Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I'll say it again. I find it amazing they make any money at all when they hand out goodies like candy.

The only perk worth buying is probably the double rings.

But I guess some folks are really just that impatient.

...laughing my ass off at the 25 dollars for 100,000 red rings thing. That's like... a lifetime investment right there.

New update in Sonic Dash 1.3:

FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
Beat your Facebook friends’ best times!

NEW MISSIONS
Build your score multiplier to x20 by completing 15 all new missions

**Want to beat your high score? Complete missions to increase your score multiplier, whilst your multiplier doubles when the Dash meter is full!**

USABILITY
New hint messages added, balancing of obstacles and set piece gaps

PLUS! Design tweaks to the main menu, general bug fixes and improvements.

There's still no news on a possible Android port?

If there was news, it'd have been posted now.

With iOS they have to develop for just two or three nigh-identical platforms. With Android, there's dozens of devices that vary in a bunch of ways. Their best bet is to get the iOS version to be as good as possible then port it so they don't have to keep doing updates. Better that then you get buggy games and they waste time, money and their reputation.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there was news, it'd have been posted now.

With iOS they have to develop for just two or three nigh-identical platforms. With Android, there's dozens of devices that vary in a bunch of ways. Their best bet is to get the iOS version to be as good as possible then port it so they don't have to keep doing updates. Better that then you get buggy games and they waste time, money and their reputation.

Indeed. Android folk get a version that's been ironed out... iOS people get one that goes through tons of revisions. It's a trade off!

Oh okay so that deal was only for 600 red rings and 100,000 regular rings. Still. Impressive!

Update's looking interesting... I'm off to Missionville!

Already did one set of missions and am halfway done with another!

Also who's bright idea was it to make getting 12,000 rings with a character you will probably have to pay for (Amy) an achievement?!

The same person who thought itd be fun to make you run 500,000m with the most expensive character on the game for an achievement?

Edited by Jolt_TH

Hm...the mission where you have to upgrade three power ups to level 5 is a bit glitched...looks like it doesn't count the ones you upgraded to level 5 before you got the mission...

I'm not exactly stuck (still got some to upgrade to level 5) but c'mon.

Hm...the mission where you have to upgrade three power ups to level 5 is a bit glitched...looks like it doesn't count the ones you upgraded to level 5 before you got the mission...

I'm not exactly stuck (still got some to upgrade to level 5) but c'mon.

Logical. The mission system does not count anything done beforehand. Even if you've run 1 million meters, you will need to run 1,000 more to satisfy a "Run 1,000 meters" mission. So you're being screwed over by a stupid technicality of the system. They should fix that and create an exception.

Pay with red rings.

This is what I save mine for.

...well. It took me a while to realise you didn't have to pay for the mission and then complete it... man I wasted so many rings that way...

I hated the "run. 15000m without banking" mission. 15000 is quite a fair distance and a lot if the time the only springs are "bank" and "random", including THAT much of a random element is just unfair (especially since you have to bounce on like 10 springs to get the distance !)

I just gave up on that one after dying several times and just bought it with Red Rings. I do like how they give you some free red rings for those rainy days for that reason.

A basic recap of what happened yesterday.

>A friend teased me about going out to eat at a restaurant by naming my favorite dishes.

>When I get free time he says we'll go the next day instead.

>I played Sonic Dash, scored 1.1 million without continues, and challenged him to surpass it.

>Don't mess with the Oggy's taste buds!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I really didn't bother with this game after they made '1.2' of it. I just can't be bothered with the daily challenge.

I really didn't bother with this game after they made '1.2' of it. I just can't be bothered with the daily challenge.

It does lose its appeal yes, but that might be in my case because I played it religiously.

As a time waster it is definitely the best of the options I have. It's that or Ty the Tasmanian Tiger: Boomerang Blast.

I have WAAAY too many games in my iPod I don't play :P

This is a choice I perfer over jump (I just can't pick up and play that...also have to buy Knux for my latest mission) and is good for a few minutes blast waiting for the bus or train.

...speaking of, we have had a lot of updates for Dash (no shadow though :/), where's the industrial level for Jump gone?

My friend suggested a neat feature for Dash: It should record how many continues you used as part of a score. Would make challenges more interesting, because as it stands, you can just spam continues and get a high score from that, and no one would be any the wiser.

Most of the highest scores are BS anyway but still.

Yeah, all sorts of glitches in that game.

Every so often I get one where the camera glitches out... either it goes below the ground and I can see Sonic's shadow, or it FLIPS AROUND and I can't see what I'm doing and it rights itself -just- in time for me to run into an object. That's how my run ended last night.

Hardware problems are a given but when the actual software is bugged...

In honour of Sonic's birthday, you get a free red ring for playing today.

320px-Squidward_Meme_-_Nobody_Cares.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

And now something to blow the red rings on.

I know it won't happen, but id LOVE if you had to race him. Maybe something like if you hit an enemy or spikes you slow down but if you don't you go ahead but he stays close (like the mario kart AI on 150cc)

Could that logo in the corner mean global challenge, ala Blaze in Jump?

Yay, I'll finally have reason to pick up the game. Used to do it daily but it kind of got stale for me because I'm not usually big on being the best score.

But hey, more stuff to spend rings on!