Awoo.

drawings.

no one

Since you've asked for feedback in the topic title I'll oblige you XP. There's really not much of value I could say to you, from one person who likes drawing to another, besides a couple of basic points. The first is never quit. Never, never stop. Listen to and acknowledge that critical part of your brain that constantly harasses you, telling you that you're crap; if you're going to get compliments and appreciation for your work, let that come from other people. Second is draw what you love to draw and try not to worry about rules. People can obsess over how to draw books and instruction manuals, classes and such, but the one true driving force behind achieving excellence in any craft is personal passion. You create your own goals and you will pick things up and learn new things when you're personally ready and willing to. Try to force it and you'll be buried beneath the rubble of your own inadequacies and lack of knowledge. Best of luck with your drawing, I hope you keep at it and some years down the line you can look back and see how far you've come.

Since you've asked for feedback in the topic title I'll oblige you XP. There's really not much of value I could say to you, from one person who likes drawing to another, besides a couple of basic points. The first is never quit. Never, never stop. Listen to and acknowledge that critical part of your brain that constantly harasses you, telling you that you're crap; if you're going to get compliments and appreciation for your work, let that come from other people. Second is draw what you love to draw and try not to worry about rules. People can obsess over how to draw books and instruction manuals, classes and such, but the one true driving force behind achieving excellence in any craft is personal passion. You create your own goals and you will pick things up and learn new things when you're personally ready and willing to. Try to force it and you'll be buried beneath the rubble of your own inadequacies and lack of knowledge. Best of luck with your drawing, I hope you keep at it and some years down the line you can look back and see how far you've come.

Oh hey, didn't expect to see you here :P

Thanks, I needed a bit of a boost.

I was curious, so I looked around at other artists who use (visual) ideas similar to mine and see what gave them a bigger group following and more "fans".

I almost immediately noticed the similarity.

Now, I enjoy feedback, and a "fanbase" couldn't hurt, but the last thing I'd want to do is drain my art of it's dignity/substance, so naturally, I've been deviating from the usual/mainstream methods of showcasing my art and will continue to do so.

Edited by Cunning Condor

Hey since you asked for feedback on your girly arts I figured it'd be nicer to post here rather than via PM.  =o

These aren't bad at all, I can see plenty of potential.  Bare in mind I draw pretty stylised myself so I'm no expert, but, my only criticism for your style would be that while the giant heads are fine and cartooney, giant necks sprouting out between petite shoulders looks a little awkward to me.  "Little Miss Monochrome" as it's called on devART looks much better anatomy-wise for having a smaller neck than "Fear of the Unknown" and "Simplicity" IMO (though I see these two are more recent so I hope it doesn't feel like a step backwards for me to point that out).

Overall though they're pretty damn good, you've even got great looking hands down (that blend into your cartooney "wristless" arm anatomy used in pics like "Simplicity" perfectly), and avoid classic slip-ups with cartooney characters such as using hair to cheat the heads (thus making them look weirdly shaped if you were to imagine the character bald).  Your face work is good too, very expressive.  Keep it up!

Hey since you asked for feedback on your girly arts I figured it'd be nicer to post here rather than via PM.  =o

These aren't bad at all, I can see plenty of potential.  Bare in mind I draw pretty stylised myself so I'm no expert, but, my only criticism for your style would be that while the giant heads are fine and cartooney, giant necks sprouting out between petite shoulders looks a little awkward to me.  "Little Miss Monochrome" as it's called on devART looks much better anatomy-wise for having a smaller neck than "Fear of the Unknown" and "Simplicity" IMO (though I see these two are more recent so I hope it doesn't feel like a step backwards for me to point that out).

Overall though they're pretty damn good, you've even got great looking hands down (that blend into your cartooney "wristless" arm anatomy used in pics like "Simplicity" perfectly), and avoid classic slip-ups with cartooney characters such as using hair to cheat the heads (thus making them look weirdly shaped if you were to imagine the character bald).  Your face work is good too, very expressive.  Keep it up!

Yeah I did notice the neck in Simplicity was kinda blooped but it's cool. Thanks for the feedback by the way. Always appreciate good advice :)

Currently working on another "perceptual" piece.

If anyone has any questions/advice/requests they want to give me, feel free. I feel lonely on this thread. :/

Working on a stop motion project for a college application. Plan to use this li'l guy.

human__character_concept_by_thecunningco

Just a heads up - That guy looks like he'll be hard to do in stop-motion. Floating bits generally are, you'll need a lot of rigging that'll need to be hidden. I really like the design though...

Just a heads up - That guy looks like he'll be hard to do in stop-motion. Floating bits generally are, you'll need a lot of rigging that'll need to be hidden. I really like the design though...

I plan for this guys movements to be somewhat floaty and rubbery so it's to be expected. (nice signature, by the way)

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who keep up with my art (the two of you I can recall) I'm scrapping the stop motion project "Human*". Nothing was working out. His design was neat but not very manipulative. Instead I've come up with a better idea which I'm currently hoping to title "Jambi the Creator".

If I find time during production, I'll try to work on an idea for a Sonic pic. It's been a long time since I've done fanart.

Hmm, if you still need feedback in some way, I can't really think of anything for your Sonic art. They all look pretty good to me, but if your trying to tackle human formed figures in perceptual views, then I'd suggest a method I use and have repeated to others. But you can only do this if you have the funds needed.

MVSS1201.jpg

The Art Buck Anatomical Manikin Male & Female Version.

I own both of these and have already drawn a couple of pictures with there help. They are way, WAY more pose-able then those wooden manikins, but have there own faults too. They also come with a stand.

With a camera, you could take a picture of one in a pose, from a perspective you want to draw your character from, and try to recreate it from the photo you took. I've been trying it too.

I prefer going off of my mind rather than my eyes. I tend to stray from realism.

Sorry, if I'm coming off hostile right now. I'm recovering from what I think was a mental breakdown earlier. Can't really think straight at the moment.

I think the best thing to do at this stage would be to try new styles and see what works for you and what doesn't. Go outside the box a bit. Work a bit on things you're bad at so you can get better bit by bit. Scribble up something entirely random, even if it turns out like crap. Have some fun!

I only upload what I think is good enough to share. I've practiced things I'm not entirely skilled with but they're mainly practice doodles that I don't think need sharing. But I do try to practice things outside my realm. Realism (mainly among characters) is something I intentionally stray from mainly because I like looking beyond what I see with my eyes.