Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Well, we've hit 75 laps! Everyone has been awarded 10 Red Star Rings. Just a little bit more dashing until Shadow, guys!

Do any of the characters have something unique to them besides different running animations?

Do any of the characters have something unique to them besides different running animations?

Well nothing really other than each one feeling more worthless than the last.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's something to lobby Hardlight for.

Watch them release a paid update for 2 or 3 dollars that gives them all unique animations and gives an extra stage or two.  

Well, we've hit 75 laps! Everyone has been awarded 10 Red Star Rings. Just a little bit more dashing until Shadow, guys!

Let's do it to it!

991,000 meters since the start of the challenge here!

Well nothing really other than each one feeling more worthless than the last.

*joke about the Sonic franchise in general here*

Holy crap that challenge picked up quick!

Congratulations, everyone!

1.023 million meters here... wonderful working with all you other Dashers, big or small!

...so. Who's going to be playing Dash while waiting in line for Boom/SOS?

Tried out Shadow - to be fair, he skates instead of running, and he flies a la Generations when he boosts, but that's about it.

Ughhhhh, Shadow still has the blue particle effects like the rest of the characters. Wish they could bother to change those, bugs the hell out of me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just love how grumpy he looks. Especially when he's doing the air tricks, he's all ">:C!!" while his body's all ":D!!"

Once more backing the change of the aura from blue to the character's color. It really is a bit of an irritant; if they can reskin the whole character so easily why not the effects?

Do this for me, Hardlight, and I shall (most likely) buy your 1 free revive per run thing.

Then I can run ten meters, die, repeat, until I have 1000 revives and go on the most glorious run in the history of man without hacks like most of the top scores.

Uh.. I'm thinking the free revive does NOT work that way. It would just make the first revive free.

Uh.. I'm thinking the free revive does NOT work that way. It would just make the first revive free.

Booo!

Guess it's still awesome either way.

...I wonder if that means the next revive costs one revive or two?

Pardon the double post. From the official Sonic FB page:

644174_10151741813382418_1806874909_n.jp

"Congratulations, the first ever global challenge has been completed in time! Shadow the Hedgehog is now unlocked for everyone who took part. If you missed out, he’s now available from the in game store! http://bit.ly/YIXkqq"

The multiplier's at only x7 on the official Sonic FB page? Shows how much SEGA likes playing it.

I'm guessing the "took part" thing is if you played during the last few weeks. So the predictions that Hardlight would find some way to make moolah from this are right. :P

I took part in the Global Challenge for like five minutes total and I still get Shadow free.

Yay for putting in the bare minimum of effort.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I hope Shadow's running animation actually has him skating, instead of just copying Sonic's airplane-arm run....

Everyone's run animation is different. Once he gets up to speed, he shifts into a skate. S'pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although the aura is sill ie and to me his skating speed doesn't look right with the ground speed, it's off putting :/

Well now I don't really have a reason to play dash again :P

I took part in the Global Challenge for like five minutes total and I still get Shadow free.

Yay for putting in the bare minimum of effort.

Tragedy of the commons is a beautiful thing. :P

Man, I hope Shadow's running animation actually has him skating, instead of just copying Sonic's airplane-arm run....

What Nepenthe said. At least Hardlight puts effort into the animations.

There's no flames coming from the skates though.

Although the aura is sill ie and to me his skating speed doesn't look right with the ground speed, it's off putting :/

Well now I don't really have a reason to play dash again tongue.png

Or do you?

The message says to look out for more global challenges in the future...

I'm presuming future challenges will be for Metal Sonic or Silver.

...or maybe Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm presuming future challenges will be for Metal Sonic or Silver.

...or maybe Eggman?

Man, don't get me hopes up. I already fret over the lack of Android availability as is... sad.png

Man, don't get me hopes up. I already fret over the lack of Android availability as is... sad.png

There's also that. I know they say Android's on a wide variety of platforms... but why not start out with the most popular platform at least?

I still hate hate HATE Amy's running animation... it's so piss stupid, like she's going "la le la le la". Really, I'd expect something similar to Sonic's out of her.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still hate hate HATE Amy's running animation... it's so piss stupid, like she's going "la le la le la". Really, I'd expect something similar to Sonic's out of her.

I think it might be a selling move.

I showed my friend it, and he said he wanted to unlock her just because her animation cracks him up.

But yes in all seriousness they could do some work on the animations.

The shame is for that the bulk of the players, Hardlight can legitimately say "what's the incentive?" Were we talking money, they'd listen in a heartbeat, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else get the glitch where mid jump Sonic's ball renderer and Sonic himself running are visible at the same time? Was quite hilarious and proves the jump isn't part of Sonic's animations, and is literally a ball that appears and disappears.

Anyone else get the glitch where mid jump Sonic's ball renderer and Sonic himself running are visible at the same time? Was quite hilarious and proves the jump isn't part of Sonic's animations, and is literally a ball that appears and disappears.

hahaha, yes, yes I have.

Never thought about it from a design perspective but I guess you're right!

If the balls are separate, maybe the boost is too... might explain why they're taking so long on changing the colors as they'd have to put a new one for each character.