Awoo.

Is it too late to sign up for Sos

TitanFifty

I just searched for Summer of Sonic in this part of the forum and stumbled across the relevant page on the website. I noticed that the comments got wiped after the crash, but no recent comments are up.

So, basically, is too late to sign up? I never check the main site and figured a notification about it would appear in the forums, like last year

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitanFifty

• Dreadknux

• -Mark-

• bmn

I was actually wondering this a bit myself to be honest. Can anyone fill us in?

Edited by Mahzes

Anyone know WHEN they start?

Depending on if we get the space we want, we'll most likely not do signups as last year, instead opting for a 'first come, first serve' basis. So don't worry about any signup pages just yet. :) The new SOS official website is due to come online soon as well, so don't fret.

On a side note... train tickets to London were released the other day... got a ticket to London from Hull for the amazing price of

Edited by Casanova

I live in the south-east though, how much does that change things?

I live in the south-east though, how much does that change things?

I'd still get them ASAP anyway - trains/hotels to/in London from anywhere at that time of year is going to be mental, I'll imagine.

First come first served? Hmm, better get there early then I think, or all hell will break loose to get in.

Then again, last year wasn't too bad, there were only twenty or so people actually on-time for the event. If that's the case again this year I should be OK.

we'll most likely not do signups as last year, instead opting for a 'first come, first serve' basis.

So, if an SSMB member cannot give a definite answer about whether they're capable of attending until the end of July or the middle of August, then this would mean that there'd be no more room for them, right?

*sigh*

Well, as long as this event remains firmly stabilized as an annual tradition without disappearing, I still have some hope. Even if there's small hope then it's still better than none.

First come first served, as in "you'll have to wait until a few people leave to get in"*. We had exactly the same policy last year, except including the pre-registration.

* assuming there isn't a queue and you're at the back

Still, how did that work out last year? As far as I recall, most people seemed to stay for the whole day. Well, except most of the raffle winners. =P

People still dribble in and out on a regular basis. Some people could only stay (or only wanted to stay O.o) a few hours, due to train times, other commitments etc.

"you'll have to wait until a few people leave to get in"*.

The worst-case scenario would be if the person that I desire to meet the most turns out to be the one who leaves in order to create a vacancy for my attendance. That would really hurt.

The major reason of why I want to come to the other side of the ocean is because of people... Because of a small handful of specific people. ;)

I don't care about winning prizes... Well, unless a woman's heart is considered as a "prize". In that case, I do care a lot. :D

Curse the ocean that keeps us apart!

Edited by DarkJedi188

The worst-case scenario would be if the person that I desire to meet the most turns out to be the one who leaves in order to create a vacancy for my attendance. That would really hurt.

The major reason of why I want to come to the other side of the ocean is because of people... Because of a small handful of specific people. ;)

I don't care about winning prizes... Well, unless a woman's heart is considered as a "prize". In that case, I do care a lot. :D

Curse the ocean that keeps us apart!

Pelly?

So, if an SSMB member cannot give a definite answer about whether they're capable of attending until the end of July or the middle of August, then this would mean that there'd be no more room for them, right?

*sigh*

Thing is, even if we did do registrations again and you couldn't give me an answer until end of July/mid-August, you'll have likely lost out on even getting in anyway. So either way you kind of lose out - you need to make plans as soon as you are able.

There's nothing stopping you from contacting people you're planning to meet with via PM or something and arrange a time to arrive at SOS, or if things go pear shaped exchange mobile numbers and ensure one stays inside until the other gets in or something. Of course, that is entirely dependant on whether the intended meetup is a mutual one, you sly dog you. =P

It seems like this question has been answered so if people don't mind I'm going to lock it (: