Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

> Nomura says a sentence with the word "Versus" in it.

> Amounts to literally nothing.

> OMG EVERYONE GET HYPED

• Thumbs Up 1

> OMG EVERYONE GET HYPED

Nomura: Omg guys did you watch the latest episode of Game Grumps Versus

Everyone: GENO CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

> OMG EVERYONE GET HYPED

please be excited

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Forget the defibrillator, I needed a necromancy spell for this one.

Final Fantasy XV officially announced (again, technically) and confirmed for PS4. Not known to be exclusive, though.

IGN bit on it

Hello. I am here to give you a second trailer for Final Fantasy XV. Please try to not have your head explode:

• Thumbs Up 3

Hello. I am here to give you a second trailer for Final Fantasy XV. Please try to not have your head explode:

tumblr_lng4aqCT1T1qepqf7o1_400.gif

Ladies and gentlemen

The savior of the FF series is here

How in the fuck is anybody looking forward to Lightning Returns over this?

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry, my head didn't explode. :)

Still skeptical about this game. The only way I can be sold is if I play a demo.

The fact that you're asking this question implies that these people exist.

How-

• Thumbs Up 1

There are people looking forward to Lightning Returns?
  • Thumbs Up 4

There are people looking forward to Lightning Returns?

*raises hand*

• Thumbs Up 3

I have no idea what's going on for half of the entire trailer gameplay-wise and the art style is still boring as a motherfucker.

Looks like I abandoned excitement about this game for a reason.

Um, honestly, I'm looking forward to both XV and Lightning Returns... Will probably get the latter first though unless they announced a Wii U, 360, or PS3 release for XV (well, I'm not planning on getting PS4 or Xbone anytime soon... Not planning on getting Xbone at all, tbh)

Um, honestly, I'm looking forward to both XV and Lightning Returns... Will probably get the latter first though unless they announced a Wii U, 360, or PS3 release for XV (well, I'm not planning on getting PS4 or Xbone anytime soon... Not planning on getting Xbone at all, tbh)

I'm getting Lightning Returns as well as FF XV...but I have the feeling that Lightning Returns will feel extremely underwhelming after playing FF XV, because this game looks too beast for its own good.

I'm getting Lightning Returns as well as FF XV...but I have the feeling that Lightning Returns will feel extremely underwhelming after playing FF XV, because this game looks too beast for its own good.

Not surprised since it's now moved to PS4 & XONE. These systems have more power to do all sorts of crazy stuff. The PS3's no longer having it because I think they had issues with the console.

The trailer has a few moments of some pretty bad framerate dropping. Maybe the game is too good for even the PS4 (It's hopefully just because it's still in development but good lord, 7 years later and the framerate still isn't ironed out?)

I just couldn't believe this was a FF game when I seen it on Sony's conference, like, Actually colour me excited for a Final Fantasy game....

I hate RPG's, most notably Turn Based RPGs, I just suck at them and can't get invested, I just want to beat on an OP enemy by myself, my own actions, not automated attack sequences, so this looks to be my chance to get into this sorta game.

So, did anyone watch the combat scenes in the trailer? If you guys were keen-eted enough to notice, Noctis' warp consumed fragments of an action meter, while casting magic seemed to have some sort of ATB bar attached to it. Seems to me that this leans towards Type-0's battle system than that of KH's. :D IN OTHER WORDS, WANT~

Here's a gameplay analysis from a NeoGaf member that is pretty awesome, credit to him and contributors for doing this:

HUD

• Warp
  • Attack
  • Link Form

The weapons are not limited to the 5 shown below, and they will cycle across to show more as required (8 max?). See Weapons section below. [Thanks Fuu for the attack and magic gifs]

hjnvJAm.gif

A6tYkiA.jpg

• Item
  • Magic
  • Link Form

When Noctis uses magic, a toggle button is pressed which changes the menus Warp and Attack into Item and Magic. Magic can then be selected and executed. [Thanks duckroll]

