Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

No. Both OpenGL and DirectX offer the same feature set and there is no major hurdles in programming for one versus the other.

PS4 has a proprietary version of OpenGL though, not the standard vanilla set to allow for more specific hardware utilization. Tools and support are damn good this time around so if you get bad ports you can blame it on the developer.

In this particular case anyways, Square's going to be focusing all their efforts on the platform where the game will be bought so expect the PS4 versions of FFXV, KH3 and whatever may come to be ace.

Well, that's reassuring. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

OMG DAT SUMMON THOUGH! Spoilered if you want to see it first time if you plan on playing the demo. SO EPIC!

Good god that was fantastic, I hope there are other conditions for summons too though since it doesn't seem like something i'd use often.

I still fail to understand who's the american VA for Noctis.

OMG DAT SUMMON THOUGH! Spoilered if you want to see it first time if you plan on playing the demo. SO EPIC!

IT'S FUCKING GANLDALF!!!

I'm liking the look of the game so far. The battle system looks like more than button mashing, and the heavier emphasis on timing and execution is really welcome here.

Who here actually has Episode Duscae? Because I hear the framerate is complete and utter shit. Apparantly sub-20 most of the time on both.

I see no differences between the PS4 and Xbone version, but then maybe someone with hawk eyes can point them out to me. XP Looks noice either way, but we all know that by now.

Who here actually has Episode Duscae? Because I hear the framerate is complete and utter shit. Apparantly sub-20 most of the time on both.

My friend does. Framerate is atrocious. You can break it by jumping. 

Also holy shit the writing and voice acting in this game are horrendously bad.

My friend does. Framerate is atrocious. You can break it by jumping.

Huh... Well fuck. Well, the game's still a ways out, I suppose.

Also holy shit the writing and voice acting in this game are horrendously bad.

I, uh, don't see it? I mostly enjoy the banter and the playthroughs of the demo so far. I've been contemplating picking up Type-0, especially now because it came out today. But yeah, I enjoy the voice acting for what it is. Noctis seems a little off to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I, uh, don't see it? I mostly enjoy the banter and the playthroughs of the demo so far. I've been contemplating picking up Type-0, especially now because it came out today. But yeah, I enjoy the voice acting for what it is. Noctis seems a little off to me.

idk man, are you a native English speaker? It's completely unnatural. All of their dialogue is extremely stilted and badly delivered - I can't blame the actors though since the script they got is trash.

"Won't keep you in the DARK..."

"I need to take a BAAAAWWWWWWTTTTTTHHHHHHHHH"

ugh god

idk man, are you a native English speaker?

:v

It's completely unnatural. All of their dialogue is extremely stilted and badly delivered - I can't blame the actors though since the script they got is trash.

"Won't keep you in the DARK..."

"I need to take a BAAAAWWWWWWTTTTTTHHHHHHHHH"

ugh god

I suppose it's mostly the voice direction then? But I kinda just don't see it.

:v

I suppose it's mostly the voice direction then? But I kinda just don't see it.

I'm not trying to be insulting lmao (sorry if I did), I would have assumed you were American/English if your country didn't say France. That's the only reason I ask. I know how to speak Arabic but it's not my native language so I can't really pick up on unnatural voice acting.

I'm not trying to be insulting lmao (sorry if I did), I would have assumed you were American/English if your country didn't say France. That's the only reason I ask. I know how to speak Arabic but it's not my native language so I can't really pick up on unnatural voice acting.

...huh? Dissy pls.

• Thumbs Up 2

...huh? Dissy pls.

... Oh my god.

I'm a sleep deprived moron. Ignore me. Fuck. Sorry.

Edit- ok no seriously tho wth I am in genuine shock I made a mistake that dumb I'm running on like three hours of sleep right now I need to go nap

• Thumbs Up 3

So far the framerate is fine to me, don't know what people are talking about.

Yeah, the human eye can't see past 24fps anyways.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't be the only Brit around here who actually pronounces bath that way haha-

I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet, but I've heard bad things about the framerate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't be the only Brit around here who actually pronounces bath that way haha-

I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet, but I've heard bad things about the framerate.

The majority say that, while being positive about the game in general, there are issues with framerate and camera.

I hope these are sorted out when the full game releases in 2020 lol

I actually quite like the voice acting so far, it has a very natural feel to it (well the battle grunts are a bit eh though).

IIRC it's a North/South divide, people in the South (which includes me) say "bar-th" and people in the North say "bath". Don't quote me on that tho.