Awoo.

Shocking News: John Riccitiello steps down as CEO of EA [Confirmed: Fired]

Carbo

Well, this comes as a shock. Though it remains to be seen whether EA actually is getting the kick in the pants it needs. For all we know, they'll put in someone worse than Riccitiello.

• Thumbs Up 1

xqefEH.jpg

This is unbelievable! I don't know if I should feel sorry for him or celebrate this decision. But whether this will finally change EA's EVIL ways remains to be seen.

Edited by Gabz Girl

So are they firing the rest of the asshats behind marketing or the jackasses who keep setting quotas for games(Deadspace 3 reaching 6 million or bust...WTF?)? I mean until these people are gone, I'm none too positive about whether this actually means anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Re: accountability

original.png

Da-yum!

That is a STEEP plummet in stocks...

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, this was a shock. Hopefully this means some positive changes are on the way. I think the only EA games I've bought this past generation are Mirror's Edge and a couple of Harry Potter games. 

I bet that stock rise around 2011-2012 is because of Battlefield 3 interest.

And.. speaking of stocks:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198340

As I mentioned in my status update, yep, it happened. Presumably just as EA were hoping it would.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed they fell for it that easy. But hey, maybe I'm just being cynical and EA really will change now. (hahaha)

Edited by SuperLink

Shoot EA got that low, someone show me activision next. tongue.png

They didn't really lose much as after the recession really hit, they took a big drop like everyone. They've since went back to par when they were in 2009. EA however went to shit.

Edited by turbojet

I keep seeing this a lot...

My decision to leave EA is really all about my accountability for the shortcomings in our financial results this year

How much money were EA looking to make in this financial year? I remember at one point their projections for Dead Space 3 were 5 million units sold or something stupid like that?

So the official line is 'he resigned' but the unofficial line is 'he resigned after the board told him to get out?'

I think the standard phrase is "We'll expect your resignation letter tomorrow."  So, pretty much he was ordered to resign. 

(In my case, it was "So, have you found another job yet?"  Since I'd been told two weeks earlier that all issues were resolved, I wasn't expecting it at all.  Unfortunately, not being a CEO or Director, I didn't get several million dollars to tide me through the new job search.)