Awoo.

The wrestling topic

iDEATH

Taker and Punk stole the fucking show. Match of the year candidate right there, easily. I'll probably post the rest of my thoughts tomorrow, that just had to be said.

So the streak stands? Predictable but I really hoped it would go the other way.

gonna need to find a stream for the show i didn't get the chance to see it.

Wrestlemania 29: The wrestling was solid for the most part. Taker/Punk is match of the night definitely. The crowd was hyped all throughout that match. It's the booking for most of the matches that was kinda meh. 

Also, the whole event was rushed.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

I heard the mixed tag team match with Brodus and Tensai never happened, what the eff?

Time constraints, most likely.

So anyway, figured I'd post my thoughts on the show.

Randy Orton, Big Show, and Sheamus vs. The Shield

Decent opening match, and glad that the Shield picked up the win. They needed the win more than Orton, Show, and Sheamus anyway, seeing as they're an actual team, not just 3 guys tossed together. No big surprise in seeing Big Show turn, but was hoping Orton would be the one to go bad.

7/10

Mark Henry vs. Ryback

This match was a snooze fest, which is disappointing considering I like Ryback and Henry's been on a roll lately. Surprised Henry pulled off the win, but since he got Shellshocked after the match, the loss didn't hurt Ryback too much. The match is worth checking out if only for the Shellshock afterwards. I didn't think he would've been able to get Henry up, but he did. Ryback's a beast.

5/10

Team Hell No vs. Ziggler and Big E

Good tag match, and happy to see Bryan and Kane retain the belts. Was really hoping to see a cash in from Ziggler on Del Rio after he lost this one, but was disappointed. Nothing too memorable from this besides an awesome chokeslam taken by Ziggler, solid match, though.

7-8/10

Fandango vs. Chris Jericho

Minus a botched lionsault at the end, decent match. Figured Fandango had this locked as Jericho always puts over the young guys nowadays, so it was predictable. Fandango got very little offense and won with a roll up, which kinda sucks because I wanted to see what the guy could do in the ring as I never saw his matches on NXT.

7/10

Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio

Honestly, I remember very little from this match. It just seemed like an afterthought. Hell, a decent portion of the show did, but this match especially. Swagger made his entrance during the match promo, so we didn't even see it, which was just odd for a title match, especially the WHC. I expected Del Rio to win considering Swagger's DUI and whatever, but as I said earlier, I was hoping for Ziggler to cash in. Really making me wonder when they're gonna have him do it, since last night was the perfect time.

6/10

Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Ever since Taker's WrestleMania 25 match with Shawn Michaels, there was nowhere to go but down, but damn it, if he hasn't stayed on par with it every year since. Can not put how much I loved this match into words. A must watch.

10/10

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

A pretty good brawl with Triple H coming out on top. Michaels got his nose busted open from a solid forearm/elbow from Lesnar, always nice to see a little blood, especially in this type of match. Lesnar was bleeding out the mouth a bit at one point, too. Saw a lot of Pedigrees, F5s, Kimuras, and Sweet Chins. It was a fun match, worth checking out.

8-9/10

John Cena vs. The Rock

Thank God. Just thank God that Cena won this one. Rock was an awful champion, he shouldn't of even had the strap in the first place. It probably hurt WWE more then it helped because they were out of a champion half the time. Anyway, match started off extremely slow, and was boring. Thankfully, it started to pick up towards the end, and the multiple finisher reversals was cool. They gave Rock too much spotlight after Cena's win, too. It was Cena's moment, you had that last year Rock, let him get his time to shine a little bit.

8/10

Overall show was probably an 8/10. I was gonna go with a 7, but Taker/Punk bumped it up a bit. Show was worth checking out, albeit it did feel a bit rushed at points. Looking forward to Raw tonight, though.

Okay, this week's RAW was, simply, AMAZING. This crowd.....they were in control throughout the night. Makes me wonder what Vince was thinking lol.

I heard JBL, Jerry, OLE OLE OLE, El Generico, FREAKING COLE, RVD, Randy Savage and many more chants. The fans were singing, yes SINGING Fandango's entrance music. Also Henry's. They completely brushed over the Sheamus/Orton match.

Ryback laying out Cena with a Shellshock, putting up the ''FU" sign to him and holding up the title? Possible heel turn, but with how the crowd loved that, Ryback may be more over than he ever been. Also.....

DOLPH ZIGGLER IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION HELL YEA

This was the best 3-hour RAW in terms of actually being enjoyed by each hour since they went three hours. Truly epic night to be a wrestling fan.

Oh yeah....

755557359.gif

Edited by TheChaosBlue
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just finished the TNA one night only X-travaganza.

It was a great show, especially the Main event, Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe.

The cage match was a great chance to see some of the older X-division stars make a return and was a great match.

