Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

37 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No, but other final fantasy games didn't heavily promote season passes and tons of DLC. This game is doing a lot of firsts with the series 

As for the patch, with the way it's been worded, it could be taken either way tbh, but knowing square, I assume it will be a mandatory install first before you can play.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 did "tons of dlc" first, but like most games of this nature you can boot the game without the day 1 patch (I've seen proof of this as the game is out in Peru and I watched a stream and the guy booted without it. Yes, the day 1 patch is already live and it's 7 gigs...).  The delay was to make the game more stable, Boost the graphics of the master copy, and the day one patch is for camera issues and further stability of the master code. The DLC is for additional story content that may have been planned for when it was Versus, but was taken out when the Versus epic (a possible trilogy of games) was condensed into one 50/ 60 hr game/ narrative.   

2 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Not... sure why that came up, I was actually just wondering if the extra was necessary to start or not.

Oh hey, on the GOTY subject though, do FF games usually get those?

Depends on if you are okay with a wonky indoor camera and some minor "hilarious" graphical glitches here or there. Also keep in mind even this day 1 patch will not solve all of the issues and to expect more patches as this is the nature of the industry at this point especially with open world games, as they are vast and every new line of code effects some other aspect and it's a constant tug of war between stability, glitches, and fixes.  Some Final Fantasy games like the Kingdom hearts series usually get a remixed re-release called the "international version" with additional content at some point, but with the advent of DLC it remains to be seen if XV will get one this gen. Now if Tabata follows through with his plans to make a completely reworked PC version we may see a re-release by the end of this gen after FFXVI IMO. Also on a unrelated note, you just know that KH III DLC will be the next "Final Mix" and contain a secret boss that sparks the next saga in KH.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did also say season pass. Which that game didn't have. And 13-2 really only had one bit of story DLC that mattered, and go figure, it was the true ending that you needed in order to understand what the fuck was going on in LR. The rest was either unrelated story fluff that didn't explain anything, or costume DLC 

Mm, interesting.

Personally, I don't see a point in waiting an extra year just to save 25 bucks, but it's your choice.

Despite my Internet not being great for downloading, since I'm getting it for Christmas I can probably just have it download while I play whatever other games I'm getting then. Ooh, it's exciting!

The point is not supporting tacky business ploys. I will never get a season pass, and choosing which DLC I want just makes the game feel incomplete, and I'm not spending tons for all the additional content. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Not... sure why that came up, I was actually just wondering if the extra was necessary to start or not.

Oh hey, on the GOTY subject though, do FF games usually get those?

The last final fantasy was so long ago that the trend hadn't really kicked in yet. I think it'll be the norm going forward. Expect it for Kingdom Hearts too(sigh),

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

The point is not supporting tacky business ploys. I will never get a season pass, and choosing which DLC I want just makes the game feel incomplete, and I'm not spending tons for all the additional content. 

Eh. If only a few things interest me in a season pass, I'd only get those things separately. It wouldn't feel incomplete, I mean, I wouldn't want the stuff anyways.

Until we know the prices of each individual item, I can't take my thoughts any further. I want to see if they'll be more or less the same price if all bought separately as they would if you bought the season pass.

I may get this Thursday when I get my check, but I may not due to not wanting to have to buy the DLC or season pass to get the full experience. Ugh, I waited 10 years for this shit, and square fucks me like we're in a bathroom stall. The magic suddenly isn't there now and I'm stuck between choosing to commit to the thing I've been chasing after for so long, or to stand by my morals and wait for things to hopefully get better.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

So, I'll get to the point.

Is it good?

Yes. Yes it is. I've played 25 hours and man there is a TON to do! I'm on Chapter 3 and haven't even started the first story quest of that chapter yet. I've spent over 10 hours on Chapter 3 just doing side quests and hunting missions. 

The way you level up is by tallying your EXP you earned throughout the day by resting at camp sites, hotels and caravans. I kept Noctis and his friends awake for 2 weeks and 1 day and ended up going from level 19 to 43. This game is so damn addictive!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyeFQ_2WEAA63lA.jpg:large

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I may get this Thursday when I get my check, but I may not due to not wanting to have to buy the DLC or season pass to get the full experience. Ugh, I waited 10 years for this shit, and square fucks me like we're in a bathroom stall. The magic suddenly isn't there now and I'm stuck between choosing to commit to the thing I've been chasing after for so long, or to stand by my morals and wait for things to hopefully get better.

I mean, technically you will have the full experience for a while, since none of the DLC in the season pass has been made yet /shot

This game's gonna be one of my Christmas presents. I'm excited! I'm hearing it's pretty great, too, so that's reassuring. Can't wait to experience the English voices either, Prompto is voiced by one of my favorite VAs.

Having a lot of fun with this game so far, about the only problem I have with it is how the directional input dodges that you can do in the middle of attacks don't respond the instant you tap the stick but instead at certain parts of the animation, its a problem I had in the (judgement) demo too so I wasn't expecting it to be changed by now. Don't really like how you can't use noctis' warp outside of combat either.

Meh the action based combat is a real mess plus the game is a sausage fest, based on gameplay video's count me out.

The game features no character diversity in terms of how they are all white males.

Plus the game is needlessly expensive

Talk about a franchise that has sunk just as low as Sonic has, its become a far cry from the glory days of FF IV through X

With XI being a MMO, XII not being standalone game with needing to play tactics first, XIII a incomprehensible mess, XIV another MMO this franchise has seen better days.

