Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I'm trying to make sure to play more than once a day and for longer time periods to make sure I can contribute to the Global Challenge. Let's get Shadow everyone!

17 laps now. That went by pretty fast.

This game is still finding ways to be cheap. I've got a mission to run 15,000 metres without banking. So what happens when I'm 14,000 something metres? I get to a set of monitors, one two bank and two randoms. Naturally in this situation I pick one of the randoms. So what do I get? Bank. Fucking ridiculous. I

Oh and does anyone else find that the distance markers no longer show up? I'm using an iPhone 4 btw.

Edited by Blue Blood

I hadn't played this game for a while. I'm getting back into it at the moment. Looking forward to (hopefully) unlocking Shadow.

They still show up for me so I'm not sure there :/

But yeah, I think with missions like that they should give you at least one route that doesn't have a bank on it and not leave it up to chance!

366,000 meters to my name!

Of the 22 laps (880,000,000 meters) run so far, that's 0.04% of the total... sooo 1/2500. Well, hey, when there's 12.9 million players of Dash around the world, it's a fair amount!

I had no idea how far I have run for the contest lol! I'm sure it's quite a distance.

I made sure to record my total meters ran prior to the contest opening... and then ballpark it from there.

I've also found that I'm playing differently now, usually I collect rings and bank them, keeping the boost gauge for my double points, however now I'm using the boost web I get it to push me forward more

Normally I never use boost as I see it as not worth the loss in points. The exception is those two columns with a gap on the side... since it takes a lot of timing to properly make that jump.

17 laps now. That went by pretty fast.

Snowball effect, I suppose. Now that it's rising so fast I guess more people are joining in as they're confident we can win... self-fulfilling prophecies at work!

Oh and does anyone else find that the distance markers no longer show up? I'm using an iPhone 4 btw.

Using an iPad, but for me sometimes they may as well not show up because they tend to be around curves which means you don't really see them very well.

They still show up for me so I'm not sure there :/

But yeah, I think with missions like that they should give you at least one route that doesn't have a bank on it and not leave it up to chance!

The good news is Red Rings are so easy to come by now it's ultimately a non-issue after a few daily challenges.

can someone explain me how does this global challenge laps system work??? I didn't get it oO

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

can someone explain me how does this global challenge laps system work??? I didn't get it oO

As you run on the game any distance you run goes into a large "pot" if you will, of EVERYONE who owns the game, if we all collectively can run a set distance (this time it's 100 laps of the earth) we unlock shadow. It's not laps in the game as its an endless course but the DISTANCE of 100 laps around the equator of the earth.

Edited by Jolt_TH

I haven't had the chance to play Sonic Dash since my iPod is 3 years old and can't process the graphics from it to save it's life. I've played it on my friend's iPhone, however. From what I've seen it looks decent.

If I have two gripes, it's the fact that some of enemy placements are bullshit since there's honestly no way to avoid . If you have three enemy's down the road with three more coming your way ALONG with bottomless pits, there's a good chance you'll die.

Other then that, Sonic's tricks animation looks painfully stiff. It's like he's being controlled as a marionette.

25/100!

That puts us at little over 13 days... so we need to keep up 5 per day!

420,000 meters run here and counting... whoo!

I’ve ran about a million meters since the challenge started and I’m exhausted; I’m thinking about taking a break for a few days to regain my sanity motivation. I run 5-10 times each day, getting around 20,000 meters each run using a headstart and maybe a revive token. Having everything upgraded to level 6, especially the boost duration and how fast it fills up, helps a lot.

After the last batch if challenges I'm not upgrading mine till it says so, even if I have the money

I’ve ran about a million meters since the challenge started and I’m exhausted; I’m thinking about taking a break for a few days to regain my sanity motivation. I run 5-10 times each day, getting around 20,000 meters each run using a headstart and maybe a revive token. Having everything upgraded to level 6, especially the boost duration and how fast it fills up, helps a lot.