Highlight of the show was the Jerry Lyn/ RVD NoDQ match. It started off pretty slow but ended up being a great match with RVD setting up a hundred trademark moves with Jerry Lyn managing to reverse pretty much all of them. I was pretty concerned at the star of the match, RVD has been phoning it in for months and this was not only going to be Jerry Lyn's last televised match, but if the rumours of RVD returning to WWE are to be believed, this could well be his last match too. The start of the match felt like Van Damme might have ruined Lyn's last night but the match ended up being great.

The roster coming out to applaud Lyn was pretty touching also.

Word been going around Punk may be taking time off....until around Summerslam time. 

Frankly, with his current knee problems and seemingly having nothing for him at the moment, he more than deserves this time off. Rejuvenated and refreshed.

On the flip side, WWE better make up for it with Punk's possible absence. 

Edited by TheChaosBlue

Sorry for double post.

I have finished watching NJPW's Invasion Attack PPV...once again NJPW put on a great wrestling event. The IWGP Heavyweight Championship match.....my goodness...once again Okada and Tanahashi have put on a wrestling clinic. Now THAT is a World Title match. Between that and WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania, the IWGP Title bout easily beats it.

Just got home from the Mick Foley show at the old fruitmarket and....wow. What a night.

Really was a great show, Mick's taken an already enjoyable act and really honed and distilled it down to what was working. The show was much more wrestling centred with anecdotes about DDP, Jake Roberts, his HOF induction and of course hell in the cell.

Worth seeing just for the sake of seeing an entire Glasgow audience sing along to Fandango's entrance music. A really great night.

935214_10151556502079914_1991456496_n.jp

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Who's gonna be watching TNA Slammiversary 2013? I will (hopefully). Here's the match card (too tired to give detailed predictions, bite me):

Ultimate X Match for the TNA X-Division Championship: Suicide vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kenny King ©

Singles Match for the TNA Television Championship: Joseph Park vs. Devon ©

Singles Match: Sam Shaw vs. Jay Bradley (winner gets spot in BFG Series)

Six Man Tag Team Match: Samoa Joe, Magnus & Jeff Hardy vs. Aces & 8's (Mr. Anderson, Wes Brisco & Garett Bischoff)

Last Knockout Standing: Gail Kim vs. Taryn Tarrell

4-Way Elimination Match for the TNA World Tag Team Championships: Bad Influence vs. Storm & Gunner vs. Aries & Roode vs. Chavo & Hernandez ©

Singles Match: Kurt Angle vs. A.J. Styles

No Holds Barred Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting vs. Bully Ray ©

Sabin wins; Kenny as champ hasn't done anything to interest him being champion, but I fault that to TNA lack of care for the division in the early months of his reign.)

Park wins; but PLEASE make the title mean something by having frequent defenses afterwards.

Shaw wins; don't really care who wins this really. These two are fine for the X-Division though.

Faces wins; Hardy is coming back at the ppv, and the heels stood tall on the last Impact. Besides, the heels losing in this match won't affect them too hard since my prediction for the main event is the opposite.

Kim wins: She needs to win to show more of her mean streak based on how she is being booked the past few weeks. Also, Mickie James needs a strong heel contender to feud with. Make sense to have Kim be that person.

Storm & Gunner win: Sorry, but Chavo and Herns are boring as champs, and I blame that on Chavo who's charisma just wasn't what it used to be. Bad Influence are fine even without the titles for the time being, Aries and Roode may be breaking up.

A.J. wins; he's the hottest commodity as far as the main event scene goes, and he's not even #1 contender. Angle will do what he does best and be a wrestling machine, but Styles will pick up the win. Plus, this is his first ppv match since Final Resolution 2012.

Bully wins; no way he's losing the title. Like I mentioned earlier, while the other two Aces & 8's matches go in the faces' favor, the leader retains to keep stability. Plus....he's gotta face A.J. at BLG amirite? lol

I may watch it Broski but whenever I attempt to watch TNA I just get bored off the programming so quickly.

I may watch it Broski but whenever I attempt to watch TNA I just get bored off the programming so quickly.

Jeff Hardy is coming back; you can watch that match.

Jeff Hardy is coming back; you can watch that match.

Okay that's a good enough reason for me to watch TNA now along with Daniels and Kaz <3

Okay that's a good enough reason for me to watch TNA now along with Daniels and Kaz <3

Bad Influence should be one of (if not the main) reason(s) to see TNA sometime lol

Bad Influence should be one of (if not the main) reason(s) to see TNA sometime lol

I think the only problem I have with TNA in the UK is the massive gap between US and UK airing (we get it on sundays ;___;)because I'm never up late to watch TNA on Thursday nights for streams so that can be another reason why I never watch it.

I think the only problem I have with TNA in the UK is the massive gap between US and UK airing (we get it on sundays ;___;)because I'm never up late to watch TNA on Thursday nights for streams so that can be another reason why I never watch it.

That I know, which is a shame since UK fans are more hardcore fans of TNA than the U.S. if the January tours they take there are any indication.

Three days difference isn't that big a deal to me. We get the show for free as well as all the PPVs and One Night Only shows for free so as far as I'm concerned we get a pretty good deal. Not to mention all the challenge competitons, British Bootcamp and WTTV.

