Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I nominate Metal Sonic. We don't have a single playable villain. Shadow and Rouge don't count.

He'll more likely be another boss in the game then playable.

We need to have Big in though. Just imagine playing as Big in this game. Hoooooo boy...

It'd be funny to see a spinoff game called Big Dash. 

"Race across Station Square as SEGA superstar Big the Cat! The chase for Froggy is on in this thrilling adventure! Smash, crash, and bash cars out of the way as you run at high velocity speeds!"

VJs8yqO.png

But that's never gonna happen. laugh.png Still, I hope to see Big as a playable character in this.

• Thumbs Up 3

So i've been doing the daily challenge, according to my calculations it takes 50 eggs (or thereabouts) to hit one goal, therefore the minimum amount of eggs needed by each player is 200. thats just for the personal goals though, it really is a shame that anything you collect extra wont go straight to the next goal if you beat the global progress,

Metal Sonic may actually be more likely than we think, remember that Joypolis game "Sonic Athletics"?

Well, the characters were Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic.

That's all of the characters that are in Dash at the moment (besides Rouge, and soon Cream). Since they already have a good model of Metal Sonic that was made for running, maybe Metal Sonic will be in Dash after all.

I could see Metal being more like Rouge and hovering above the ground. However if they do not put the Maximum Overdrive attack as his dash I will sue

Metal Sonic may actually be more likely than we think, remember that Joypolis game "Sonic Athletics"?

Well, the characters were Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic.

That's all of the characters that are in Dash at the moment (besides Rouge, and soon Cream). Since they already have a good model of Metal Sonic that was made for running, maybe Metal Sonic will be in Dash after all.

Clutching straws. Besides like you basically said that's not all Dash characters.

And the models of that game will be different to the ones in Dash.

I'm not saying Metal Sonic can't be playable, but since he is the next recognisable boss after Eggman, don't be surprised if he is the next boss.

...or doesn't turn up in Dash at all. Funny thing is, I'll put Vector, Espio and Charmy as next candidate playable characters ahead of Metal Sonic.

I doubt Metal Sonic would be playable in a game where one of the bosses is...well, his boss. I know he turned on Eggman in Sonic Heroes, but every other game has made him a lot more loyal.

Also, am I the only person who thinks Fang the Sniper would be perfect as a boss in this game? I know it's unlikely since only the fanbase seems to care about him, but you have to admit that it would be really cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, so I'm pretty sure not many people on here play Sonic Dash S, but it received an update that has some notable changes. First thing off the bat, is this:

qUFMyiQ.png

This image seems to have some new render of Tails, not much else to say. However, this is where things get interesting.

TGPKYXH.png

There seems to be some sort of "campaign" mode. I'm not sure exactly what the campaign is, as by tapping the info button, it just has game updates with very confusing wording. I assume it's just an even log for the special events they have such as the "Treasure Island" quest they have going on now. But aside that, there are now little poker chips scattered throughout the area that spell out BONUS. When you get them all, you get a bonus. Not sure what the bonus is, though. Haven't spent enough time yet to actually get all the poker chips. They seem to appear once per run for me.

And speaking of running, the main game has been altered a bit. For one, the framerate is a lot smoother. Not sure if it's at 60FPS but it is a lot smoother than before. Also, the trick system is now gone and the stages have a day to night transition. In addition to that, the area seems to change only during the start of your run, and the monitors have trap or loop signs with the occasional bank, as opposed to Vanilla Dash where the choices are a question mark, a new area, or bank. See for yourselves.

WNiAZxb.png

And as you've noticed, there appear to be little circles indicating hazards in the stage. The game doesn't explain what they do but I assume they just show you what to look out for. As you can see, now that I have rings, I'm safe against bombs, spikes and badniks. However, I have to watch out for pits and totem poles which I assume turn green when you have Tails or a shield respectively.

So far that's all I've noticed as far as changes go. I personally like them. It's like this version is slowly becoming it's own different game as opposed to a watered down version of Vanilla Dash. 

I want this Dash instead of the one we have. Would it be that hard for SEGA to re-release the game or make a major update to it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, dat night time Seaside Hill. It's so beautiful. I wish Vanilla Dash would incorporate the day to night system.

