Awoo.

Sega creates new teaser site for PS3/Vita game. More coming March 28th.

Solly

http://sega.jp/20130328/

K-9_zps180d72bd.png

Taken from Gaf. Is it a sequel, or a new IP? You may now begin speculating/deluding yourselves. I mean, it's gotta be more interesting than that Korean Dota clone we all got hyped for a few months ago. 

*reads title* OMG IS IT A NEW SONIC GAME?

No Mysterics, it isn't.

Is anyone getting any ideas from the site?

Edited by Mysterics

Imagine if it is again a new Shining game japan-only.

The next non Online/Universe Phantasy Star

PSV on the PSV.

I would suck so many dicks for a new Phantasy Star RPG...

lol, I didn't see this topic...it's exclusive to sony consoles? Maybe a new Yakuza?

But the image is not someone getting punched in the face.

So it's gotta be Valkyria omg omg OMG

• Thumbs Up 1

IDK what it could be, it's a really generic teaser. It could be a new Sonic game.....or a new IP entirely......honestly you can't really tell at this point.

Hyped at the possibility of it being a Sonic Game though. If it is, don't know why they'd make it Vita/PS3 exclusive though. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

But if it was VC the image would be fantasy Nazis in battle with stereotypical anime protagonists. =P

Then again, the blue stuff looks suspiciously like Ragnite, although IIRC the storyline was finished in VC3 or something...

It's probably a new IP.

Yeah, right: the third one didn't even got released outside japan.

But maybe... if it's a Valkyria Chronicles HD Collection with all 3 chapters?

Imagine if it is again a new Shining game japan-only.

That sounds probable. Same with the Phantasy Star suggestion. 

IDK what it could be, it's a really generic teaser. It could be a new Sonic game.....or a new IP entirely......honestly you can't really tell at this point.

Hyped at the possibility of it being a Sonic Game though. If it is, don't know why they'd make it Vita/PS3 exclusive though. 

This is generally why it being a Sonic game isn't really a strong possibility at all. That and the fact that they probably wouldn't announce one with a Japanese teaser site. 

I know you're joking, but I've seen this one suggested a lot. One person on Neo Gaf said that the object in the middle looked like ragnite, but ragnite is a more distinct blue.

Ragnite_ore.jpg

There's always one.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is generally why it being a Sonic game isn't really a strong possibility at all. That and the fact that they probably wouldn't announce one with a Japanese teaser site. 

SEGA might want to make a Vita Sonic Game, and since the two systems are very close in power and owned by the same people, they might have just ported it to the PS3 for the sake of extra sales. Also, who's to say they won't post the Japanese teaser site all over their Twitter (which everyone sees) or something later?

I would be more skeptical about it being a Sonic game, but the thing is, it's roughly the right time. New Sonic games generally get announced around April-May, and the teaser date is March 28th, very close to the beginning of April. If SEGA was indeed announcing a new Sonic game, then March 28th would not be too crazy of a date for them. The date alone (plus the fact that I can't find anything about the teaser that points to a specific franchise) gives me a little bit of hope. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

And Xbox 360 isn't popular in Japan. When they localize it, they will probably port it to Xbox 360 too.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

A Sonic game made solely for playstation consoles? Pfffffffffffffft don't make me laugh. It's not like SEGA really like Sony. Yes Sonic games seem to sell better on Playstation consoles, but why wouldn't they announce it for Xbox360 and Wii U as well? 

It's a new fighting game, is my guess.

Edited by -Bender-

Well if it's not Sonic then, it's either one of these:

1) Hatsune Miku sequel

2) New IP for PlayStation

3) Valkyria Chronicles 4 (less likely)

4) Resonance of Fate sequel

5) Phantasy Star sequel

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand why company's create teaser sites for new IPs, it's like, I've never seen anything of that franchise before ever, why would I need a teaser for it?

4) Resonance of Fate sequel

As much as i will love to death a Resonance of Fate 2, the first game was on the Xbox 360 too: it would not make sense to change that and making it for the Vita.

im sorry but this Barely looks like anything sonic related, and again sega probably wont be making the next sonic game THIS obvious. Plus i doubt the next sonic game would be an exclusive, if its a side game then i would understand. sorry but i call this NON-sonic related, but obviously people will call out on me saying something like "Its a Sonic game, the grey pixie dust shows that it has something to do with sonic." heck even the date has no connections to sonic what so ever.

im sorry but this Barely looks like anything sonic related, and again sega probably wont be making the next sonic game THIS obvious. Plus i doubt the next sonic game would be an exclusive, if its a side game then i would understand. sorry but i call this NON-sonic related, but obviously people will call out on me saying something like "Its a Sonic game, the grey pixie dust shows that it has something to do with sonic." heck even the date has no connections to sonic what so ever.

Ok, if it's not Sonic Adventure 3, it's the next storybook game: Sonic and the Fabled Pixie Dust. 

• Thumbs Up 3