7tc0cQF.gif

pjchSqb.jpg

The image below shows the names of the characters currently active in the party, and their HP (Hit Points). The blue gauge below Noctis's name is the Warp gauge, which I'll explain below.

mKtmKEl.jpg

General Combat

Noctis's normal attacks involve him teleporting from side to side while slashing at enemies with weapons. This is all automatic, and you only press the Attack command. His attacks can be cancelled if interrupted by enemy attacks.
Magic as mentioned above, is by toggling the command menu to magic, and then selecting the desired spell.
Noctis also has the ability to dodge roll to evade attacks.

When close up to enemies (or other situations), Noctis will perform other actions like kicking enemies, jumping over them, slamming their heads, grabbing onto Behemoths, etc. This is also via the Attack command.
See the gifs below for Attack, Magic and Other actions.

• Attack

1371012296-general-attack-command.gif

• Magic

1371011791-command-menu-magic-item-link-

• Other

1371014427-other-actions.gif

Weapons

The weapons can be cycled seamlessly. There appear to be 8 weapons in the deck, and 5 are displayed at any given time. [Thanks duckroll]

1371030621-weapons-cycling.gif

WARP

Warp works by locking onto a point and pressing the Warp command. These lock-on points are shown with an orangish-yellow circle. Enemies and notable points in an area can be locked-on to. Note, however that the Warp command will be greyed out until you're close enough.
I am guessing the locking on will be via a single button.

Noctis's warping is limited to the amount of bars in the blue gauge, which in the image above means 4 times. In the gif below, notice the yellow coloured lock-on on the soldier, and the depletion of one bar of your Warp gauge (under Noctis's name) when you Warp to him.
It is worth noting that some parts of the gameplay trailer don't show the depletion of the gauge, meaning the HUD is just plastered on, or not working for demo purposes.

1371009376-warp-1.gif

LINKFORM

Linkform is a special ability that causes weapons to rise and circle around Noctis, and him striking the enemy once with every weapon in his armoury. Another point to note is how the soldier is being constantly struck by Swords falling from above. Not sure if this ability also reduces the damage you take or not.

1371006249-link-form-2.gif

Event Sequences

The following scenes are scripted and can be triggered by certain actions.

• Noctis parrying the Iron Giant multiple times
  • Prompto shooting the enemy, with his hand on Noctis's shoulder
  • Gladiolus defending Noctis from Behemoth, etc.

Example: To trigger the 3rd (Gladiolus Cover) sequence, the player moves Noctis in a specific way while allowing the Behemoth time to perform his "standing up" action. And even though Gladiolus was far away from Noctis, the sequence was initiated.

1371041248-gladiolus-cover.gif

MAP, Video etc.

The gifs below show the MAP and VIDEO functions. Could this be linked to Noctis's phone, and appear/disappear at the press of a button?

• MAP
1371013402-gadget-map.gif

• VIDEO - Noctis talking to Gladiolus.
1371012796-gadget-video.gif

Edited by Tetsuya Nomura
  • Thumbs Up 4

What what? Attack is automatic? So you just hold a button and the game will do everything for you? If that's the case then that's even worse that Final Fantasy XIII's auto battle.

What what? Attack is automatic? So you just hold a button and the game will do everything for you? If that's the case then that's even worse that Final Fantasy XIII's auto battle.

You didn't get it. Every action requires one button input. Ever played Kingdom Hearts 2? It's the same deal.

He means that the constant teleport shifting is automatically done while youre doing combos.

Edited by Tetsuya Nomura
  • Thumbs Up 1

You didn't get it. Every action requires one button input. Ever played Kingdom Hearts 2? It's the same deal.

Oh oh oh. Gotcha, that's perfectly fine then.

By the way, can you please put the GIFs in Spoiler tags...this page is lagging hard on my laptop :)

I've never played a single FF game and this looked so badass that I can't help myself. Definitely buying this.

Edited by Global Warming in Ice Cap