Awoo.

BAFTA Videogame Awards 2013: Live right now (party thread?) "And the award's all go to Journey"

Badnik Mechanic

BAFTA is normally a really good videogame awards event, no music acts, no adverts, no random comedy sketches that drag on. It's literally just the awards and the developers. Yeah theres a bit of banter with those giving out the awards, but it's not that bad for the most part.

The host is comedian Dara o'briain. He's a self confessed gamer and hits jokes always resonate without becomming a stereotype of how the mass media views games.

It's going live right. So far theres been two awards, Best original music (Journey won) and something else.. didn't see the award, but the Unfinished Swan got the award.

Best story is up next.

Here is the live stream (put it on 240p) the stream was very laggy even on 360p

Walking Dead just won Best story.

FUCK! I forgot this is on. Ugh.. I've missed 30 mins :( 

FUCK! I forgot this is on. Ugh.. I've missed 30 mins sad.png

You've only missed 3 awards.

It's best Sports, fitness, sports sim title up now... so technically you've still only missed 3 =p

Edit: Oh wow! Sumo Digitals game got nominated! (that nike Fitness training one). Meh didn't win it though.

Unifinished Swan just won for best innovation.

It beat Black Ops 2 (why was this here?), Journey and... Wonderbook.

I hate these kind of events as everyone there looks like they don't give two shits about video games.

Edited by Name's Ash. Housewares

I've played neither game, but I'm surprised The Unfinished Swan beat Journey after loads of other GOTY 2012 awards went with Journey. 

Oh man, the Sun's Digital Editor trying to explain why Fifa 13 should win best game of the year was beyond cringeworthy.

I hate these kind of events as everyone there looks like they don't give two shits about video games.

*blinks rapidly*

The whole venue is full of game developers?

Lol Journey wins again! Best 'Artistic' title.

So it's pretty much the Journey and Unfinished Swan deathmatch?

Oh man, the Sun's Digital Editor trying to explain why Fifa 13 should win best game of the year was beyond cringeworthy.

I know. That was absolutely ridiculous. You just can't justify these annual sports games winning Game of the Year. 

You should watch the Vidya Gaem Awards then.

Walking Dead deserved best story.  Thomas Was Alone's lil 10 secs of music really got me interested in the game, trying it out later.

And yeah Fifa is just... silly.

Also apparently FarCry 3 is an animal skinning simulator.

I'm sure it is (I can't watch it on my phone), but these award ceremonies usually consist of random "celebrities" presenting the awards and the people in attendance usually look bored out of their minds.

Owww Social games is up now... my excitement levels are... are... ARE... they're excited!

Saying that though, BAFTA usually feature games that the big award shows ignore, and some of them look really cool. I kinda wanna try that Merlin game which was mentioned.

I was entertained by how on the mainstream categories there was applause for every game, then when browser games come up...

"Song Pop"  *dead silence*  "...Dick & Dom"  *even quieter than dead silence*

I'm sure it is (I can't watch it on my phone), but these award ceremonies usually consist of random "celebrities" presenting the awards and the people in attendance usually look bored out of their minds.

Exactly why the Bafta Game Awards are way better than the Video Game Awards you just described.

The stream is really laggy for me... D:

Walking Dead winning Best Story doesn't surprise me since the story was brilliant!

edit: Oh it isn't anymore. Good. Journey of course wins for Best Design!

Edited by Gabz Girl

The stream is really laggy for me... D:

240p seems to be very stable.

The comedian presenting Game Design isn't funny.

And Journey wins again!? I'm... a tad surprised by this one, personally out of all those. Xcom is far better.

Oh hey guys look! Thats the woman responsible for that Singstar icon on our PS3 XMB's... ... GET HER!

Best strategy... and Sega has a game up... Correction... 2 games up!?

Edit: How the fuck is Dark Souls a strategy game?

Edit 2: Xcom wins... . ... very difficult to find fault with that one, it was amazing.

Edit: How the fuck is Dark Souls a strategy game?

I wondered that. 

Glad Lego Batman 2 won the award for Family Game. It's pretty fun.

Shame to see Dust: An Elysian Tail wasn't nominated for anything. Dangit BAFTA's... 8(

Aww LEGO Batman 2? I thought it would go to LEGO LotR...it's funny.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Randy Pitchford talking about the stream having problems... Might want to look at your own pieces of work. Just saying...

• Thumbs Up 3

So now Lego had 2 nominations and won, anyone else think the Sonic Lego game is only a matter of when as apposed to... when?

lol best audio... Journey!

If Journey doesn't win best game, something has gone very wrong. "Yeah Journey wins all the awards, but not best game"

They really need to separate mobile from handheld consoles. :-/

EDIT: You're quite right Hogfather, argh shit I'm really sorry if I screwed that up for people planning to play it.  Still they were out of line I was really pissed there.

If it makes it any better there's more to that scene than it appears, only partially ruined.  8C

Edited by JezMM

Why

Thanks, had you not said it was that scene, I wouldn't now know what the ending to the walking dead was.

• Thumbs Up 1