Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Oh right, I forgot about this challenge. The chance of us not getting Blaze is next to none, even if we fail the challenge. HardLight will put her in the game one way or another.

EDIT: Just looked at the game. Surely something's gone wrong? The first bar of global progress is only a quarter to a third full!

Edited by Blue Blood

My guess is that not many people know about it? The Shadow one had a huge push on twitter and Facebook, unless you play it fairly regularly, or are told about it it'd be easy to miss. It's a shame, I'd love to play as Blaze and I've filled my personal progress bar on the first day!

also doesn't help that runs you do not connected to the Internet don't count, unlike shadows one where the distance added next time you went online, so all those points accumulated during a commute are useless!

My guess is that not many people know about it? The Shadow one had a huge push on twitter and Facebook, unless you play it fairly regularly, or are told about it it'd be easy to miss. It's a shame, I'd love to play as Blaze and I've filled my personal progress bar on the first day!

also doesn't help that runs you do not connected to the Internet don't count, unlike shadows one where the distance added next time you went online, so all those points accumulated during a commute are useless!

I don't think the issue is not knowing. The very day that the challenge went live, the global progress was almost as much as it is now. I'm wondering is there's a technical hitch somewhere.

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I think it might be she just isn't as popular as Shadow. If that old poll is still valid at all (SEGA really should host a new one, preferably not Japan-exclusive), she isn't even in the top five (whereas Shadow is number two).

I mean, that likely explains my lack of interest in the topic; I just can't really motivate myself to play this challenge.

That said who knows, with Hardlight technical issues are not strangers so it very well could be there's some difficulties.

On the ads subject - I forget if I get them on my Ipad, which is the version I paid for. I'll need to check it out.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I paid for the iPod version and I have ads :/

but blue blood is right, it went up about 1/3-1/4 on the first day, surely those who want Blaze (like me) would have gotten at least up to near the end of the second goal if they played as much on these past days (like me). Although the fact score isn't counted if you aren't connected to the Internet could be a real off off for some people if they use it on public transport

How old is that poll

It was on Sonic channel back in 2005 or 2006 I think. It included every playable character the series had ever seen, including characters like Bean and Bark who are of little relevance nowadays.

JaXn0Sa.png

Yeah... hardly anyone's trying. I've been trying all yesterday and today to actually push it up myself, but alas...

I've been going for the last few days, surely we MUST have more than half?

the only thing I can think is that people are assuming its 10 days to unlock the next portion rather than the whole thing?

What completely killed my interest in this challenged one was two-fold: Attaching her to personal progress alongside worldwide progress seemed a little iffy, because your contribution to the world total could potentially be undermined by simply not finishing your own personal goals. Compound on top of that the fact that we only had like, what, a week? Wasn't feeling it.

JaXn0Sa.png

Yeah... hardly anyone's trying. I've been trying all yesterday and today to actually push it up myself, but alas...

I don't even see this on my game? That missions one is usually greyed out and unselectable as well. If I knew what any of this was talking about then mayby I would contribute to it if I could.

I don't even see this on my game? That missions one is usually greyed out and unselectable as well. If I knew what any of this was talking about then mayby I would contribute to it if I could.

A stable Internet connection is required for the Global Challenge. Is your iOS system connected to the Internet?

A stable Internet connection is required for the Global Challenge. Is your iOS system connected to the Internet?

I can use the browser on my phone, so I assume it is connected to the internet. My internet isn't 100% stable, but it is close. You can't expect perfect with satalite internet.

Still wish I could figure out why I can't do the global stuff when I'm sure my phone has internet. Is there some option I don't know about out there?

What phone do you have with what version of iOS installed?

Make sure you're connected to WiFi appropriately under Settings>General. Make sure to be logged into GameCenter just for shits and giggles. 

From the main title, select REWARDS. MISSIONS is greyed out because that's where the REWARDS section takes you to. As in, you're already on the MISSIONS and can see a list of what's there. Then just select GLOBAL. 

Also make sure your device and applications are up to date under App Store.

Do you need to be logged into Facebook to do this? I have one but I never use it and don't want to be spammed or anything if I sign into that thing again one day.

I'm pretty sure I can connect to wifi because I can use the browser and it usually says welcome back from the gamecenter thing when I press the app's button.

Do you need to be logged into Facebook to do this? I have one but I never use it and don't want to be spammed or anything if I sign into that thing again one day.

Nope. I'm not signed into Facebook (I don't even have one) and I'm doing the Global Challenge just fine. I've no clue why it's not working for you. Edited by Sky The Destroyer

I'm pretty sure I can connect to wifi because I can use the browser and it usually says welcome back from the gamecenter thing when I press the app's button.

Worth noting that you need to be on iOS 7 to participate in the challenge, by the way. Go into Settings, then General, then Software Update to see if you need to update.

Edited by Super Boost

hey guys, is it me, or they added 2 extra days for the global challenge?? this morning it was "one day left" and now it is "3 days left"...

hey guys, is it me, or they added 2 extra days for the global challenge?? this morning it was "one day left" and now it is "3 days left"...

Heh, same here. Guess it just shows Hardlight's definitely gonna put her in the game one way or another.

Ahah, I noticed that and mentioned it on Twitter this morning... xD