Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

The problem is while the APK has been going around, no one has included the app/obb data for the game, which explains the crashing.

But, I messaged one of my friends in Canada and got him to rip the APK as well as the app/obb data that's needed. I've uploaded it to my Google Drive for anyone who wants to give it a shot and put in a readme for anyone unfamiliar with side loading apps and manually installing their data on Android. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33yeu2wlrdrNVgxb1dqMThPN1E

Feel free to ask me for any help getting this running too. Remember though, it is just the first soft launch build, so there's bound to be compatability issues and bugs.

My two cents on the game is I actually kinda like it more than the original Sonic Dash. With the addition of the jump pads and such, it really kinda adds a new layer to the game. It's also neat having the special character abilities too! :)

Bless your Canadian friend. XD And sorry for providing a broken APK, you guys. Now time to see if this is decently fun.. 

With the addition of the jump pads and such

You sure they're not bounce pads?

• Thumbs Up 2

Boom makes much more sense on mobile than console. Still, I hate the "Rise of Lyric" look to this game.

Saying that the game looks similar to Rise of Lyric is technically incorrect, because this game actually has a consistent framerate. :P

just checked the game
oh my god

this game is filled with micros
upgrade everywhere
and not any just tiny upgrades , huge one

and there is something called spirits
you can add one to hang with you in the run
you can upgrade and evolve him
also fuse him with other spirits
there is 1 free slot and 2 other non free

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. Where to even begin?

First of all, the name. It just sounds so confusing that they call it Sonic Dash 2 even if it takes place on completely different universe. I get it, it's similar to Sonic Dash. But they should have called it Sonic Boom Dash or something like that. I am the only one who cares about stuff like this?

Secondly, two freemium games at same time? SEGA is getting desperate in order to get out money. SEGA, just make the next real Sonic game, release it on all platforms and I will buy it.

Thirdly, in addition to the fact that SEGA is making two games at so short time, FIX THE PREVIOUS GAME before you start bringing new one.

Fourthly, Sonic Boom again? Is Boom really more important that the true Sonic? And it's ironical that this game seems to be pretty much the same as speed sections in RoL. And that would really be funny if freemium game turns out to be better than your highly marketed 60€ console release.

Anyway, Sonic Dash was ok for freemium game. Runners is much better in gameplay standards but I will pick this up when it comes.

Thirdly, in addition to the fact that SEGA is making two games at so short time, FIX THE PREVIOUS GAME before you start bringing new one.

I believe Hardlight made this game, while Sonic Team made Runners.  So, there is not really any correlation between the two. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You sure they're not bounce pads?

After playing Rise of Lyric, I was determined to never hear the term "bounce pad" or "boost pad" ever again after hearing it over 9,000 times.

Well, time to call up Mike Pollock and see if he's grown a mustache, eaten his daily dose of evil ham, built an army of evil robots and see if he has any left over materials from the Time Eater he can use to destroy any "boost pads" or "bounce pads" from time! :D

behold

Hd3W3th.jpg

xCkVQPv.jpg

want to upgrade ?

GcRhaBW.jpg

want upgrade more ?

XA3dlId.jpg

you can get 3 partners with you

also , there something new , called spirits

you can have 1 slot for free and you have to pay for the other 2 slots

how to get them ? just wait

slBt2gh.jpg

oh, you got un wanted spirit one ? too bad

3O9usaU.jpg

wait more ...or pay

rYYAeyP.jpg

you can upgrade their level , and fuse them together to make strong one or new one

RKdsMYv.jpg

they follow you in the game , still don't know how to use them

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay let's see what this Sonic Boom Dash is all about. *starts game* Okay, catchy music.. *plays tutorial* Alright.. alright, an ok game so far. Feels a little cheap. Music is nice. Game's a bit laggy but oh well. Let's start our first ru- oh. 

SE3idxi.png

behold

Hd3W3th.jpg

xCkVQPv.jpg

want to upgrade ?

GcRhaBW.jpg

want upgrade more ?

XA3dlId.jpg

you can get 3 partners with you

also , there something new , called spirits

you can have 1 slot for free and you have to pay for the other 2 slots

how to get them ? just wait

slBt2gh.jpg

oh, you got un wanted spirit one ? too bad

3O9usaU.jpg

wait more ...or pay

rYYAeyP.jpg

you can upgrade their level , and fuse them together to make strong one or new one

RKdsMYv.jpg

they follow you in the game , still don't know how to use them

Saying that the game looks similar to Rise of Lyric is technically incorrect, because this game actually has a consistent framerate. :P

This looks like Sonic Dash's lazy brother who decided to just half ass everything it's older brother did and do more to rip people off.

I mean going off those screenshots alone, it looks like there's a life counter, the graphics look shit, which is something considering the original Dash looked really damn good. The gameplay looks virtually the same as the original, just with grinding and more money grubbing elements included, and it all looks so lazy.

Why not just do a special event and include the Boom cast in the original Sonic Dash? I mean, they had the time to create 3 Angry Birds character for a tie in that's still currently going, but not include the Boom cast into the original?

Oh and Sega have released 3 mobile games this week. Sonic Runners, Sonic Dash Club, and now Sonic Dash 2: Electric Boogaloo

Edit: Damnit Klonoa >.<

Oh and Sega have released 3 mobile games this week. Sonic Runners, Sonic Dash Club, and now Sonic Dash 2: Electric Boogaloo

Actually, Sonic Dash Club was released on May 19. We only heard about it now because SEGA was quiet about it and no one bothered checking the Japanese Google Play Store.

wait...how people are playing mutiplayer in sonic dash ?

i can't find the multiplayer button

It's an iOS only feature. 

When Sega said they were putting more focus on the console market, they weren't kidding! Sonic Runners, Dash Club and Dash 2! Two of which sparking quite a bit of controversy.

Not surprisingly...

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, they finally included it in the main game, huh? Nice, gotta check it out now. :P

I just tried it out and it’s absolutely beautiful. The performance was bumped up on my device so that’s cool, too.

Now we need an update that turns Sonic into the Werehog at night.

Did anyone else know that this game is now available on the Windows 8 Store?

• 5 weeks later...

New update:

GIVING YOU MORE AND MORE
Daily Reward and Daily Spin balanced so you win even more valuable prizes every day! Keep playing each day to earn even more!

KEEP ON SPINNING
Claim an extra free spin each day by watching a quick video! Go for the jackpot!

BRAND NEW CHARACTER PACKS
Can’t decide which character to get next? Purchase a brand new character pack and save!

GOTTA GO FAST?
New low price for Headstart upgrades, grab some and get ready to go fast!

• Thumbs Up 1

New character packs as in new characters? Or existing characters just in a bundle?

EDIT: Just got the update, and at the moment, no new characters.

Edited by SuperAj3

I just updated this game and it stays stuck on the loading screen and eventually message that says "Unfortunately Sonic Dash has stopped working." and not sure what is up with that.