Awoo.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag. Ubisoft: What if... PIRATES!?

Badnik Mechanic

ac4bfps3uk2d-1362054374.jpg

Really.... REALLY!? REALLY!!!? Really Ubisoft! You're actually going to do this? You're actually turning the AC franchise into a game a year thing?

Oh well... maybe it won't be that bad. I don't really know why I'm making the topic on this once since I don't play this series at all, in fact I only own the first game, and I don't like it.

Anyway. AC 4: Black Flag is a pirate themed game, the main character is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. He's a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

Confirmed platforms so far are: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii-U & PC.

The PS3 version however gets 60 min of extra content over the other versions.

Is anyone else just slightly suprised to see this one be announced with a boxart no less so quickly after AC3?

The embargo on previews lifts on Monday.

Edit: *looks further down the Computer game forum* Oh buggery we have a general AC topic.... ... ... .. .. I don't care... because... Pirates! *reports self*

• Thumbs Up 1

Hasn't Assassin's Creed been a yearly game since the second one came out?

Anyway, was the extra sixty minutes of Assassin's Creed 3 ever released to other consoles or is it still PS3-exclusive? I'll keep an eye on this game as I love anything with pirates, but I don't know too much about the rest of the series.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I said in the main AC topic, AC3 really let me down so I'm not getting my hopes up with this one. The naval battles were the best part about AC3 so I'm pleased there will be more focus on those in AC4, but yeah. I'll wait till I see what the critical reception is like and stuff.

And please please PLEASE Ubisoft, fix any major glitches before you release it. I hated that delayed speech thing in AC3.

Yeah, so they really are gonna make multiple iterations of the series like they said they could. Well, maybe my China is in there somewhere, but still it's a good way to have some tangential learning in video games about history.