absolutely hilarious, and I love it. 2-player action in this game is awesome, and I cannot wait until another friend comes home by Christmas so we can 3-player it.

Also, I love the fact how they brought all those Koopa/Bowser child bosses back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

My friend unexpectedly bought it yesterday and we played it in 2-3 player for a few hours, and then 4 player for a little bit as more of my friends arrived (Friday is always gaming night)

It was crazy and hilarious really, at first people kept on dying but didn't really care. I dibs'd Luigi and my friend who bought the game and I kept throwing stuff and sabotaging Player 3 (because he was a Toad). We sailed through the first world. To make things better we were all doing impressions of the characters we played as (I don't know how many people here do it, but we do it all the time in games like Smash Bros and stuff), so it was really just noise, and we could hardly hear the game, but it was hilarious.

Here's where is started to suck a bit: When we played 4 player, a couple of the players who got left behind when one player went too far kept on dying; and instead of just enjoying it and not caring like before, people started to get pissy and it quickly became less fun. So we played Brawl instead.

From my few hours in multiplayer with the game I'm searching every inch of my brain to try and find out WHY it took Nintendo so fucking long to make a CoOp Mario game. It's the kind of thing that NEEDS to be a series staple. If it wasn't for the £30+ price tag I'd be all over this instantly, but although I do want it more than I did I'm still getting Muramasa first.

PS I still hate the Toads. Seeing regular Toad in the intro only served to make more more annoyed that he wasn't playable instead.

Here's where is started to suck a bit: When we played 4 player, a couple of the players who got left behind when one player went too far kept on dying; and instead of just enjoying it and not caring like before, people started to get pissy and it quickly became less fun. So we played Brawl instead.

From my few hours in multiplayer with the game I'm searching every inch of my brain to try and find out WHY it took Nintendo so fucking long to make a CoOp Mario game. It's the kind of thing that NEEDS to be a series staple. If it wasn't for the £30+ price tag I'd be all over this instantly, but although I do want it more than I did I'm still getting Muramasa first.

PS I still hate the Toads. Seeing regular Toad in the intro only served to make more more annoyed that he wasn't playable instead.

Brawl is kind of like this, as in two players playing on a 2D Nintendo platformer at the same time with ie. Mario and Luigi and defeating Super Mario Bros. enemies, amongst others, but that prolly still was a little different (obviously).

About the 4-player thing, you can press a button to instantly become a bubble, yet you do not lose a life or your super powers, you just shake your controller and you are dragged towards the other players without being squeezed by stuff. I figured I had to do this often, as my friend rushed through the levels like heck, it was part of what was so funny. XD

About the 4-player thing, you can press a button to instantly become a bubble, yet you do not lose a life or your super powers, you just shake your controller and you are dragged towards the other players without being squeezed by stuff. I figured I had to do this often, as my friend rushed through the levels like heck, it was part of what was so funny. XD

Yeah we knew about the bubble thing but at the time we really didn't think to use it like that! So we'll keep it in mind for next time.

And speaking of which shouldn't be too far away, since I have more money than I thought I did so my mum picked up a copy of the game just now (along with Tales of Symphonia 2. Yay?) so I'll be playing it with my brother later hopefully.

Couldn't find Muramasa anywhere though T_T

Well I did it! I finished every level without activating Super Guide, found every secret exit, and collected every star coin. I now have the five star save file. :D Let me tell you that

World 9

is a great challenge, especially when going for star coins. I'd say there are certainly a few levels that rival Mario 3 in difficulty. The only thing that makes it a bit easier is the fact that they throw so many 1-UPs and items at you that you basically get plenty of chances to retry. Thankfully it never took me more then eight lives on any given level because I've never seen the Super Guide block appear.

Fantastic game and I'm pretty confident it's now my favorite 2D Mario. The level design is great and they are constantly throwing fun new ideas at you in addition to the standard platforming. Also it easily has the best boss fights of any 2D Mario game (excluding Yoshi's Island). I was worried the Koopalings might feel too samey, but IMO they mixed things up nice. I haven't had a chance to try out co-op yet, but I can't wait until I do. I hope Mario Galaxy 2 improves over Mario Galaxy as much as New Super Mario Bros. Wii improved over New Super Mario Bros. DS. Not that Mario Galaxy wasn't great (it's one of my favorite games ever), but if it can improve over it's predecessor as much as NSMBW did then it will be really incredible.

Played through it with my brother and finished it earlier today. =3

Never used the super guide (couldn't have since it was co-op, wouldn't have even in single-player). Haven't got all the star coins/ secret exits yet, working on those now though. Still haven't played it in single player yet, oddly.

Whilst I do like the game a lot, one thing is starting to dawn on me, though. Maybe it's just me, but levels in 2D Mario games do seem to be a tad unmemorable. Rather than remember the layout/ various bits of each level, they just seem to be sort of.... 'there', for me.

Also, I will say that for one or two levels, I admittedly did think the level design got a bit lazy and cheap in places. There was one stage (might have been 9-1 actually, although there are a few similar bits earlier on in the game) where most of the stage was practically made up of various moving/ rotating blocks. Yes, it's hard as nails to play through, but it's hardly creative level design in all honesty, is it? Again, it was only a couple of stages, so it by no mean drags the game down. Just a minor irritation that I noticed once or twice.

Finally started playing my own copy after being stuck to ToS2 for the last couple days.

*CRITICISM MODE!*

I love how Miyamoto tries to keep Mario stories about as deep as a small puddle on flat concrete because it interrupts gameplay, but there isn't even a skip option for the cutscenes in the game. Irony at its finest![/criticism mode]

Anyway, I'm playing in single player now, so hopefully those sections that were designed more with one player in mind (like some of the forts) will play better now. Also I'm going to echo Mahzes' statement about memorability. None of the stages in this game are particularly memorable so far; but I guess other than the original SMB 1-1 stage, 2D Mario has never really been about how memorable it is.

• Thumbs Up 1