Awoo.

Sega creates new teaser site for PS3/Vita game. More coming March 28th.

Solly

SEGA might want to make a Vita Sonic Game, and since the two systems are very close in power and owned by the same people, they might have just ported it to the PS3 for the sake of extra sales. Also, who's to say they won't post the Japanese teaser site all over their Twitter (which everyone sees) or something later?

I would be more skeptical about it being a Sonic game, but the thing is, it's roughly the right time. New Sonic games generally get announced around April-May, and the teaser date is March 28th, very close to the beginning of April. If SEGA was indeed announcing a new Sonic game, then March 28th would not be too crazy of a date for them. The date alone (plus the fact that I can't find anything about the teaser that points to a specific franchise) gives me a little bit of hope. 

This makes no sense. First of all, if they were making a Sonic game for the Vita, and were willing to port it to PS3 to boost sales, what's stopping them from porting it to 360/Wii U/PC? It doesn't follow the trend of recent series' outings at all. Secondly, nobody is saying that they won't post the site on their Twitter, but what does that have to do with anything? The point was that this is still outside the norm on how they reveal Sonic games. SEGA publishes dozens of games all throughout the year, so the point about the date is also sort of moot. Whatever this game turns out to be, nothing in the teaser suggests Sonic at all.

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but it's sort of disheartening to know that SEGA has all these great IP's, new and old, and yet there are people who only care if there's a possibility it's Sonic related. I'm not directing this at you, specifically. It's just something I see a lot. 

I don't understand why company's create teaser sites for new IPs, it's like, I've never seen anything of that franchise before ever, why would I need a teaser for it?

To get everyone's eyes on them when they finally do reveal it and get people talking about it early. 

This makes no sense. First of all, if they were making a Sonic game for the Vita, and were willing to port it to PS3 to boost sales, what's stopping them from porting it to 360/Wii U/PC? It doesn't follow the trend of recent series' outings at all. Secondly, nobody is saying that they won't post the site on their Twitter, but what does that have to do with anything? The point was that this is still outside the norm on how they reveal Sonic games. SEGA publishes dozens of games all throughout the year, so the point about the date is also sort of moot. Whatever this game turns out to be, nothing in the teaser suggests Sonic at all.

But nothing in the teaser suggests any other notable SEGA IP either. Like I said, it's very generic. And (if it was a sonic game) they might announce it for 360/Wii-u/PC later because those systems aren't popular in Japan (as far as I know).

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but it's sort of disheartening to know that SEGA has all these great IP's, new and old, and yet there are people who only care if there's a possibility it's Sonic related. I'm not directing this at you, specifically. It's just something I see a lot. 

Well, SEGA doesn't really use any other IP then Sonic nowadays, so can you blame people?

There was a animation by Segasammy (the same ones who did Night of the Werehog) of Captain Harlock.

Game adaption by Sega? From the Valkyria Chronicles Team?

Could be everything, at least they let us it's a real game this time tough :P

It's CLEARLY Sonic Adventure 3, guys. 

I doubt it. 8I

I think it's the new Phantasy Star Online...or even Skies of Arcadia, that would be awesome.

But nothing in the teaser suggests any other notable SEGA IP either. Like I said, it's very generic. And (if it was a sonic game) they might announce it for 360/Wii-u/PC later because those systems aren't popular in Japan (as far as I know).

There are at least some reasons to think it's another franchises over Sonic. Like I said, a lot of people think it's ragnite from Valkyria Chronicles. Some think it's a moon stone from Skies of Arcadia. Others think it's sand from Sands of Destruction. The fact that it's on Vita and a Japanese site makes people think it's another new Shining game, which have frequent releases over there on PSP. Nothing, on the other hand, is looks like it's from Sonic.

I will agree that I don't see a very strong connection to an existing franchise, but that doesn't mean it can be any SEGA franchise. If anything it suggests the opposite; that it's an entirely new IP altogether. 

Multi-platform Sonic games are always multi-platform in Japan. They wouldn't avoid announcing it for other consoles. 

Well, SEGA doesn't really use any other IP then Sonic nowadays, so can you blame people?

SEGA, in the Western world, hardly promotes franchises that aren't Sonic. That doesn't mean they aren't making other games. Like I said, they publish dozens of games a year, and many of them are Japanese exclusive. 

I doubt it. 8I

I think it's the new Phantasy Star Online...or even Skies of Arcadia, that would be awesome.

Funny enough, I actually re-beat Skies of Arcadia early this morning, and when I stumbled across the teaser, a very specific scenario crossed my mind.

Skies of Arcadia ending spoilers below.

After defeating Ramirez, Vyse throws the moon crystal he had over the railing, into the clouds below. It left a glittering trail resembling the falling dust in the teaser. What if the moon crystal landed on the actual surface? A lot of things in the image would make sense. The center object would be the moon crystal, the raining particles would be dust from it, and the image would be dark because the clouds are so thick.

Of course, I know it's not true, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't really think it's a Yakuza game...a crystal in a field is a weird way to show an urban crime fighting game. Unless there's something at the end of 5 I need to see. (or if it's another spin off set in an odd era/locale)

• Thumbs Up 2

Hoenstly, I was thinking a Sonic game at first, but I realized it was basically a Playstation Exclusive, and Sonic Games usually come out on the current gen consoles, all 3 of them. So I guess we could confirm that it's not a Sonic Game?

I've got a bad feeling it may be the dreaded Miku

Don't worry, if it is the so scary Miku there are little to no chances of the game leaving Japan.

Don't worry, if it is the so scary Miku there are little to no chances of the game leaving Japan.

SEGA's publicly gauging interest in Miku in the West via Facebook at the moment. Okay, so I'm pretty sure this isn't Miku, but she could well be on her way out of Japan.

SEGA's publicly gauging interest in Miku in the West via Facebook at the moment. Okay, so I'm pretty sure this isn't Miku, but she could well be on her way out of Japan.

And it's about freaking time too.

My body wants it to be another Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3, so I'm just gonna pretend like that makes a difference and get hyped for it, ok?

NEW MARIO GAME.

But seriously, it really would have been nice if they gave a bit of a greater hint than that.  That could be a promotional image for just about anything.  It's kind of hard to decide rather or not I want to get hyped when I haven't even the faintest clue as to what you're trying to sell me.  Oh well, I guess time will tell.

Glowing blue-shaped objects that may be emeralds? Realistic grass instead of plastic grass?!

Sonic 4 Episode III.

Don't Believe.

But in all seriousness, Sonic games are usually announced with an unofficial announcement, along with a teaser trailer. And it's always from Sega of America/Europe. So yeah, not a Sonic game.

The grass is short and very well maintained...

New Virtua Striker confirmed

No really, what could it be?

Edited by Polar Vec

Sadly minimal possibility of a Sonic game, but it looks interesting regardless. I notice the pile of the glowy stuff is bigger now; I'm guessing it's going to keep growing as the days pass and we get a closer idea what it will be. 7 days for it to reach full maturity... I wonder what it could be?

Will be neat to see exactly what it is...

I doubt it. 8I

I was being sarcastic :P

Suddenly, something frightening came to my mind: and if this is a new Football Manager?

Suddenly, something frightening came to my mind: and if this is a new Football Manager?

Looking at the site now.....this might actually be right.......I hope not, that'd be disappointing.

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a Japanese teaser site. Football Manager is primarily a western franchise, made by a London-based studio.

And for what it's worth, that doesn't look like a soccer football at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1