Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

There's also multiplayer for this game now apparently. Seems rudimentary and the menu lags while the main game doesn't.

It's had multiplayer for a while. It's not really "Multiplayer" (You can't race others like Rivals) but it does compare your score.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's had multiplayer for a while. It's not really "Multiplayer" (You can't race others like Rivals) but it does compare your score.

On which platform, cause it seems recent on Android (and not updated on Windows)

On which platform, cause it seems recent on Android (and not updated on Windows)

Ahh, it's been on iOS for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

They have multiplayer and nobody still plays this game how unfortunate. The multiplayer loading screen keeps getting stuck on there. I wish they used one red ring for free revive instead of two of those. I like the multiplayer option even though when you get to second part it extremely hard to play than.

I tend to beat the other people's scores without much effort as I tend to get matched up with people that don't score over 5,000 while I have reached a permanent x20 multiplier for my score...

I like the multiplayer option even though when you get to second part it extremely hard to play than.

It seems they had the difficulty spike dramatically increase to make matches not take long :\

Ahh, it's been on iOS for a while.

It recently started on Android version. I like the nicknames they give you on there. I like that my high scores are usually in the top 100 unlike Sonic Runners since Sonic Dash rarely has lag in it.

I tend to beat the other people's scores without much effort as I tend to get matched up with people that don't score over 5,000 while I have reached a permanent x20 multiplier for my score...

It seems they had the difficulty spike dramatically increase to make matches not take long :\

Same here. I in rare occasions will get people with large high scores but it still nice. I like how relaxed the game play is on multiplayer version. I have permanent 20x and almost every character except Rouge and Andronic but yeah I have trick to get by that hard section. I use the Sonic Dash boost for that part then purposely lose rings at end to get refill than.

Good grief Sonic Dash suffers massive framerate problems after I updated to iOS 9! Hope they fix this soon.

• 4 months later...

I've only been playing the game for a while now and I like it. It's got me hooked beyond belief, and for someone who usually games on console or PC, that's definitely saying something.

There are some gripes I have with the game though. Sometimes the game will throw a character on the daily spin wheel, and it's all a matter of chance whether the spinner lands on it or not. Right now, for example, Tails is on my spinner, but no matter HOW many times I spin it, it's never landed on it. It was close a couple times but never dead on. I guess I'm one of those people that dislikes random chance in a game. ^^'

The other thing I dislike about it is that the game spawns little to no red rings unless you're really far into a run, which I feel in and of itself just makes people think they need to buy the red rings with their own money just to get a character or another revive. -cough- Tails. -cough-

• 4 weeks later...

In case you missed it:

Espio is now in the game. You can't purchase him with RSR atm, but he's unlockable with an event - Simply collect 1000 tokens to unlock him, took me about 3 hours in total. Or you can hust buy him for €3.99 (probaly $3.99),

Imo it's cool that they kept their promise to add Espio. Dash (1) is still the best Sonic mobile game for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I got 30 Espio tokens in one run. 1,000/30=34 games I would have to play in order to get that number. It takes 10 minutes before I lose. 34*10=340 minutes or 5 hrs 40 minutes. Yeah I not think I can do that unless the event lasted two weeks not 3 days than.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if it matters but suddenly Sonic Dash jumped to 7th place in top free (in my country's app store) and got editor's choice.

• 2 weeks later...

For those curious, this is how its different:

Man, Sega is getting a LOT of mileage on Sonic Dash.

9 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

For those curious, this is how its different:

Man, Sega is getting a LOT of mileage on Sonic Dash.

That's it, just some pointless waiting for the double crosshairs to meet QTE thing? Frankly, I should've known better but was this really worth a heads up, nothing about the boss battles have fundamentally changed from the looks of it.

And Indy plz, of course SEGA are getting the most out of it. It's like their most successful mobile game to date. It's a no-brainer they're going to milk it to death!

unless we count all the ports. Is this not quickly becoming the most successful Sonic game sega have ever made?

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

unless we count all the ports. Is this not quickly becoming the most successful Sonic game sega have ever made?

Considering that the last time we've seen the amount of downloads Dash had, it was like 160 million. It's very likely it surpassed 200m at this point. So yeah, safe to say Dash is probably the most successful Sonic game of all time! 

13 hours ago, itsmeTweakBunny said:

At least please put the chao system in Dash, the chaos in Dash 2 is nothing special at all

What are you talking about? I think they're amazing in DASH 2 myself. And aren't they called Sprites in that game?

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

What are you talking about? I think they're amazing in DASH 2 myself. And aren't they called Sprites in that game?

The sprites in Dash 2 are useful, but they're nothing memorable tbh, probably I only remember the one that revives you

Original Dash did have a Chao system, but i think they just move in to Dash 2

• 3 weeks later...

If you download the Amazon Underground app and collect 2,500 boxes you get a free $10 gift card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also to celebrate the 25th Anniversary, the game is handing out 25 red rings for free! Papa bless.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:09 PM, Soni said:

Also to celebrate the 25th Anniversary, the game is handing out 25 red rings for free! Papa bless.

afaik the Amazon Underground version has unlimited microtransactions for free. So if you have an Android device or Kindle that version would be the best.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder when the Classic Sonic and Green Hill Zone update is coming?

They said that it would come after the livestream, so it was hours ago that it did

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's already updated on my phone. Well, Classic Sonic is here, I haven't ran into Green Hill just yet.

Bummer that he's behind a paywall, and I don't mean via red rings. He's the same as Espio in that he's micro-transaction exclusive and at a whopping £5.49. You can get one of the classic games off of Steam for less than that.

EDIT: Just as I say that, an event becomes live. It's the usual collect-the-tokens event; get 623 cartridges and you unlock Classic Sonic and the Green Hill area.

EDIT 2: Aww that's cute! They've got Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3K and Sonic Spinball cartridges for you to collect instead of just the one. They all go towards the same total though.

• Thumbs Up 1