Yeah I'll be watching Slamiversary. Looking forward to Bully Vs Sting, bully better win, his reign hasn't lasted nearly long enough yet. The rest of the card doesn't massively excite me though. More happy to see Gunner return than Hardy tbh :P

TNA Slammiversary 2013 is done, and wow TNA...you did good tonight. Really good. The wrestling was very good for the most part and the crowd was on fire.

My Matches of the Night:

Last Knockouts Standing -Words just can't describe the amazing work Gail and especially Tarrell put into that match. The bumps they taken are spots we wouldn't be seeing in WWE Divas matches at all these days. The diving crossbody into the chair was a bit messy, but luckily no one was that hurt. Props to TNA for letting them go all out there. Although I was hoping Gail to win to carry her 'vicious' streak towards the Knockouts Champion, I don't think this is over. WWE, you need to learn from this match and stop holding Divas who can work the ring back.

A.J. vs. Angle - What can be said? These two put on a clinic of a match. Would have wanted Styles to win, but I guess Angle picking up the win was to add onto him being part of the HoF and build a lot of momentum off of that.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship match - Honestly, I wasn't going into this match the way I thought I was going to. Actually, I loved the main event for it's ECW-like brawling and the bumps taken. Especially from Sting; I mean wow....at 54 and took that much brutality showed he can still go at that level. He did lose though and can never challenge for the strap again, but what a way to go out on. Bully retaining was the right choice, although I thought Brooke would have stood with him at the end of the show turning heel. No matter...bring on A.J. Styles vs. Bully Ray at Bound for Glory TNA...don't screw this up.

I'll give this event....a 8.5-9.0 out of 10. Excellent job TNA. 

Note: I'll give the Knockouts their due for this ppv; they deserve my match of the night for going that extra mile to sell the stipulation the best way they could, which they did.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

I remember that time Dgeneration X shoved Mr Mcman into Big Show's behind.

Watched most of slamiversary now, been at work a lot recently so I've not had a chance to see the whole thing.

The tag match was great (not often you get to see a companies whole tag division in on match :P), i'm not usually a tag fan but thisone was great.

And that main event. Both Bully and Stings best match for a while IMO, genuinly brutal and it was great to see the lengths Bully's willing to go to keep the title.

Shame Sting won't be champ again but seeing as he's now famously taking his inevitable retirement one year at a time, the decision to take him out the title picture makes sense for the company and Sting himself. It's also good to see a match with such a  stipulation backfire, usually stipulations like that "He must win or no more title" are guaranteed to go in that wrestler's favour. Good to see one where the face came out worse off.

• 2 weeks later...

how are we feeling about the Bound For Glory Series line up for this year?

A.J. Styles

An obvious entrant given the stipulation that he's not allowed to challenge for the title again until BFG. It's pretty obvious that he's gonna win and capture the title.

Austin Aries

A good inclusion, it'll be good to see him in singles competition again as that's where he's at his best. i'm a massive Aries fan, he'd be my choice if the outcome of the tournament was a little more open.

Bobby Roode

Much the same as Aries

Christopher Daniels

I think putting bad influence into the BFG series was a mistake. They're the best thing happening (arguably the only good thing happening) in the Tag division. Putting him in the BFG series means there'll be no time for bad influence to compete in tag matches.

Hernandez

meh...

Jay Bradley

No chance at getting very far, he'll be in it as a jobber (robbie E's role last year), still I think Bradley has potential. He's good in the ring, it'll be good to see him get a chance to show his skills.

Jeff Hardy

Another obvious inclusion, not much to say really... I'll be happy to have his presence in the main storyline reduced as he's been getting a bit boring lately.

Joseph Park

If park's going to be our comedy entrant this year I'd have preferred to have has Eric Young take his place. Park's involved in the main storyline going on now what with Abyss and all that. Not sure what'll happen with that now.

Kazarian

See Daniels

Magnus

If A.J. isn't the guaranteed win that most assume he is, then my money's on Magnus. Folk have been wanting him in the title picture for some time now. If he doesn't win I can see him coming second and picking up the title later in the year.

Mr. Anderson

I like Anderson a lot, glad to see him getting more focus lately instead of being drowned amongst A&8's. sadly I can see hi Jobbing this tournament

Samoa Joe

Another obvious entry, hasn't had the title for some time now but he's no chance this year.

Overall, I'd say we've got the makings of a decent tournament. I'm not a massive fan of the BFGS but there's some potential for great matches here. Seeing Aries take on everyone in the roster will be worth it alone.

Edited by Jake Bird

• 1 month later...

Sweeet! A wrestling thread. Not long until Summerslam. What is everyone's views on it?

Yaysomeonepostedlol

It looks to be a good card; every match is getting a good amount of build except for the WHC match. It just doesn't have the oomph, especially since the second most important ppv to the company after Wrestlemania is coming up and the second world title should be built just as important to the card ramblerambleramble...