Awoo.

The SSMB animation thread! running series name: 'Stadium Mayhem' Pilot under development, release TBD

Mando-Whirl-Wind

How about I am omniscesent narrator, but the end clip ends up showing my avatar at a computer at the end laughing like an evil villian at the chaos I have recorded! or just glowering a bit

Oh c'mon, let's be fair here.

We shouldn't put any one person above the others, unless they're the star of the cartoon in question.

We should also consult them about whether they're okay with the plots, and if they'd be willing to lend voicework.

Think of it: we could use this project to showcase the multitude of creative members in this community, in a comedic light!

• Thumbs Up 7

True, but we could use a narrator, and I did organize this, however its just a thought, and a possibility

Since we all have the members, who should be the villain (if there is any)?

Edited by Felix

If we're going by the episode-to-episode format, then it should fluctuate with every episode.

Pelly. She unleashes zombies all over SSMB for some odd reason. 

If we're going by the episode-to-episode format, then it should fluctuate with every episode.

That'd work. I think that instead of a serious threat, there should be a "villain" that tries too hard to be evil, and it ends up in disastrous results.

That'd work. I think that instead of a serious threat, there should be a "villain" that tries too hard to be evil, and it ends up in disastrous results.

How about we start with the steroetype, and have pimp eggman be it, with his glitz-botz trying to commericialize SSMB XD like I said, I was thinking it would be kinda funny with me as the narrator, then as being the one who is revealing the storyand it ends with it zooming out to show a laptop and my avatar and a untill next time. perhaps part of the plot is that somone has made a device that has caused the animation of the forums

Actualy, I just got a bit of inspiration, how about we have our forum members bowser, pimp eggman, doctordoom, and perhaps Gigan(alexander) here start as inidividual villians that then team up?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

very funny, it was just a thought. The focus is the forum and its members, and I was just throwing out some. Feel free to contribute some ideas as well

Sorry I'm late to the party, I could help with VA, and possibly concept art and script writing.

I also have an idea of how we could incorporate Status Updates into this. Basically, my idea is that there could be a section of the show, most likely during the credits, where they could be animated in. 

It could show a member posting a status update, with the avatar saying the status, and then a comment made by another member could pop up, with the avatar of that member saying the comment, and so on and so forth as the credits roll ect. ect.

Does this make sense to any of you? It was kind of hard to put to words...

Edited by Dolan Duck

Can I be just an extra walking in the backround at certain scenes? 

• Thumbs Up 2

If any guys want me to be their voice (literally) in this, I don't mind whipping up some voice clips for you.

If any guys want me to be their voice (literally) in this, I don't mind whipping up some voice clips for you.

Lemme see how you would portray me... send me some voice samples!

Lemme see how you would portray me... send me some voice samples!

Give me some emotions and/or situations and I'll see what I can do.

Give me some emotions and/or situations and I'll see what I can do.

How about me looking on the TSZZ site for scoops for Sonic Redux?

Edited by Rainbow Parakeet

So yeah

The episodic idea is pretty good I think. It gives every member a "time to shine" moment, with of course the permission from the person being showcased, and probably shown the the rough storyboard before it goes any further to make sure they're ok with it. However a problem I could see with it is the obvious people getting offended, or the opposite where the person who is in the spotlight starts to get pretty demanding and want to be lead captain of the ship. There's also the problem of who ever is animating not really interested in whatever the random member is of the month/bi-month. Sounds lols, but it's true. If who ever is animating hardly even knows a guy that's supposed to be animated for the month, I can bet you they won't really have their heart into it.

All that said, maybe it's a better idea to still fish for something that covers a lot of members in a widespread. I think first and foremost a "place" should be invented here, since that might get the ball rolling instead of people going "homg we should voice :3" for the next 6 pages. Making a physical SSMB in this world would be kinda cool I'd think and could house a bulk of the episodes, but there's also the idea of maybe just the SSMB exists in the Sonic universe in our little combined headcannon here. Think of it like we're the random ass bystanders living our every day lives at Station Square or something. That makes it so it's not "fanficy" where everyone wants to be Sonic's best friend, but still keeping it relevant to our forum. I think it also would reflect that we all hang out at a Sonic place, but a good lot of the time we talk about other things or pay attention to other things XD.

But yeah, we have characters (us, hi!), so we need a place. If it's going to be episodic monthly, no matter it's handled, then the plots can come as they're needed. Once we have our sandbox to play in though, I think a lot more will fall into place.