I can forgive the earlier NES games and titles, but that was 1980's not 2016

59 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Meh the action based combat is a real mess plus the game is a sausage fest, based on gameplay video's count me out.

The game features no character diversity in terms of how they are all white males.

Talk about a franchise that has sunk just as low as Sonic has, its become a far cry from the glory days of FF IV through X

With XI being a MMO, XII not being standalone game with needing to play tactics first, XIII a incomprehensible mess, XIV another MMO this franchise has seen better days.

From gameplay videos? You haven't tried it? There's a Platinum Demo thing if you wanna try it. Also I personally would like a female player character, though, I'll give you that.

Also, uh... I think the characters are supposed to be Japanese. Noctis is definitely Japanese. It's kind of a normal situation for Japanese media to have mostly Japanese characters.

And it's the same price as pretty much any other game nowadays, honestly. At least the big ones.

5 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Geez, negative much? Also where have you been these last few years? Stuck in the 90's? 15 is nothing compared to other games in tend if price. COD has editions that go up to 100. The standalone edition of XV is 60, the standard for years. So don't single out 15 like its some super offensive thing. I agree that expensive editions of games are ridiculous, but that's in general. Is it dumb XV did it and all the business shit? Well yeah, but its not anything new or anymore galling given its square.

And yeah, they're Japanese. And it's not like FFXV is the only game, or only FF/Square game for that matter, that "has no diversity". Not every game or story needs to have it. Is it a nice thing? Yeah, but if the team can engage me in the world and characters, there being only a couple black guys here and there probably won't bother me as much.

3rd, "it doesn't have female playables so that's stupid" There's a justifiable reason for having only men. The game is centered around brotherhood and the male bond, something that has been proven to be a real thing. And considering the last big game's (13-LR) had focused on females, I see nothing wrong for changing it a bit. Seriously, you may as well shit on Metal Gear for not having a female focus. Not every game needs to have equal representation of both, like how not every book or film does.

Final Fantasy 15 has sold 5 million copies worldwide covering retail and download copies. It's now the fastest selling game in the franchise. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/30/2016 at 3:29 PM, KHCast said:

Geez, negative much? Also where have you been these last few years? Stuck in the 90's? 15 is nothing compared to other games in tend if price. COD has editions that go up to 100. The standalone edition of XV is 60, the standard for years. So don't single out 15 like its some super offensive thing. I agree that expensive editions of games are ridiculous, but that's in general. Is it dumb XV did it and all the business shit? Well yeah, but its not anything new or anymore galling given its square.

And yeah, they're Japanese. And it's not like FFXV is the only game, or only FF/Square game for that matter, that "has no diversity". Not every game or story needs to have it. Is it a nice thing? Yeah, but if the team can engage me in the world and characters, there being only a couple black guys here and there probably won't bother me as much.

3rd, "it doesn't have female playables so that's stupid" There's a justifiable reason for having only men. The game is centered around brotherhood and the male bond, something that has been proven to be a real thing. And considering the last big game's (13-LR) had focused on females, I see nothing wrong for changing it a bit. Seriously, you may as well shit on Metal Gear for not having a female focus. Not every game needs to have equal representation of both, like how not every book or film does.

Actually I have seen FFXV marked  up to $90, probably due to sales supply markups.

And may I remind you that once upon a time how diverse the games used to be, FF7 anyone?

XV seems the first game made for MRA's

This franchise is dead to me, at least Sonic still has a chance to bounce back slim as it sounds

13 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Actually I have seen FFXV marked  up to $90, probably due to sales supply markups.

And may I remind you that once upon a time how diverse the games used to be, FF7 anyone?

XV seems the first game made for MRA's

This franchise is dead to me, at least Sonic still has a chance to bounce back slim as it sounds

Are you looking on eBay or something? The game is not 90 bucks at any normal retailer.

And yes, I remember Final Fantasy VII having... one black person? Barret? Everyone else was Japanese (not white, and the characters in FFXV aren't white either).

I don't understand why a game has to have female playable characters lest it be labeled for "MRAs". Is Sonic Mania going to be pandering to men because you only play as male characters?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/1/2016 at 10:28 PM, MadmanRB said:

simply because of Mania? that game doesn't look that special at all, (at it's worst, i rather get an copy of FFXV, then an simple romhack i could play on my computer ;P)  classicists will buy/play that game, and continue ranting on the series on ends, until they eventually give up, and move on to another game to rant about. which is probably an never, *coughcoughdiogenecoughcough*

its become a far cry from the glory days of FF IV through X

(imo) XII > any turn based FF game, 

and what's this about MRA's? just because there's no woman? what about the party members in FFI and FFIII (the nes version)? it's silly but think more about it lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa.

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/tabata-outlines-future-final-fantasy-xv-patches/

Huge updates coming eventually. Important characters being playable, redoing the second half of the game, create an avatar system, changing chapter 13 (heard it was boring or something), and more.

Oh, and it's all free. But I wouldn't expect any of the long term plans for a few years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope that later on they can change up some things with the combat too like adding more techniques for noctis to use and making the dodge/parry more responsive (sometimes they just don't work even if you aren't in the middle of attacking). It does make me happy that they are really dedicated on supporting this game though because despite all the problems I have with it its still pretty fun and i'm looking forward to all the future content for it.