Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

Duck Tales 2 on the NES was the first game I ever played in a home console in my life...

You can't see me now, but I'm dropping tears on my keyboard... This is the best -legit- gaming announcement I heard in some months. Nostalgia bomb, I can't discribe it...

I need this...

I need the MOON STAGE

IN HD.

And they MUST remaster Duck Tales 2 as well for the love of God!

Edited by Jango

I remember playing the original at a friends house .. 23 years ago o_o

It was easy and fun to play, had a great soundtrack and looked fantastic.

Disney games were great back then.. Quackshot, MickeyMouse Castle/World of Illusion, Aladdin, Talespin

Aw yeah! This looks amazing. Never played the original but I know it's  got a great reputation. Loved the series though.

The new art is beautiful, can't wait to get this.

Hopefully it'll have the original also as a bonus.

Get your moons ready

think the inner child in me just fan-gasm'd. I LOVED DUCKTALES AS A KID. :D this just a trip down memory lane for me, I swear..Scrooge is one of my favorite Disney characters, too. 

I could only imagine the feelings the people watching it at PAX were going through as they watched the trailer. The dramatic buildup at the beginning, with all those quotes by developers of notable games, with that heroic tense music, making the crowd unnerved and excited for what was going to come next...and then the Ducktales drums starts playing, hitting everyone with that moment of realization, and the trailer and music starts, and everyone is (hopefully) cheering ecstatically.

I know it's what I would have felt.

ducktales5.png

Welcome back, Scrooge McDuck, you snazzy bastard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Never had this as a kid but it looks gorgeous and judging from all the hype seems like an essential piece of platforming history to check out, especially with WayForward at the helm.

Please let there be the red coat please let there be the read coat please let there be the red coat I was already robbed of golden-gloves Mickey on Epic Mickey so at least give him the correct coat as an option here

hooray.jpg

Well... actually... I've never played this game. I think a friend of mine had it and sometimes I'd watch him play it, I think I had a few goes on it in a department store once and I liked it. Also it was Duck Tales, of course it held appeal to me.

Anyway... I see your Duck Tales, once it's done, please... let this be the next project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5q6ubDlZE

You so know that if this does well they'll start digging up all the old classics. Heck they've done it with Double Dragon and Ninja Turtles... Twice!

• Thumbs Up 1

Never got to play the original one when I was younger, but this looks great so far! I'm really enjoying the beautiful graphics and animations of the characters as well as the stages. I'm really looking forward to this!

YA2YVnY.gif

I am on this hype train cane like feathers on a duck's ass.

I swear, am I the only one who thinks that cane looks like a jackhammer?

I could only imagine the feelings the people watching it at PAX were going through as they watched the trailer....

.... Well actually...

They don't sound that excited.

Edit: This is how you do a reaction!

• Thumbs Up 4

This looks amazing. I never played the original, but I've heard amazing (duck)tales about the original. Plus it's in HD and made by Wayforward, so I'll definitely be buying this.

happy_kitty.jpg

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy! :D I used to play this all of the time on the NES when I was a kid. Can't wait for this remastered edition.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't grow up watching Ducktales very often, so for me this news leaves me looking like a pissed off cat. Am I happy?

bVlGInk.jpg

But it does give me hope that The Lion King and other old Disney titles might get a remake.

The Goof Troop SNES game needs a remake next. Talk about co-op heaven. It was always the go-to game for me and my brother whenever we didn't hate each other. It didn't skimp on the difficulty either; some of the later puzzles are genuine head-scratchers.

• Thumbs Up 5

Quackshot and Castle of Illusion should be priority #1 after this.

But it does give me hope that The Lion King and other old Disney titles might get a remake.

fuck that game and its stupid difficulty with broken controls

as a kid we spent hours on the final boss fight until it decided to finally do the throw move at the right time, as if getting there wasn't hard enough

D: Lion King badmouthing? Be still my heart.

Controls weren't broken on The Lion King, but the difficulty was insane. But that's what made it awesome. I'd gladly get a remake of that too.

Also, what was that game where Donald Duck turned into a ninja?

• Thumbs Up 1

Gah if only WayForward games actually came out for PC too.

Risky's Revenge is sitting idly on Steam Greenlight. Everyone's forgotten that it's there so I don't think WayForward are too excited about that, but Capcom said they'll explore a PC option for this game.

D: Lion King badmouthing? Be still my heart.

Controls weren't broken on The Lion King, but the difficulty was insane. But that's what made it awesome. I'd gladly get a remake of that too.

Also, what was that game where Donald Duck turned into a ninja?

Mauimallard.jpg

This was... a weird game. It's not even Donald Duck as far as I know honestly.

Nice underrated classic with great atmosphere though and the controls were a delight.

• Thumbs Up 1

DUCKTALES

MADE BY WAYFORWARD

OH GOD

I hope this gets a Steam release later on, but wow this looks so great.

This along with the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games?  BLABBERIN' BLATHERSKITE.  This summer is gonna be glorious.

Never got to play Ducktales, heard great things about it though.

This was... a weird game. It's not even Donald Duck as far as I know honestly.

588473_60289_front.jpg

It was called Donald in Maui Mallard everywhere other than America, I believe