Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

EDIT: Sorry! I forgot about that rule. I'll remember that next time.

Edited by SoniTH

Unfortunately, I've got a problem there. It's, er... missing. The 'none' button's not even an option.

I think I'm just gonna have to wait until the new card comes in or until my mom has the free time to adjust it herself or something.

Thank you, though! I really appreciate the help! 

Er, dang... that's weird...

Yeah, I saw that thing on TSSZ too. Still sucks I can't really play the game. Maybe I can get an iPad soon... I'd love to be able to unlock Shadow.

EDIT: Its notable that, as I recall, I do have enough red rings to get Tails. I was saving for Knuckles though.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Please add Blaze.

And Hardlight, PLEASE change the boost aura for the characters. Really lame seeing them all blue.

Actually, I do believe the TSSZNews rule is only in place for the rumors.

Actually, I do believe the TSSZNews rule is only in place for the rumors.

Riiiiight, Retro's is No TSSZ period. well whatever, we shouldn't be linking to them anyways when Woun is 1 of our dearest members and discoverer of this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I was wondering when Shadow would make it in. Guy's a pretty good way to lure in a lot of cash despite his broken base.

Plus since it's not a story-based title his inclusion doesn't hurt things at all.

Now if only the characters were more than just reskins. :P

Just went in to do today's challenge so I could complete the mission and get Red Rings to unlock Knuckles. But, I got lucky on the random prize and won him right off the bat. Now I have no reason to carry on playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... what's the verdict on this game? Should I even bother hoping for an Android port anymore?

It's fairly fun when there is in update/challenges, but once you have reaches the highest level possible (until the next update) it can get repetitive) its good in that you can pick up and play pretty much whenever, and is great for a small Sonic fix, also you don't NEED to buy anything on the app itself, it's hard enough to unlock characters to make it a challenge, but not so hard that it'd be more worth buying them.

So... what's the verdict on this game? Should I even bother hoping for an Android port anymore?

Until it becomes fun like its competitors like Temple Run and Subway Surfers, you're better off not getting this game. Dash has a lonnng way to go before it is actually fun to play everyday.

Fun little time waster, even if it's hard to really feel motivated once you've unlocked everything.

I blame the fact I haven't picked it up recently myself, since there are some new missions for it and I always like winning those simply so I can blow my amateur best friend's scores away.

Isn't Sonic Dash free to get now? I thought I read it on all, I may be wrong though

Isn't Sonic Dash free to get now? I thought I read it on all, I may be wrong though

It is, and really is the best way to convince people who are on the fence to get it, thankfully. The average consumer is notoriously miserly even with small transactions.

Yes there may be better games but the key is to make sure they don't know that. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes there may be better games but the key is to make sure they don't know that. ;)

Shh Ogilvie we don't want them catching on to our master plan ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've no idea what happened, but for some reason I got that advertisement for the rings deal again.

Except... it was in German for some odd reason. It was a "...wait what?" moment as soon as I saw that it was in Euros rather than dollars. Hardlight may want to look into this... :P

So Dash gets a review in this issue of STCO (sorry for the shameless plug!)

http://www.stconline.co.uk/261/reviewzone.html

Looking at the Raves/Graves I think this is the only largely positive review I have seen of Dash, yet I think it's quite fair when you read the details. And I'm not just saying that because it's on STCO! XD

What do the Dash playing community make of this review?

Review seemed fair enough! It should have brought attention to how the slowdown/lag really depends on the platform... my iPad runs it just fine, but it seems the bulk of phones aren't as lucky on that front.

I do approve that they concede that as it's free now, a lot of the ability to complain gets taken away. Heck, I wonder how they make any money off this... but it looks like microtransactions are surprisingly viable despite how much we hear complaints about them.

I got pretty damn annoyed when it said it was Free To Play. I know it wasn't too expensive, but it was still wasn't worth the money.

oh wow, I've hit 1000 posts!!

Edited by Crash

I do approve that they concede that as it's free now, a lot of the ability to complain gets taken away. Heck, I wonder how they make any money off this... but it looks like microtransactions are surprisingly viable despite how much we hear complaints about them.

I guess accidental purchases via my toddler count then :P

Well I finally managed to unlock tails. But damn it, why does knuckles have to be so expensive?

Thank god for the red rings on the daily challenge ;)

Thank god for the red rings on the daily challenge wink.png

The daily challenges are laughably weighted against the extra characters and red rings. Your best bet is to do the 5/10 red ring daily challenges and then restart then instead of trying your luck on the day 5+ random prizes.

That's what I meant :P

Although I luckily got Knux on my fifth day before restarting

• Thumbs Up 1