Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Bump:

If you haven't unlocked Shadow yet, for a limited time only you can get him for free.

(But I assume everyone here has unlocked Shadow so this can be a pretty useless bump DX)

• Thumbs Up 2

How does one go about getting him for free?

Bump:

If you haven't unlocked Shadow yet, for a limited time only you can get him for free.

(But I assume everyone here has unlocked Shadow so this can be a pretty useless bump DX)

Nah, I haven't got him yet, actually--the Android version was released way after that initial Challenge and I'm stingy with my Red Rings. Thanks for the reminder, Ming. This promo is also available on Android, by the way.

Just load the game up. Shadow's available on the character select screen.

By going to the character store? Or by just loading up the game? I don't know, didn't bother to look as I already had Shadow.

Okay now that's pretty cool! I got him.

Huh.. doesn't work for me.

I guess that's because my Android can only install the game via an apk and not via the Android Store :/ so it doesn't update.

I guess that's because my Android can only install the game via an apk and not via the Android Store :/ so it doesn't update.

Hm, that's weird. What phone do you have? My brother's 2012 HTC One S can download the game from Google Play just fine.

Hm, that's weird. What phone do you have? My brother's 2012 HTC One S can download the game from Google Play just fine.

I have an HTC One Mini, it's kinda new so it might not be compatible yet, but Sonic Dash isn't on Google Play for this device :c

I have an HTC One Mini, it's kinda new so it might not be compatible yet, but Sonic Dash isn't on Google Play for this device :c

Me too, my Xperia M is still not officially supported by SEGA..

Yep, if you get a game via apk and not the play store or amazon store it won't auto update. You'll have to get an updated apk.

So I went through the game's files looking for the icon, and found...this.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/81p479r1ugo2u9j/mraid_test_video_page.html

I don't even know what this is. It seems to be well made, but where is it from? It's also super jittery, for some reason.

EDIT: It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sintel. Not sure why they have this in the game's files, though.

Edited by Speedster

iOS Update available - Cream the Rabbit achievements have been added.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know a good way to calculate meters ran during a playthrough? going for one of the Tails achievements and it'd be really helpful..

*edits* Ha.. just noticed that it shows the meter count periodically as I go along.. will keep an eye on it and see if there's a way to time it..

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Can't wait for the Sonic Channel artwork.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dammit SEGA, introducing yet another new character. I guess this franchise really is doomed.

Is it just me or is Andronic kinda, in strange sort of way, cute? I want a plushie or something.

Hopefully this means the Chaotix, Big and Omega are being considered : D

...I HOPE ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqJYsyL7nA

Haha this thing looks ridiculous

• Thumbs Up 3

As the front page mentioned, not sure if it's adorably derpy or kind of freaky.

I guess they wanted to make up for the delay in getting it ported to Android by giving them a unique character who probably is ready to ascend into memetic godhood.

Am i the only one who's a little disappointed that, when you unlock Andronic, you can't play as the basic Android anymore? I actually really like the android mascot, it's a shame he just dissapears, especially after they went to the effort of modelling him. Don't see why they couldn't have both characters still.

Sonic Dash has achieved over 65 million downloads.

This is detailed in a recent SEGA Networks presentation (page 14 on the above link).

"Already released in 10 European countries and the U.S. Surpassed cumulative 65 million DL and grew as a core title in Europe and the U.S. Continues to have over 1 million DAU" 

Well, it took me around 20 minutes but I unlocked Andronic and honestly, I find it hilarious. The way he runs and how the model has that derpy look on Sonic's face makes it really fun to play. He even has cute little spines on his back! That's adorable.

"Already released in 10 European countries and the U.S. Surpassed cumulative 65 million DL and grew as a core title in Europe and the U.S. Continues to have over 1 million DAU" 

Yeah... um, well I'm sure a number of those downloads weren't from people going into electronic stores and installing the game on every Android device and from people forcing their friends to download it. That'd be absurd! Ha.. ha.. *sweats nervously*

But hey that's good news. I bet SEGA got a nice wad of cash from the game from ad revenue alone. And I'm sure there is a small chunk of people that bought something within the game, adding to their profits.  

• 2 weeks later...

Basic Android was a far better option than Andronoc but -Dronic is just as good.

On second thought... Why is this thread still named with that other OS only?

On second thought... Why is this thread still named with that other OS only?

A fair point!

Though I suppose it doesn't really matter with how long it's been and the fact Dash probably is going to fade into obscurity with Jump Fever's release.

Overall though I think it's because this topic was made before it was released, so it was never really updated.