Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Other then the really derpy render (Seriously SEGA that's the worst you've done so far with the mouth) I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it'll have multiple playable characters, good music and a great artstyle like Sonic Jump did. But I'm not getting super hyped, it's not a main console game or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you even know what lipstick looks like? That don't look like lipstick at all.

Well, nobody's mouth is black. So either it's lipstick or what Komodin said, "Sonic must have some nasty gingivitis."

In the end, it's all about how the game plays. The render has very little affect on the gameplay.

And if that's the inside of his mouth then that means his jaw is dropping which looks ugly.

But yeah, we should speculate about the game, not just one render.

In the end, it's all about how the game plays. The render has very little affect on the gameplay.

As I'm pretty sure everyone agrees, but some people don't seem to understand that we might like to talk about things that ultimately don't matter. Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

As I'm pretty sure everyone agrees, but some people don't seem to understand that we might like to talk about things that ultimately don't matter.

Yes, it just happens that we are perfectionists.

And Sonic has had ugly mouths since the Adventure Era.

edCRh.png

Yes, Sonic somethin' is bugging me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Let's face it guys, Sonic looks like shit regardless. biggrin.png

No, just his mouth.

No, just his mouth.

Nah, you guys just nitpick bout tiny shit, but ignore the biggest flaws, quite weird I must say. And yes Sonic has always looked lame, no matter what pose he's in.

Edited by Noel v2
  • Thumbs Up 1

SEGA Blog officially posted about it, most interesting bit: 

Our hero will be doing what he does best — making a fast and frenzied 3D dash through stunning stages, as he navigates over, around, and through interminable dangers. Challenge your friends and compete on leaderboards — you may know who the fastest is, but, for how long?

The game might be fully rendered 3D and not simply a 2D sidescroller? Or perhaps fully 3D, but 2D a la Sonic 4? Or perhaps behind the back like Temple Run and the storybook titles?

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/03/04/announcing-sonic-dash-can-you-run-forever/

Edited by Barry the Nomad

What the fuck is Sonic?

Yeah, I don't really like the mouth either. And duh! Fans always gotta find something to talk about especially all they have is a new game announcement and one render.

Edited by ArtFenix

SEGA Blog officially posted about it, most interesting bit: 

The game might be fully rendered 3D and not simply a 2D sidescroller? Or perhaps fully 3D, but 2D a la Sonic 4? Or perhaps behind the back like Temple Run and the storybook titles?

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/03/04/announcing-sonic-dash-can-you-run-forever/

Already posted the press release, and nobody paid any attention tongue.png I'm pretty glad this game is going to be 3D, but no doubt it's also going to be a Temple Run clone. And SEGA won't be able to claim originality on this like they could when people said that Sonic Jump was a Doodle Jump clone.

Every game either has Green Hill, a repaint of Green Hill, or a repaint of a repaint of Green Hill. This is just the usual course I guess.

Arms are the weird part for me. I know it's a natural extension of the arms behind himself pose but uhh... looks just odd.

I've always found it neat how Sonic and Shadow's shoes have blemishes on them in the higher rendered models. Shadow's often look rusted in parts, and Sonic's shoes got some nasty dark spots there.

Nah, you guys just nitpick bout tiny shit, but ignore the biggest flaws, quite weird I must say. And yes Sonic has always looked lame, no matter what pose he's in.

I don't think my 8-9 year old self would have became a Sonic fanboy that morphed into the distinguished fan he is today if he thought Sonic looked lame, :P.

Sonic can and does looks cool when they do it right, it's just a lot of the time with these renders they always find someway of messing it up.

SANICDASH.pngDear Iizuka, 

I fixed your Sonic.

Who is this Uekawa guy anyway?

I'll be waiting for your call

Ta
Kieran

(Other than weird art, I'm looking forward to this!)

Damn, now I look at that I realise how poor the render is. ;o;

Well, nobody's mouth is black. So either it's lipstick or what Komodin said, "Sonic must have some nasty gingivitis."

You're talking like we've never seen black on Sonic's mouth before (like Artfenix's video in his signature for example. Sonic has it there too).

It's a runner on a touchscreen device that's in 3D and based in Seaside Hill? Could they be reviving the DS tech demo?

• Thumbs Up 3

So no Android version?

1244451-sonic_facepalm_super.jpg

Ah, well... *puts wallet away*

There probably will be, just at a later date like with Jump.

Android comes second typically because iOS is easier to develop for thanks to Apple locking down a small amount of devices that use the operating system. Android, meanwhile, is for a variety of devices so it takes longer to optimize the game so that it can play on as many devices as possible.

I would have thought that we'd be used to this by now. SEGA has almost always released to iOS, followed by the Android version.

• Thumbs Up 4

If when you say "we" you refer to me, well I just got my tablet in December. I've never owned a device with iOS or Android before... so I apologise if my post seems flippant, I was hoping it would make light of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

If when you say "we" you refer to me, well I just got my tablet in December. I've never owned a device with iOS or Android before... so I apologise if my post seems flippant, I was hoping it would make light of the situation.

No man, not just you. I saw that comment a ton on Facebook and on the SEGA Blog post today. It always is said in the comments sections when an iOS SEGA game is announced. 

Well this is exciting! I'm not surprised to see Seaside Hill again since its basically a more interesting version of Green Hill (don't shoot). I just hope that we get plenty of Ocean Palace's ruins mixed in with the stage. I wonder if Seaside Hill will be the only zone though or if the game will take us to other locations like Sonic Jump did.

Apparently SEGA is set to introduce two new characters in Sonic Dash: Salt the Tiger and Pepper the Skunk. Players will play as Sonic and take on the new characters in two special challenge modes "A Dash of Pepper" and "A Dash of Salt". Apparently McCormick (the spice company) will sponsor the game and they have even designed special McCormick Brand Dash Shoes for Sonic. 

I'm kidding of course. But who knows...

• Thumbs Up 1