Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Awesome! Been waiting for this announcement! Can't wait to finally give it a try! (Already unlocked everything currently available in Jump.)

The best part is that you have a well of experienced iOS users to draw upon for tips and such... you'll be spared the agony of the learning curve, presumably!

If you have a few dollars to spare, that double rings bonus is a life saver. It costs 315,000 rings to unlock all the upgrades, so it is incredibly handy in the amount of time saved.

Original character do not steal: the game

Hahah yeah, those were my thoughts as well... it really does how absolutely lax review processes are these days. It sounds like it might have been entirely for the sake of parody rather than be a genuinely malicious act (Poe's Law and all), but I'm wondering how long it will take until SEGA takes it down.

Just got my iPad mini yesterday, and I've benn playing the hell out of this game! My current high scores is 214,858, though I'll probably beat that soon. My Game Center ID is Wil348 if anyone would like to add me.

The game got updated to 50 maybe 60 fps, it was like playing generations on my dad's pc, silky smooth, quick, etc. Oh and boosters were added.

So I'm having a bit of a problem with a mission; It says that I have to score 500,000 points in one run, but when I get to 500,000 points, the mission doesn't complete. In fact it says that I'm only half way there. Really frustrating....

So I'm having a bit of a problem with a mission; It says that I have to score 500,000 points in one run, but when I get to 500,000 points, the mission doesn't complete. In fact it says that I'm only half way there. Really frustrating....

Are you using boosters?

I'm getting this odd feeling that the booster bonuses don't count towards the total thanks to a bug... knowing Hardlight and all!

Seems like a new update for Sonic Dash has just come out, finally adding an all-new level:

...Seaside Hill?

What's New in Version 1.6.0

*** To avoid losing game progress, you must update to the latest version of Sonic Dash (1.6.0) before upgrading to iOS 7 ***

Take to the beach in the NEW Sonic Dash update!

BEACH LEVEL
Race along a brand new area of Seaside Hill – the beach! Filled with all new hazards and obstacles, dash along sandy dunes and rickety old piers before darting underwater through submerged, winding tubes.

iCLOUD SUPPORT
The game now supports iCloud so you can play across multiple devices. Progress is automatically uploaded to iCloud and play can resume on another device.

GLOBAL CHALLENGE
Another Global Challenge is on its way and this time it is all about the score! You'll need to score big, contributing to a personal goal as well as a community goal to win boosters and a new mystery character!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sonic-dash/id582654048?mt=8

Edited by LukA8

What a great update. Gotta get back playing this

-tries to load it up on iPod Touch 4th Gen, but fails loading-

:c it worked before

Try.

SEGA's thought processes when designing that new level:

"We heard you like Seaside Hill so we put more Seaside Hill in your Seaside Hill so you can Seaside Hill while you Seaside Hill"

...in other news, still no word of this hitting Android devices yet?

I like the "mystery character" thing as if we can't guess already.

Probably Blaze but let's see how much the fandom will work this time around with not knowing who the character is... lord knows the devotion for Shadow was incredible.

Time to try out zee new update!

I guess they thought it would look strange if the springs just transported Sonic from Seaside Hill to Mystic Mansion (would be damn awesome, though). The description sounds pretty cool, reminds me a lot of Seaside Hill as it appeared in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with the underwater tube.

For anyone who has an iOS device, is there a new music track accompanying the beach area? They haven't used Sea Gate yet lol

Edited by LukA8

If anything I wanna see Egg Fleet or a Sky Sanctuary themed one. Haven't been underwater yet though :/

Nah, no new music. It's one track, a mash-up of Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace, that plays constantly. The beach area is nice tho'. It's got sandy banks and board-walks all in the same place. Not seen the underwater bit yet.

EDIT: Scratch that. Underwater pics incoming. It's like Ocean Ruin in ASR.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

oh no i just finally stopped playing this game its too addicting(although thats what happens if you havent played video games in a year). Let me know when the global challenge starts so i can update guys

...in other news, still no word of this hitting Android devices yet?

Doesn't look like it, and the Hype Train has pulled out of the station, well on it's way to the Lost World stop.

To go underwater you've got to find an automated path in the beach area.

a4nv.pngx458.png

If someone's got an iPhone 5, I'd love to see what it looks like on there since the game has far worse graphics on the iPhone 4 like I've got. Press the home and power buttons together to take a screenshot.

Edited by Blue Blood

So that's how you get underwater... the more you know.

Beach area was neat but it's hard to tell where the boundaries are due to lack of fences. At least for me.

They changed the trick animations a bit; besides having four swipes instead of three their overall expression is different. Shadow looks stiffer than before, though.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

To go underwater you've got to find an automated path in the beach area.

a4nv.pngx458.png

If someone's got an iPhone 5, I'd love to see what it looks like on there since the game has far worse graphics on the iPhone 4 like I've got. Press the home and power buttons together to take a screenshot.

OL1JZ.jpg

is this okay? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hahaha! The beach is totally barren on the iPhone 4 by comparison. Thanks for the pic. What's it like underwater?