Awoo.

Sega creates new teaser site for PS3/Vita game. More coming March 28th.

Solly

Football Manager Vita would probably actually be a good idea. That series is surprisingly popular....

Not for a japanese audience.

In Japan they have their own soccer manager game...

Soccer is a ludicrous idea. Yeah, japan is super duper into soccer as a sport and sega make football manager. (PS- what happened to virtua striker?) but why would they bother with all the fantastical imagery for a Soccer game? Why not just show like.... a soccer ball instead of a stone being slowly created by falling moondust?

PSO2 is also highly unlikely- the game is already out on PC and PSV in Japan, so I can't see why they'd tease it when people are already playing it and already know exactly what it is. 

The guys that were suggesting VC might be onto something, it's been historically a Sony franchise and the egg stone thing isn't too far out of line with the art for that game, even despite the lack of any tanks or rifles in the teaser. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another VC game, or another SEGA developed RPG of some sort.

but really, considering all the facts there's only one conclusion I can draw. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. 2. 

• Thumbs Up 1

but really, considering all the facts there's only one conclusion I can draw. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. 2. 

Looking at that thing, it'd be more like Billy Hatcher 2; Billy Hatcher and the Giant Kidney Stone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What Remz said, although I'm honestly really skeptical about Valkyria Chronicles, probably as a defense mechanism so I don't set myself up for disappointment. Again.

Chances are it's an RPG, whatever it is.

You guys it's obvious, it's a new Project Diva game.(joking)

Now seriously, I can see it being a new Valkyria Chronicles or Yakuza game.

What suggests Yakuza at all? The fact that it's Japanese and on PS3? How does anything in the image itself relate to Japanese organized crime?

Billy? On PlayStation? When the original game was on Gamecube?

Or maybe it could be really a new IP and we made speculation for nothing, lol

Well, the truth will be revealed in a cuple days anyway.

What suggests Yakuza at all? The fact that it's Japanese and on PS3? How does anything in the image itself relate to Japanese organized crime?

I was only going for Sega franchises exclusive to Sony consoles, and that's one of the biggest. And one of the last games was around zombies, so anything goes, no?tongue.png

Billy? On PlayStation? When the original game was on Gamecube?

Bayonetta on Wii U? When the original game was on PS3 and 360?

Stranger things have happened. But it's not gonna be Billy regardless.

Bayonetta on Wii U? When the original game was on PS3 and 360?

Stranger things have happened. But it's not gonna be Billy regardless.

That's because Nintendo funded the game. D=

It won't be Billy Hatcher. I can say this with 99% certainty. 

Or maybe it could be really a new IP and we made speculation for nothing, lol

Well, the truth will be revealed in a cuple days anyway.

Honestly, it probably will be a new IP, but that doesn't mean the speculation is all for nothing. 

I was only going for Sega franchises exclusive to Sony consoles, and that's one of the biggest. And one of the last games was around zombies, so anything goes, no?tongue.png

Yeah, it's one of the biggest, but the content of the teaser itself has to have some significance too, right? And for what it's worth, Yakuza's producer, Toshihiro Nagoshi, expected Yakuza 5 to be the last one they'd release in the PS3's generation, so a new one would be for PS4. 

That's because Nintendo funded the game. D=

And if they can do that, Sony can fund Billy. Of course we know that won't be the case. I'm just saying, you know?

Honestly, it probably will be a new IP, but that doesn't mean the speculation is all for nothing. 

Yeah, it's one of the biggest, but the content of the teaser itself has to have some significance too, right? And for what it's worth, Yakuza's producer, Toshihiro Nagoshi, expected Yakuza 5 to be the last one they'd release in the PS3's generation, so a new one would be for PS4. 

Oh ok that makes sense. And yeah I also agree that it's most probably a new IP. 

What Remz said, although I'm honestly really skeptical about Valkyria Chronicles, probably as a defense mechanism so I don't set myself up for disappointment. Again.

Chances are it's an RPG, whatever it is.

Maybe you can consider that the dust falling it's not just dust if you know What I mean :P

Some have speculated that it might be an egg, which would actually fit given that Easter is coming up. While there is Billy Hatcher, that would seem strange, given the almost underwater look it has, and the association with Nintendo. Of course, Bayonetta 2's going to be on a different platform than its original release, so the possibility is open.

However, I did actually take the time to try and measure the spherical object some in pixels.

At its widest point it's about 314 pixels. This is moreso so I know where the diameter is, so I can compare the top and bottom halves, however. The cyan line was used to find a more or less equal space on the side of the sphere; I'd give a margin of error of one or two pixels; the red line was used to help me determine where the diameter was most accurate.

Now for an "egg test," in yellow lines. For it to be egg shaped it's logically going to have a different measurement from the central diameter to the edges going up and down, and more than a few pixels to adjust for human error. Now, logic says that if it's egg shaped it's going to have a steeper incline on the top than on the bottom. It doesn't really matter where I put my vertical measurement, but the difference between inclines will be greater the further I am from the edge of the diameter, so I put it very close to where the object's top half currently ends.

GDJNI3N.png

We have 86 pixels on the upper half and about 88 on the lower half. With margin of error taken into account... yeah, looks like it's just going to be a sphere. It is still somewhat possible this will change but... it's unlikely. In Tokyo it's the 26th, so we have only two more days.

Regardless, it shall be interesting to see what they have planned.

I have way too much time on my hands. tongue.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

People thought there was a chance this was Billy Hatcher? That would've made no sense. There's no reason SEGA would make it PS exclusive, just as there's no reason would give miney to get it as an exclusive. ′ As for what it actually is, even if I liked soccer,I wouldn't really care. PES and FIFA are already around. Though this might be arcadey like SEGA Strikers or this is a new Manager title..

IvyCn.gif

I'm going to go sit in the corner now, and never speak of this again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good thing I didn't waste my time caring about this, Sega always drops the (soccer) ball when it comes to hyping non-Sonic stuff.

Solly: Yeah, I know about Football Manager. It was one of the four franchise SEGA wanted to focus on a while ago. Good to know this game won't go up against PES, FIFA or even Inazuma 11.

Inazuma 11 doesn't even count as a direct competition of FIFA/PES (If there's one it'd be Captain Tsubasa, another manga/anime about the same).

So Sega has license of the J-League there but they can't use it for Football Manager? That sucks really :(