Up to 483,000 myself! One million is a considerable amount, you deserve a break!

I guess the headstarts have some limited use in this competition due to their speeding through the first part. Guess the most useless of the powerups finally can be used for something after all!

After the last batch if challenges I'm not upgrading mine till it says so, even if I have the money

Can't fault you on that front. Lord knows Dash feels like a beta at times with how many adjustments are being made all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno about that. Headstarts are absolutely worthless in my view unless you're new to the game. You can't fill up your boost gauge when it's on, which is lethal for score accumulation given that rings come out easiest in the first segment - which the head start bursts you through.

However, this is good news!

It was at 35 yesterday... then jumped to 50 today. Either it lagged or yesterday was Dash Addiction day.

Ten days... fifty percent... we actually have a shot at this, folks!

601,000 meters to my name since the challenge began...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Dash has been updated to version 1.4.1.

MORE CONTROL

Enhanced touch screen controls --- for a more reactive experience

GOING FOR GOLD
All Gold Ring bundles are much better value now!

Plus various bug fixes.

I wasn't expecting an update to Sonic Dash to come this quick.

Downloaded the game last night, since it was free. Currently have 745,814 meters to my name. This game is pretty addictive.

I don't like how there are missions that require consecutive days to complete though. Makes my impatient self consider spending those hard-to-earn Red Star Rings on voiding the mission, and thus making it take longer to get 60 RSRs to get Knuckles. DX

I’ve started playing with the music off recently since I couldn’t concentrate anymore after hearing the Seaside Hill music so many times. Now I find the sound of Sonic’s footsteps amusing for some reason.

Also, I somehow managed to run 52,968 meters in one run without a revive token earlier. I’m currently up to 1.6 million meters. Keep up the good work everyone!

Sometimes I listen to Unleashed tracks with the music off but sound effects on :P

But I am a little strange to be fair!

Man, you guys are beating me so badly it's not even funny! tongue.png

Updated... here's hoping it fixes the lag issues I've been having recently. Nothing more annoying than high-speed games with lag.

My tip for those to help get in more game time for the competition is to play it while waiting for something to download or when cooking a meal.

Also for those who have trouble when they run into the recent "I hate this so much" obstacle that is the two pillars next to a gap and it's very painful to get past without a boost... what I do is jump right as I'm about to hit it and quickly sidestep. Timing is everything, but hey, it's doable!

I don't like sacrificing my bonus points to get past it. :c

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Something Android gamers might find interesting:

On 26/7/2013, Edward from SEGA posted an article - on the SEGA Blog - about reaching the halfway point in the Sonic Dash challenge. In reply to several questions about whether Dash is coming to Android, Edward stated the following:

"@ Everyone asking about Android …

Right now we haven’t officially announced Sonic Dash for android — but please know that we

i) know how much everyone wants to see it there

ii) want to make sure to bring everything we can to both iPhone and Android and

iii) will post info on this as soon as we have it.

In general: it takes longer to develop games for Android due to the large number & variety of Android devices. When developing a game for that platform, it takes time to test and work out all the issues."

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/07/26/sonic-dash-global-challenge-halfway-point/

Whilst this does not confirm Dash is coming to Android, Edward's post seems to give the impression that Dash will make it to Android at some point.

Edited by -Bender-

Yeah, I posted a status on this the other day, saying that some other dude from SEGA replied to a post on the official Sonic Facebook page saying the same deal, that Dash is being prolonged due to the crazy amount of Android devices.

Edited by Super Spindash

I have no problem with that obstacle Ogilvie, try jumping, as if it were a low block, then moving over the gap and then back again :)

My question is, would we be able to compete with friends on Android?

Or is Gamcenter and the like an example of the monopolistic nonsense that pervades the electronics industry?

I have no problem with that obstacle Ogilvie, try jumping, as if it were a low block, then moving over the gap and then back again smile.png

Ah yes, I figured, but man is that one hell of a reflex-tester!