Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

Yeah, the frame-rate is...pretty unstable. The game is still a ways off though.

As for the dub, it's definitely not the best. I tried playing it in Japanese just to see how they sound like and I'm probably gonna keep it that way to be honest. Don't see anything wrong with the script though.

The game is INSANELY FUN though. Like wow, I'm having a blast with it. I just completely finished it just recently but there should be more things to do after finishing it. I think I heard something about finding more Phantom Swords or something.

Ack, see now, this is the time I wish I had a PS4 now, it was all for this game....and KH3 but that game is still far off

Sadly I can only watch, but hot diggity, this is the most impressive visuals I've seen, and I really like the Night Battle theme.

Hey, in the cave when Prompto run's off, he mentions something about a Snake, I heard that Naga's were originally in the Duscae region but were taking out for whatever reason, I think theirs a screen shot lurking around somewhere, I guess, you fight a Naga in that cave before getting the Summon.

Who here actually has Episode Duscae? Because I hear the framerate is complete and utter shit. Apparantly sub-20 most of the time on both.

:^)

• Thumbs Up 1

:^)

Alright. Sarcasm wasn't needed, thanks for that, Jesus fucking Christ. God forbid I hear something.

The framerate does drop a bit in places, but for the most part it's been fine. The game is only about 75% complete, so I'm sure it will be gone by the time it releases.

Honestly, with a game as pretty as this, you have to expect some frame rate issues on these consoles. They ain't exactly high-end PCs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched my brother play the demo today.. honestly? Besides the party being all-male, nothing about it really bothered me. The game is SO pretty, I don't think any other game has impressed me this much visually besides the monster design in Xenoblade X. The camera is awkward and I hope they improve it, but the framerate isn't as bad as I feared. I still hope it'll improve, but it doesn't seem to hamper gameplay much.

The detail in things is the little things is pretty neat too. I'm still cautiously optimistic for the game.

Also, the voice acting is totally fine if you ask me.. a little awkward dialogue or writing here and there? But nothing unbearable, it's not even as awkward as FFXII in those departments and FFXII was amazing.

So far the framerate is fine to me, don't know what people are talking about.

I don't know what you're use to, but it drops to painful numbers when large amounts of enemies are on screen. Which happens quite a bit. I'm talking worse than N64 fps.

I just don't know guys. I liked what I played, but I wasn't expecting to wait 8 years for a demo with some pretty noticeable technical issues. This isn't the final product, but with the way things have been going in this generation I'm concerned the FPS issues will still be around. I'd honestly rather have worse graphics and lower resolution than what's going on. We shouldn't have to settle for either, but that's just how it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, with a game as pretty as this, you have to expect some frame rate issues on these consoles. They ain't exactly high-end PCs.

this logic is so shitty i cant even

this logic is so shitty i cant even

Well to be fair, it is a really big game apparently and they might just not have optimized it all too much yet.

Considering that the game is running on an engine that was designed to specifically run on this hardware properly? Yeah, that logic is flawed. Who here thinks Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to end up running better? I just don't have much faith in Square-Enix making a proper engine anymore.

(KH3 uses Unreal 4)

So I just did the summon.

0ScWfEN.gif

All those particle effects and shit.  Goddamn.

My feelings for the demo are a bit mixed, but lean over towards the positive.  The game is very pretty, but the framerate is a complete train wreck.  The combat is fun, but it's incredibly awkward at first and the camera is trash.  I mostly enjoy the banter between the party members, but I can't fathom why Noctis has that Batman voice.  Duscae is fun to explore, but those Sabretusk trash mobs get annoying real quick. 

You won't let me drive the car, ok fine, whatever, but I get to ride the Chocobos right?  Nope (they're super adorable though).  That's more of a problem with the content of the demo and not the game though.  I lost my shit when Prompto said he wanted to go see the Chocobos, and then I went to the ranch and it wouldn't let me ride them.  

Square has some work to do, but I think the game will turn out fine.  I would be more excited, but waiting almost 10 years for this to come out sort of wore me out.

Considering that the game is running on an engine that was designed to specifically run on this hardware properly? Yeah, that logic is flawed. Who here thinks Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to end up running better? I just don't have much faith in Square-Enix making a proper engine anymore.

(KH3 uses Unreal 4)

Kingdom Hearts 3 also uses a completely different art style which looks a lot less tasking on the hardware. Kingdom Hearts takes the "cartoon" (kind of like... Nintendo) look on graphics while FF15 takes a more realistic (Halo, Uncharted, etc) look.

ncKH3PS4_07.jpgFFXV-7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't worry about framerate. The game's such a long way away it's not even relevant at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

fucking kek

"Speaking honestly, an all-male party feels almost more approachable for players. Even the presence of one female in the group will change their behaviour, so that they'll act differently. So to give the most natural feeling, to make them feel sincere and honest, having them all the same gender made sense in that way," 

"The world might be ready to see the curtain lifted on what boys do when girls aren't around, when they come out of the tent all prim and proper. That's kind of the idea behind it… we think, male or female player, that everyone will feel a certain connection and bond with the four characters.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-talks-about-the-all-male/1100-6426084/

Is that really the flimsy excuse they came up with for this? To be honest I never cared all that much that we have an all-male playable cast this time around, the real problem is their clothes don't really mesh well with anything else I've seen so far through the demo, and I wonder if this will persist throughout the game. The "fish out of water" thing couldn't work here considering they're being tailed by their assailants almost constantly, so why stick out like a sore thumb even more with those outfits? It would kind of make sense for them to be able to change their clothes.

But I doubt we'll be able to, which is a shame since that and customizing the car were features I was hoping for.

lol talk about a flimsy excuse. Right up there with Ubisoft's "animating women is hard" comment.

What bothers me most about the all male party though isn't that it's a sausage fest, but rather they're all wearing similar looking black clothes. It makes them look like a generic J-Pop boy band. >< Each Final Fantasy has had a diverse cast, but this one just looks bland and not very appealing to me.

Basically, because men act differently around women, we gotta have an all male party to have them at their most natural... Sorry Square, ain't buying it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always have to wonder why the devs just say it straight instead of making an excuse for it, seriously i'm pretty sure if they just came out and said "we made this all male party cause thats what we were feeling for this particular game" instead of trying to justify it with flimsy excuses like this not as much people would bite their heads off for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

They should've just said "because we can" and be done with it.

To be fair though, did anyone complain about the all-female cast in X-2? Now that it's 4 dudes it's a problem?