Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Anyone else get the glitch where mid jump Sonic's ball renderer and Sonic himself running are visible at the same time? Was quite hilarious and proves the jump isn't part of Sonic's animations, and is literally a ball that appears and disappears.

Yes, I lold so hard when it first happened.

This game is actually pretty fun and addictive lol I have yet to spend any money on it. (Don't plan to) It has sweet graphics too.

On it being free, I'm still peeved that there was no reward whatsoever for the people who purchased it in the first week or so where it was two dollars. It feels like a slap in the face, personally, and like they'll try to weasel their way out of it by saying it was "to show our support."

I have no issues with giving them some money (purchased the Red Ring bundle to unlock the other three characters and the double ring bonus; considering the free revive bonus), but giving money when I could have easily gotten it for free in a timely manner upsets me slightly.

• Thumbs Up 1

So ever since the last update, I can't access the game on my IPod touch 4th gen. Even when I disconnect my iPod to the Internet. It just kicks me back to the menu screen. Fantastic.

A buggy update? This doesn't bode well...

I myself notice slowdown happens more frequently with the recent updates but probably just my end.

Speaking of speed... man, the iPhone version is so much more intense. The smaller screen makes everything go by so much faster; it's a lot more difficult to get a long distance on my phone for me. I guess it compensates for the fact phones are a better medium for the game given their portability.

Check the App Store, I've had that happen to me when a game stops being supported by that device, I'm sure it is supported but it wouldn't hurt to check :/

Otherwise you can (I'm afraid) delete and reinstall, although that isn't a garuntee. Possibly the update made it so there is too much space on the device?

I'm just listing things now so I'll stop

Pretty neat trivia overall Bender! I'm curious how much the longest single runner ramped up, myself... Shame they don't have that statistic handy!

I'm getting messages saying Blaze has just been added in an update?

Anyone confirm this? I don't have a device that can run the game?

I'm getting messages saying Blaze has just been added in an update?

Anyone confirm this? I don't have a device that can run the game?

I can't see anything about Blaze...

Ah well tat's just her textures (and her model will be in there too) so that she's ready and waiting to be unlocked through some hidden mechanic or in the next update. It's the same thing that happened with Shadow and all of the extra characters in Jump.

Some people probably already have her, given the hacking penchant that is obvious from the highest scores of all time.

I'd be more interested in Silver, myself. But that's just my personal preference.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I can't say I'm massively interested in any characters so long as they all play 100% identically, and have crummy animations. It looks like Shadow breaks his legs with every step he takes, and I don't even know what Amy's supposed to be doing.

I don't think we'll ever get unique animations, but we can always hope...

Ultimately I think these skins are meant to appeal to the "my favorite character is in this game, I should buy it" part of the fandom.

^

True, at least they CAN play as someone different in this game!

Really goes to show SEGA isn't completely inept at marketing. They know their base is so broken a sizable amount of people prefer other characters to Sonic himself. Things like this, the Colors DS release, etc. all cash in on that very, very well...

It really is a delicate situation, but I think the small cast in main titles and large cast in side titles approach actually has merit.

New Sonic Dash Update 1.5.0

Daily Spin
Test your luck with the new Daily Spin. Visit every day for a free spin and win all-new boosters and jackpot prizes including ring bundles and playable characters. Feeling lucky? Then spin again with Red Star Rings.

Boosters
Equip new boosters before each run to give your score a massive boost. There are 5 different boosters available and up to three can be equipped per run. Visit every day to get more Boosters in the Daily Spin and Daily Challenge or spend those well-earned Rings.

5 different boosters are available
• Spring Bonus
Hitting a spring gives a score bonus that increases with every successive spring reached – reach the next spring and watch your score soar!

• Enemy Combo
Get smashing enemies for more points. Enemy Combo gives a bonus for every Enemy Combo achieved.

• Ring Streak
Collect all the Rings in a sequence to get an additional score bonus.

• Final Score Bonus
The final score gets a large bonus at the end of a run.

• Golden Badnik
Defeat special golden Badniks for a massive score bonus.

Facebook Invites
You can now invite your Facebook friends to play Sonic Dash, can they beat your top score?

Performance improvements across all devices and bug fixes.

UPDATE: 

add new characters Cream, Rouge and Silver

http://www.sonic-scene.ru/eng/?p=909

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heh, awesome stuff right there. I'm updating now.

EDIT: Wow, so uh, these boosters will skyrocket your score. You have 3 of each booster to start with, and have to either win more on the daily spin... or buy them. So now microtransactions add more of an advantage to your score.

This update has also got the game running smoothly with the water surface detail rendered correctly for the first time on my iPhone 4. It's rather nice to play now.

Edited by Blue Blood

Oh my, this update is impressive (running an iPhone 5 here)! They've improved the frame rate to absolute perfection. I mean that literally; it truly runs perfectly now.

They've added more detail to the stages, and the characters too. Shadow now has fire coming out of his shoes now. They've made Tails lean a bit forward when boosting with his Tails propelling him instead of using Sonic's boost pose. Knuckles is more or less the same. Amy is still the same with the panty flashs and the awkward running. Everyone seems to have received a texture update.

Overall this was a pretty epic update!

I'm hopefully getting an iPad Mini soon, so could anyone tell me how well the game runs on it?

Thanks 

Suddenly I have reason to play the game again, yay!

That Blaze wasn't included seems to confirm she will indeed be a Global Challenge at a later date.

...Cream and Rouge? They still exist? Good to see Hardlight's really drawing on all the characters... they're cashing in on the Sonic fanbase's most distinctive feature, clearly.

I guess I'll need to find time today to try out all the Boosters and test them out... welp, this should be fun for my wallet.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I was testing this new update, and had some boosters on, and boy do they boost...

My last highest score was 1, 269, 473. And now it's 3, 865, 573... So, they do help a little...

As for the rest, the water is indeed nicer, and the Daily Spin is a nice gimmick, until you need to use red rings, and then until you have to search or buy them... But still good to get the boosters.

And Cream, Rouge and Silver? Huh, didn't see that one coming...

I had expected Silver since he's a go-to character when they need an extra (if you look at the characters for Sonic Athletics, they oddly seem to match up more or less to the order SEGA considers characters in importance), but Cream and Rouge are genuinely surprising. I was pretty sure they had all but ceased to exist at this point.

...that Athletics comparison in mind. Shall we ever get Metal Sonic?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice