Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

Looking back, my point I'm trying to make there is FFXIII-2 is not like milking a dead cow.

Except Kingdom hearts 1 was left unfinished from the get go story wise. Final fantasy 13 seemed perfectly fine. It didn't need a sequel like KH.

Except Kingdom hearts 1 was left unfinished from the get go story wise. Final fantasy 13 seemed perfectly fine. It didn't need a sequel like KH.

That's different though. Milking a dead cow means the game did very poor, no good sales came out of it, can have bad reviews left right and center and still Square decides to make a sequel.

I agree XIII's ending was fine, but what can we do about it? They decided to make a sequel and now XIII-3. Getting mad at the company for things like this is pointless and a waste of time.

XIII didn't cancel Versus XIII's development, it's still alive, meanwhile the XIII fanbase gets to enjoy XIII-3.

I agree XIII's ending was fine, but what can we do about it? They decided to make a sequel and now XIII-3. Getting mad at the company for things like this is pointless and a waste of time.

So, we shouldn't be mad when a company makes a decision that we find incredibly stupid? We should just suck it in and accept this shit because they decided it should be so?

No, that's bullshit.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 5

It did however, drastically slow down the development for versus XIII. Due to the incompetence of the entire Final Fantasy XIII staff, the Kingdom Hearts team was pulled away from Versus for years.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, we shouldn't be mad when a company makes a decision that we find incredibly stupid? We should just suck it in and accept this shit because they decided it should be so?

No, that's bullshit.

Yes, it can be "bullshit" to you and other XIII haters but being mad at the company is not going to change their plans. Attempting to boycott Square as well, is bad because they will not have the money to develop a high quality game anymore. KH3 may not even happen if people continue to boycott for example.

All I'm saying is, what is the gain for criticizing the crap out of Square?

XIII's ending was ruined, but instead I'll have to hope XIII-3's ending will be much better. That's all I can do now.

It did however, drastically slow down the development for versus XIII. Due to the incompetence of the entire Final Fantasy XIII staff, the Kingdom Hearts team was pulled away from Versus for years.

I know that. But have you heard that the longer you wait, the better? You don't want them to start rushing Versus XIII because you guys are getting impatient now, do you?

As Shadzter said earlier, it's their mistake for announcing this game early. They were not ready at all.

The game wasn't fucking being developed until 2009 at the earliest, we've waited longer than we had to, by a large margin, thanks to XIII.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, it can be "bullshit" to you and other XIII haters but being mad at the company is not going to change their plans. Attempting to boycott Square as well, is bad because they will not have the money to develop a high quality game anymore. KH3 may not even happen if people continue to boycott for example.

All I'm saying is, what is the gain for criticizing the crap out of Square?

XIII's ending was ruined, but instead I'll have to hope XIII-3's ending will be much better. That's all I can do now.

I know that. But have you heard that the longer you wait, the better? You don't want them to start rushing Versus XIII because you guys are getting impatient now, do you?

As Shadzter said earlier, it's their mistake for announcing this game early. They were not ready at all.

*COUGH!DUKENUKEMFOREVER!COUGH!*

Anyway, I hope Verses 13 KH like gameplay is super addictive!:D I always wanted to see Ff KH gameplay mixed.

They made Crisis Core using a modified Kingdom Hearts battle system, and that was pretty cool.

Never played Crisis Core. I should probably get to playing it.

The game wasn't fucking being developed until 2009 at the earliest, we've waited longer than we had to, by a large margin, thanks to XIII.

That's the problem. Versus XIII should have been announced in 2009. XIII-3 is probably in development as we speak, once that's done (and assuming XIII-3's the last of the trilogy) they'll go full speed ahead on Versus XIII. You'll hear more news about Versus by the end of this year anyway so we'll know how far they are close to finishing it.

*COUGH!DUKENUKEMFOREVER!COUGH!*

lawl. But c'mon! That game was also passed from one team, to another team to another team. XP

lawl. But c'mon! That game was also passed from one team, to another team to another team. XP

Well, there was also Too Human which was in development for about 10 years.

It wasn't very good.

I have some confidence in Versus XIII, but the long development time isn't one of the reasons for it.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

Versus is being made by Nomura in the style of a classic Final Fantasy game, with production values going through the roof.

Square's going to have to try hard to mess this one up.

It wasn't very good.

I have some confidence in Versus XIII, but the long development time isn't one of the reasons for it.

Are you implying now that Versus XIII is going to be a bad game because of its development time?

I'll give it 2 more years before we'll see it in shelves.

Are you implying now that Versus XIII is going to be a bad game because of its development time?

He just said he has some hope it will be good. He just merely stated the Development time isn't helping him feel completely solid about it.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I... wha?

It wasn't very good.

I'm just pointing out that a long development time doesn't always mean a game is going to be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I... wha?

Why did you mention Too Human then and said it wasn't great because of its development time? Stop giving meh mixed signals man! D=

Why did you mention Too Human then and said it wasn't great because of its development time? Stop giving meh mixed signals man! D=

I never said it was bad because of its development time. I said it had a long development time and it was still bad. mellow.png

I never said it was bad because of its development time. I said it had a long development time and it was still bad. mellow.png

Oh okay, sorry my bad. ^^;;

But we shouldn't have to worry about Versus being bad *at all* because...

Versus is being made by Nomura in the style of a classic Final Fantasy game, with production values going through the roof.

Square's going to have to try hard to mess this one up.

Still, I have kinda the same opinion as you with Versus XIII. I'm not liking it as much at the moment, but as I see more of the game, I may change my mind.

• 7 months later...

So remember at the PS4 conference how the guy from Square Enix came on stage and said "Hello, I have an announcement at E3.... well goodbye..."

If you don't, he looked like this...

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

Well, the cat might be out of the bag. VGleaks have posted a claim that Final Fantasy 13: Versus hasn't been cancelled... it's transformed. It's now Final Fantasy 15 and it's now a PS4 exclusive.... No thats not a typo, I did say PS4.

According to the claim. 2 years ago when FF14 came out and utterly bombed, all development on Final Fantasy projects effectively ended in order to rebuild FF14.

FF13: Versus was included in this, but not outrightly cancelled. Instead, production was moved to the PS4 where it's been in production ever since, however, it's now FF15/FFXV.

Article also states that Sony is co-developing the title, so there is no way this will come to any system that doesn't have the Sony logo on it.

Whilst this is just a VGLeaks claim right now, VGLeaks have been very accurate lately with a lot of stuff, so I wouldn't discount this just yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've half-assumed this for a while, and it's hilarious because it would mean that their "new Final Fantasy" they plan to announce isn't even a new Final Fantasy! Once again they'll be appearing on stage, saying some stuff about pre-rendered engines from 2011, and giving us nothing we didn't already know. What a laughing stock this company is.

However, I'll admit that as long as they change the cast and setting somewhat, I'd be perfectly ok with VersusXIII transforming into FFXV.

*looks at time*oh versus is finally starting up again? That's great. About time. I really don't care about the name change. At least people won't relat it to the 13 series.:P and yay again because KH3 will finally be starting up soon after!

• Thumbs Up 1

Would make a shitload of sense for both parties involved.

-Square gets money, free marketing, special publishing deals and a crash course in making next gen games.

-The game benefits from exclusivity cred in both perception and technical performance. Specialized support, optimizations, etc. Would be pushed extremely hard.

-Sony gets a huge mindshare gain with a guaranteed million seller and signals pretty much every japanese studio to get their ass on PS4 if they haven't already.

Thus, since it's Square we're talking about, FFXV iOS exclusive. And KH3 to be released as a Games for Windows MMO with a Vita companion app that might be ported later to the WiiU. Confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

and yay again because KH3 will finally be starting up soon after!

Pff. We still have to get through all those damn 13 sequels too, you know.

I'm kinda dissapointed by this. Versus is like the first and only Final Fantasy to catch my attention and that's partially because of the KH like battle system. I was hoping I could play it on PS3, but oh well. At least it's coming out on SOMETHING.