UkkRiSS.png

Edit: Have a Seaside Hill at dawn

J36fxje.png

Edited by SwiftWinds
  • Thumbs Up 7

The global challenge is over, Cream is unlocked!

Strange, the eggs are still appearing in game.

Oh well. I'll just get her with my red rings

• Thumbs Up 1

I got to play Sonic Dash S. Regular Dash is way too lame.

And I just realize that it's not in the app store for United States. DAMN IT.

I actually really couldn't be bothered this time. No idea why... maybe because I'm not much of a Cream fan and the model looks really odd. :s I think it's her ears...

• Thumbs Up 2

I was on halfway through the challenge...then gave up.

Have 200 red rings in the bank. Need to spend them someway.

Played Dash S. Still 30FPS!!! Sonic runs slow compared to vanilla because of this :/ however Seaside Hill is BEAUTIFUL at night! Swiftwinds isn't joking! If only this is 60FPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Dash S. Still 30FPS!!! Sonic runs slow compared to vanilla because of this :/ however Seaside Hill is BEAUTIFUL at night! Swiftwinds isn't joking! If only this is 60FPS...

Still 30FPS? Strange. Well it is running smoother than before for me. When it first got released I was getting horrid 15-20FPS and now I get a generally stable framerate. It's only when I get to stage 10 or so when the game starts lagging a lot. I think it has to do with the speed thing. As you mentioned, Sonic starts off running slow, but he does get faster the more you progress. 

Still 30FPS? Strange. Well it is running smoother than before for me. When it first got released I was getting horrid 15-20FPS and now I get a generally stable framerate. It's only when I get to stage 10 or so when the game starts lagging a lot. I think it has to do with the speed thing. As you mentioned, Sonic starts off running slow, but he does get faster the more you progress. 

Maybe it was 20FPS before, now it's 30. But all I know is, it's not running 60FPS. But I'm running the iOS version, you are running the Android version maybe there's a difference. Oh and I forgot about Sonic speeding up everytime you finish a section. DX

I like how now you can randomly start at either the grass area, the beach or the ruins. It gives that surprise feel that lacks in Vanilla Dash.

Dash S has improved a lot, and I will turn my head towards it (fully) when it's 60FPS (although I do hate to unlock Amy again through the longest of ways)

Dash S has improved a lot, and I will turn my head towards it (fully) when it's 60FPS (although I do hate to unlock Amy again through the longest of ways)

I honestly think it will never get to 60FPS. Sonic Dash S is a very "light" game. The textures, models, effects are all lower quality and I think it's to ensure compatibility with most devices. The original Sonic Dash can be too demanding at times. I've tried the game on several different Android tablets both from people I know and from in-store demos and the game never reaches anywhere near 60FPS. The only time I've seen it run smoothly is on an iOS device, to be specific iPhone 5S and iPod Touch 5th Gen, from people I know. 

My sister has an iPod Touch 5th gen. It runs at a solid 30FPS because it has the A5 chip. iPad mini with Retina does run at 60FPS though. 5, 5c, 5s, iPad Air and Retina mini are probably the only ones that run 60FPS.

But I guess you're right. However strip off the chao upgrading, bonus stuff and the freaking fever (because I don't want to dash immediately once my gauge is full) then maybe it will good enough for the iOS devices. iPhone 4 is almost out of its way anyway and that's the only weak device on iOS 7.

Gosh, I just want the day and night thing!

EDIT: Vanilla Dash has 60FPS and boss battles, while Dash S is lacking these. Although I'm tired of Zazz and Eggman now...

Swift, what phone do you have?

I'm not playing it on a phone. It's running off Bluestacks, so it's not an actual Android device. With that said, because it's running of my PC specs, the performance isn't the best. But I can definitely see a difference in quality and FPS between Dash and Dash S. 

Anyone know how to use the power ups in the game?  I can't seem to find out where to use them.

Anyone know how to use the power ups in the game?  I can't seem to find out where to use them.

I'm pretty sure they're activated upon contact, bar the start up booster.  That one you have a small window at the beginning to use it, and you just touch the icon on the screen at the bottom.

So I unlocked Cream with the purchase of 75 red star rings. I like the way she runs. Cute. <3