Awoo.

The SSMB animation thread! running series name: 'Stadium Mayhem' Pilot under development, release TBD

Mando-Whirl-Wind

An animation collab, eh? Sounds interesting. Only problem is animating the actual images. Easiest thing I can think of is Flash, but it's not exactly easy to obtain. It either costs money or is illegitimate.

I'd be happy to chip in with this! I've got Flash Professional CS6 and have been animating (only a little, but still some!) for a few years now so I'm sure I could conjur something up!

Alexander would be a great addition too if he fancies it! :D

actualy, there is a couple options, you can do it like you do a GIF, I know we have a couple people around who do it, one option is have some good artists make a large scene, then have it work like a game: a panaramic static image, that you zoom in on specific area, and you make the character animations like Sprites that are then built upon that, then you throw in dynamic objects. Truth be told, we could make something both easily, yet cool, by having our big scene artist guys make the setting peices, then have our community spriters make the character models, then we just have to figure out how to get it together moving. Say do we have any animators around here who wants to help with this? I am just helping with the base, I am no animator.

Ok then, seems we have someone that wants to chip in, but like I am saying we will have to do a bit of improvising and taking in  both our animators, artists, and sprite artists to do this!

Oh one other thing I was thinking was a short gallery segment with some of the best recent artwork by our community artists of course ;)

I'd be happy to chip in with this! I've got Flash Professional CS6 and have been animating (only a little, but still some!) for a few years now so I'm sure I could conjur something up!

Alexander would be a great addition too if he fancies it! biggrin.png

ok sorry to do another post, but I wanted to adress this directly. This is a great chance to build up your skills, and the trick is, what we need to try and build is a bit of a animating team, the guys who can put together the assets we build, and make the work together. So you dont have to be a picasso, but then again you arent doing the heavy art work, you just have to sort it out.

Also want to kinda keep this as legal as possible Cola.

SO thats one guy on, I think I will start a tally in the front post. note, this is just the interest list for now, we wont hold you to anything, we just hope you will help. So, we've got an animator, now we just need: artists, Voice actors, and writers, still got plenty to do, and I am bout to call it a night, so I will sort out what you guys come up with in the morning.

Also a new idea, how about a scene of the guys in the Vs thread sparring, but instead of words like on here, they are using words, AND Lightsabers XD or swords would do it..... would be kinda funny if Shadow came out of nowhere and dispatched of one, and Knuckles crushed the other one with a rock

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I guess I could throw myself out there as a Concept Artist and maybe even a writer. I've been doing this sorta stuff with a few of the guys in the Skype chat and I guess it wouldn't hurt to expand it a bit to the forum itself.

So The Sonic Stadium's got a yearly music album, art collab and now a potential animation series.

What next, weekly dance-off? Don't tempt me.

*prepares to get freaky*

You. Me. Swiss. Let's go.

• Thumbs Up 6

The only form of animation I can do is pencil drawn, and I'm pretty sure we're not going to be using that for this project. I still can't use my tablet without my hand jittering all over the place at the moment. In addition to that, I'm kinda busy with school at the moment, so I probably wouldn't have enough time to animate scenes. 

Still, I do wanna help out in some way I've always wanted to do a project similar to this. I wouldn't mind being a concept artist, I do love drawing and designing characters.

Hm... I'm getting a new computer this weekend, so I might play around with other stuff... though, if Voice Actors are needed, maybe I can pitch in a bit? I can do some crazy voices.. If I remember, maybe I can make a reel this weekend

This sound preety cool.

I'm no animator so I can't help there and I'm not sure about VAing (I just never did tbh)...

But if there's something I see I can do I'll let you know.

Well like I said, something I wanted to consider is making this a Bi-monthly, rather thana  monthly project, would proably work out better that way, however that is something we can vote on after the pilot.

So since people seem to missing this in the opening post, Yes we need voice actors, just like we need concept artists, actual artists, animators, and possibly even spriters.

Now to clarify something about the animation: due to the varying styles across the board, the feature is going to be broken up into segments, the idea of this is that each segment could potentialy be made in a different style so we can have a couple people working on it, and we will use a general video editor to combine all the segments. The purpose being so that we can have several segments made in Flash, and 1 or two in Toon Boom, a hand drawn one would be great(you could scan in it in, if you dont have a scanner at home, try your local library) and perhaps even one made of sprites in a hack. The idea is that we can be versatile so we can get more done.

Now, I threw up some segment ideas in the opening post, we have any writers who want to elaborate on those, or make a couple new ones as well? Guess I will be the editor for now.... kinda fits since I am already overseeing this, hope no-one minds.

I would just like to vote for Tobey McTired to appear in these, what you say, "aminatshuns".

He is a very good musician and he kills the new wave and saves the seals! yes

Edited by Cola

Who? and shouldnt we focus on forum members first? Oh, yeah we need someone to help organize a showcase-showcase segment, I think that would be a nice tribue, and could have some amusing comentary

• Thumbs Up 1

I can animate in flash, not too good at drawing humans per say, although that Idea you mentioned before with the VS. thread, if it was all character based I could probably animate it no problem, Like say there was a vs discussion about shadow v knuckles, and we could have say, the intelligent characters like Tails and Ivo arguing about who would win, and using all of the quotes from the forum, (all whilst the battle moves and scenery changes with the constant shadow v knuckles fight behind them) I donno about you but I find that pretty funny XD

although I do animate I also have a lot of projects on the go at the moment put plonk my name down and ill see what i can do depending on the animation complexity.

• Thumbs Up 1