Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Abandon ship!!! ABANDON SHIP!!!!

They'll somehow ruin the momentum physics in a game where you're always moving.

Edited by Exblend
  • Thumbs Up 1

If it's anything like Sonic Jump was in terms of quality, I'm game.

And if it turns out to be an endless runner, then all the better. Sonic would perfectly into that genre and I for one would love to be able to play that on my mobile when I'm bored or on a bus or a train or whatever.

One teeny, tiny request though... make it available on Android and iOS at the same time, eh? Or at least announce an Android version and don't keep everyone in the dark about it!

Oh, hell yeah.

Tbh, I'm leaning more towards the endless runner though. As you said, that would fit Sonic perfectly. A perfect time waster, that would be :D

Calm your tits.

There's absolutely zero chance that this is the next main Sonic game. SEGA Hardlight is a small, UK based developer that makes silly little mobile games, ala Sonic Jump. Sonic Team over in Japan handles the main series. This is going to be a side title to the nth degree in the exact same manner that Jump is.

Evidence and common sense prevail.

Yeah, you're right, freaked out there for a second.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming it'll be Sonic Jump but tilted horizontally. So, back to basics.

It was how the series started, so I'm sure they can find some way to make it entertaining.

In my opinion, SEGA kind of rips people off with their mobile games.

You pay 3 dollars to get a BETA of a game and then you are nickel and dimed for every single thing in the game. I'd understand using micro-transactions more if the game cost $1 or even free, but for $3...

I know it's not a lot but compared to other games. :/

Genius marketing model, actually. Make a free or dirt cheap game, give it tons of stuff that costs money or would be more convenient to pay for in money. Works most of the time.

Will be neat to see what gimmick it has, if any.

Genius marketing model, actually. Make a free or dirt cheap game, give it tons of stuff that costs money or would be more convenient to pay for in money. Works most of the time.

Will be neat to see what gimmick it has, if any.

I disagree here. The game would sell a lot more if it was priced at .99 cents. A lot of app store users do not buy anything more than a dollar, and stick to the dollar or free model. A ton of cash is raked in through microtransactions, so I'm sure SEGA would actually make more money this way.

PS: Sonic Jump landed #1 when it was made free. I'm sure SEGA made tons of money through in-store purchases.

The fact that the background is said to change the longer you run gives me a massive fangasm.

Seriously that sounds HOT.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder what environments will appear in the game. It'd be cool if they do something Generations-style and have some sections inspired by old games rather than Sonic Jump's generic levels like "Mountain Zone." Also, if this is a Temple Run inspired game, give us Sky Sanctuary :P

Hopefully this will have an art style similar to Sonic Jump, but in 3d. 

And this doesn't count as this year's Sonic Game, SEGA! But most likely this will be a small, on-the-side money maker and they will announce this year's main series game later. 

At least we may get some cool new art from this. Sonic jump was pretty good, so at least the devs have a good leg to stand on.

Good art is probably to be expected. But I more so hunger for different pieces to at least hint at some kind of progression, if this game is to have a story mode. That little comic in Jump where Eggman blasts off and your character looks on was only cool the first time. xP

What's this? No Android version confirmed as of yet?

God dammit SEGA why didn't you learn from Sonic Jump, us non-Apple owners want some mobile Sonic luuuuuurve as well!

This has the potential to be even better than Sonic Jump so if I don't get to play it I will seriously sadface.

• Thumbs Up 6

From Hardlight's Twitter:

As so many of you have asked, yes we are working on a new mobile game.

And yes, it is Sonic Dash.

We're very excited to announce more details very soon.

@sonicstadium You guys don't miss a trick ;-)

New projects, new vacancies, new studio….it's a VERY exciting time for us.

We hope you're all as excited as us!

@v_ben Thanks. We think you're all going to love it.

Guys, they mentioned naturally transitioning from one stage to another. You do know this is the coolest thing ever, right??

Yoshi Touch and Go.

Nothing special. Cool, but nothing special or new.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1