• Thumbs Up 4

So yeah

The episodic idea is pretty good I think. It gives every member a "time to shine" moment, with of course the permission from the person being showcased, and probably shown the the rough storyboard before it goes any further to make sure they're ok with it. However a problem I could see with it is the obvious people getting offended, or the opposite where the person who is in the spotlight starts to get pretty demanding and want to be lead captain of the ship. There's also the problem of who ever is animating not really interested in whatever the random member is of the month/bi-month. Sounds lols, but it's true. If who ever is animating hardly even knows a guy that's supposed to be animated for the month, I can bet you they won't really have their heart into it.

All that said, maybe it's a better idea to still fish for something that covers a lot of members in a widespread. I think first and foremost a "place" should be invented here, since that might get the ball rolling instead of people going "homg we should voice :3" for the next 6 pages. Making a physical SSMB in this world would be kinda cool I'd think and could house a bulk of the episodes, but there's also the idea of maybe just the SSMB exists in the Sonic universe in our little combined headcannon here. Think of it like we're the random ass bystanders living our every day lives at Station Square or something. That makes it so it's not "fanficy" where everyone wants to be Sonic's best friend, but still keeping it relevant to our forum. I think it also would reflect that we all hang out at a Sonic place, but a good lot of the time we talk about other things or pay attention to other things XD.

But yeah, we have characters (us, hi!), so we need a place. If it's going to be episodic monthly, no matter it's handled, then the plots can come as they're needed. Once we have our sandbox to play in though, I think a lot more will fall into place.

If we're talking about how we look in the Sonic Universe, I'm a chao. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're talking about how we look in the Sonic Universe, I'm a chao. 

It's just us members in the real world of the SSMB, not in the Sonic universe.

You make some good points Wolfy, so we have had a couple people volunteering to do story boards, want to try and make some?
And for you concept artists, why dont you try to make SSMB City, the sister city of Station square that is dimensionly nebulous, thus exlaining all the bizarre characters who show up, and possible variants of existing characters

I'll take a crack at it, I'll have a rough draft ready tomorrow if I can.

EDIT: Might as well try Felix's idea too.

Edited by Dolan Duck

You make some good points Wolfy, so we have had a couple people volunteering to do story boards, want to try and make some?

And for you concept artists, why dont you try to make SSMB City, the sister city of Station square that is dimensionly nebulous, thus exlaining allt he bizarre characters who show up

I actually, rather than having SSMB be a city, be an actual Stadium, we we hang out and socialize, with living quarters being in the same area. 

I actually, rather than having SSMB be a city, be an actual Stadium, we we hang out and socialize, with living quarters being in the same area. 

No. That would make it a sitcom, not an animated show.

It's not a dick move or anything dude lawl. Honestly this was kinda the major area of doubt I had was with this project. Animating is a lengthy job and it's going to be hard to find someone that has the time and interest to commit to it. If the shoe was on my foot, my projects would always come first too.

But anyways, I wish I could help more but all I can really do is help plan, voices, and maybe background music in the future when it gets to that stage if needed and not covered by someone else

• Thumbs Up 2

No. That would make it a sitcom, not an animated show.

We can just have it as a sorta setting for the whole show. My idea for a SSMB city does sorta include the stadium concept. It'd be a big city covered in buildings, at the center would be a Sonic Park sorta area with statues/shrubbery depicting some Sonic character with a grand fountain in the middle. Overlooking it would be the Sonic Stadium, the forum's namesake, where we would go for thrilling battle discussion about the series. Towering above that would be the Mod Tower, the HQ of the super team of mods who keep the city safe. Surrounding this area would be a bunch of buildings as filler or living quarters, and then areas like a marketplace (marketplace), raceway (ASRT), mega arcade (Computer Games), Art District (Sonic Showcase/Miscellaneous Works), and Resort (Chit-Chat) would make up other areas of interest and hot spots for gathering and discussion. (Also I did have an idea for a Purgatory esque area where banned members are tossed and forced to live the rest of their days in that could be set beneath the city, though the use of that could be a bit going over the lines of the rules)

• Thumbs Up 1

The HD Brotherhood

I like Cero's idea of the city...though I think the main focus was going to be the Sonic part of the forum (Or at least I though that was in the OP post...gotta read it again) but if that is the case, we could make an exception for the general gaming subforum since there you also have good material

I really am going with what Alex and Wolfy have said. Some of the plot ideas Mando has put out really irk me. 

I'm siding with the episodic idea. No need for any continuation or anything.

being honest, i think this will just die sorry