Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

Releasing it on disc is a nice, if unexpected move. I would rather Capcom spend their time patching DuckTales and fixing the glitches (as mentioned in my previous post). Honestly is it too much to ask? 

Edited by -Bender-

Is this game even large enough to warrant a disc release? It always did scream "downloadable title" to me that I just can't see this as essential owning for anyone except collectors.

Plus, they could have had the decency to announce this well before the game was out so that buyers who would have liked to have it on disc could make a decision.

Is this game even large enough to warrant a disc release? It always did scream "downloadable title" to me that I just can't see this as essential owning for anyone except collectors.

Plus, they could have had the decency to announce this well before the game was out so that buyers who would have liked to have it on disc could make a decision.

It's 7 levels (the 5 original ones plus 2 new ones), each spanning somewhere between 15-30 minutes of gameplay. So it's about 3 hours start to finish unless you get loads of Game Overs. So no, I wouldn't say it really warrants a disc release, and it seems perfectly suited to the download format. It's the kind of game you can just scroll through your menu, see it and think "hey I don't mind a quick burst of DuckTales!". I think having to get it out of a box and load up the disc every time you wanted to play it would actually take away from some of its pick-up-and-play charm.

Of course though, as you say, it'll be essential for collectors. If it had the original NES game included as an added bonus for paying the extra price then maybe I could see the appeal, but as it stands I'm more than happy having bought if off the Wii U eShop.

Oh look, this game is going to be physical now. Guess what game I may be going to get one day when I get a WiiU now. I had no interest in the game before, but now I will. It is worth it to me now to think about buying it. I'm glad they are doing this. Give the people an option, not force them to do one way or the other, which is a good thing.

• 1 month later...

Yes indeed DuckTales remastered has received a patch. I have just downloaded updated 1.01 on my PS3. Well it's about fucking time! It's a shame they didn't patch the game back when it was released in August when people still cared about it!

There were a few game glitches if I recall. The game would occasionally freeze, so I have never been able to beat Extreme mode as a result (which is a no save mode).

The patch is briefly mentioned here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/Ducktales ....see the second comment.

A patch is nice all the same. 

Edited by -Bender-

The patch includes the following fixes:

-Pogo fix- Some users reported that the pogo was unreliable. Tweaking the window at which the game looks for the pogo input seems to have fixed the issue. It seems that it was too short and that some users set ups were dropping input frames

-Flashing characters- Got rid of the flashing characters.

-Wii U crashing on the leaderboards

-Duckworth sometimes fails to lower down the safe.

-The title crashes to a black screen when skipping the pre-race cinematic of Magica and Glomgold.

-In certain conditions the title would fail to respawn correctly after a failed attempt for the race to the dime.

We've also addressed several stability and crash issues, but the above were the most reported. If you have an issue you don't see, please check the patch if it's still there when the patch comes out.

We also added the below item due to a large request:

Quick Cinema mode- This mode will skip most of the cutscenes when activated. The option will show up if you have at least one playthrough completed, even it if was pre-patch. It's not a true speedrun option like we wanted to, but some areas, like removing the random number events proved to be risky.

Really amazing stuff, honestly, it pretty much gets rid of the stuff I didnt enjoy about the game - I can't wait to replay it now!

• Thumbs Up 5

Good to hear they worked on it a bit. I'll still likely be buying a physical WiiU copy around Christmas time most likely. Had been waiting for the physical copies to come out eventually, and with that coming up, it should be a nice little extra game to stick into my library.

I started the game for the first time in a while this morning to check out the patch.  I checked out the leaderboards for basically the first time since I figured they'd be fixed, and I was surprised to find that, as of 7-8 hours ago, I had the tenth most profitable playthrough of the game.  Even though I haven't played it in quite a while, I'm still somehow in the top 10.

I don't expect anyone to care, I just wanted to share.

• 5 years later...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2019/08/06/pick-up-ducktales-remastered-on-sale-now-before-it-leaves-digital-storefronts-starting-august-8th

DT: Remastered is being delisted in a couple days on all platforms. It's 75% off on Steam, so if you were interested in this and haven't played it yet, now's a good time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/237630/DuckTales_Remastered/