Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I was perplexed they weren't on the list either...

So they fixed Shadow's skates... but not the blue aura still.

My best friend sent me 2 million, for once actually beating my high score, but solely because he made use of boosters. Responded with 2.5 million. He shall always be my inferior.

Also holy shit graphics. I'm finding it hard to keep up with the game now; it looks so vibrant and colorful and like, HD or something. I feel like I'm playing Lost World Lite here or something!

Graphics on iPhone 4 still suck. I'll continue to play on my iPad.

Why is everyone so bothered by the blue auras? Am I the only one who thinks of it as like, wind or something? 

Friend teasing me because I had to revive myself 4 times to beat his score. For one: anything for victory. For two: the new graphics really screw with my eyes. I'm going to take a while to adjust to them.

Why is everyone so bothered by the blue auras? Am I the only one who thinks of it as like, wind or something?

It's a leftover from the Sonic model, and with all the wonderful additions they've made so far to each character, it seems strange they haven't fixed the aura yet.

"Starring Jiffy the Hedgehog, Mile Tail Prow, Graykles the Enchidido, Am Ross, and Super Saiyan Bubsy!"

I also love how it's not "Jiffy Dash" or something like that, but just "A Hedgehog Dash." Y'know, THAT hedgehog. tongue.png

Having problems or want to leave us some feedback? We would love to hear from you! You can shoot us an email at Support@yololabs.com.

... Well, this is rather peculiar.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I'm actually tempted to download it out of morbid curiosity, just to see how bad it is. XD;

The logo is a rip off of Dash, but the gameplay is 2D. It's a multiplayer autorunner that's a massive ripoff of Sonic in general. It's the sort of thing that shouldn't be legal, and hopefully be pulled from the App Store.

Hey, does Dash return to day 1 of the daily challenge after the 5th day for you guys?

It does for me, and I can't tell if it's meant to do that.

R4kk2g6.jpg

This is utterly hilarious...and a bit sad.

I don't see the resemblance! I have brown fur and am a lot faster than Sonic.

Okay how the hell did that get past the copyright radar?

This strikes me as a "not sure if trolling" moment, but at the same time I'm curious if it's some Chinese-esque knockoff of the franchise.

I don't see the resemblance! I have brown fur and am a lot faster than Sonic.

I guess you are the one who created this game.

This game isn't exactly a ripoff of Sonic (I haven't seen any game that is the same as this) but it's a ripoff of Tiny Wings and it's laughable. The names, the characters are almost recolors, the icon is the same as Dash only Sonic is replaced by "Jiffy"

With the same green hill assets you used Sega can easily request this game down.  

Edited by Skitman

Retro have done a video review of Sonic Dash A Hedgehog Dash. tongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=&v=Rz422lPKLYIcry.

It made Aaron Webber cry.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine
  • Thumbs Up 7

I am incredibly amused they didn't even bother to put a single word in; they just let you watch the footage and come to your own conclusions. That physics engine... oh dear God why? This doesn't look fun in the slightest and just looks like something you play if you want to pretend you're on a rollercoaster but can't afford the ticket to the theme park. And then decide to go sledding down the stairs in the hope it'll be the same experience.

What an absolutely abhorrent piece of garbage. I hope SEGA sues them so hard their wallet turns inside out.

What an absolutely abhorrent piece of garbage. I hope SEGA sues them so hard their wallet turns inside out.

This piece of crap was made by a non-existent company as a blatant parody. The game may or may not be taken down from the App Store, but that's the most that'll happen. SEGA won't bother suing for a pittance.

I suppose that makes sense. I personally was assuming it was some knockoff akin to the ones you often see being put out in the People's Republic of China, but I'm glad to hear it's a parody for the sake of parody. I almost want it to stay around now for that reason alone... Poe's Law in effect I guess.

I'm late, but that is a blatant copy, how is that allowed on the app store?

I'm guessing Apple's "review" policy is much like Youtube's copyright policy: Don't Ask; Don't Tell. Youtube allows so much copyrighted stuff onto its site and even lets you monetise them (once in a blue moon you'll be rejected and asked for proof of a commercial license). Things only get taken down if reported by someone, but otherwise infringement, piracy, etc. are essentially kosher there. And why wouldn't they be? Youtube's profiting either way.

I'm guessing the App Store is no different... until some sort of claim is filed, copyright isn't going to be respected. A logical move if you want to cut costs, since it saves enormously on staff required to manage it all; you need far fewer people to review what's reported versus reviewing everything that's submitted.

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's about time!

It's good they finally ported it... it sounds like Android is a considerably large market and they were missing out on a ton of stuff.

However, the Android users can take consolation in one thing: whereas iOS users essentially got a glorified beta with all the constant changes being made, they get a version that is more or less beautiful and much more closer to perfection. So it balances out! Android users weren't so much deprived of the game, so much as they weren't beta testing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome! Been waiting for this announcement! Can't wait to finally give it a try! (Already unlocked everything currently available in Jump.)