Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

Risky's Revenge is sitting idly on Steam Greenlight. Everyone's forgotten that it's there so I don't think WayForward are too excited about that, but Capcom said they'll explore a PC option for this game.Mauimallard.jpg

This was... a weird game. It's not even Donald Duck as far as I know honestly.

Nice underrated classic with great atmosphere though and the controls were a delight.

Nah, Maui Mallard IS Donald. Except in the US versions of the game where all references to Donald were erased for some reason.

Also, surely it stands to reason the next project would be Ducktales 2?

DuckTales is an E10+ for Fantasy Violence? O_o

Yep, there is an extended version.

The theme they used in the trailer sounds like a cut version of that full theme, actually. The instrument composition is more similar than the TV version.

Edited by Joshua

Damn it. I just thought of something that could change the world and benefit all of mankind as we know it. But I just had to click the play button on that video, and listen to that song.....

I don't think I've ever played this, but I'm echoing the thoughts of other Disney games getting a remake! I would LOVE to play Lion King again without having to find an old system to play it on!

If the Lion King you're thinking of is the Lion King I'm thinking of, wasn't that game developed by Virgin Interactive? Can Capcom secure those rights from it, or do they already have it?

If not, I'm not expecting a Lion King remastering.

I picked a great week to fall in love with WayForward. This,Mighty Switch force and double dragon neon are seriously some gems that shine in the gaming sea! CAN'T.FUCKING.WAIT.

The games getting remade would be the Capcom ones only. Such as:

DuckTales 2

Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers

Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers 2

Darkwing Duck

Goof Troop

The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse

The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie

Disney's Magical Quest 3 Starring Mickey and Donald

Aladdin

• Thumbs Up 1

Note that it would the SNES version of Aladdin, which is different from the Genesis one. I actually prefer the SNES version, though. It just plays better.

Keep in mind also that Capcom only made the SNES version of Aladdin and not the Genesis one. Virgin produced the Genesis version as well as both versions of The Lion King, so those are right out.

EDIT: Beat to the punch by EVERYONE EVER

Yeah I figured it would be the snes version. But I'd still be interested. Never played the SNES version, and if its remade like this, then I will be hyped. Also would love to see most of the other games ralph listed.

My inner child has been hit with a pleasant wave of nostalgia upon seeing that trailer. I never played the original Ducktales game but I grew up on the show and most of the other Disney Afternoon cartoons and I'm tempted to buy this just for that reason.

Also, if they remake the Chip 'N Dale and Goof Troop games I can die a happy woman.

Hopefully they can make DuckTales look and play as well as Rayman Origins. I want to see more developers giving 2.5d games a go.

Edited by -Bender-

Thanks to the power of old cassettes when I was younger, now I too can be excited for this shit.

Tho' the only DuckTales I ever played was the Gameboy one, but that I don't care which one, since this looks AMAAAAAAAAZING and whenever it releases, I'll be there to throw money at it.

But it does give me hope that The Lion King and other old Disney titles might get a remake.

Aladdin_SNES_Edit_002.png

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeee

Edit: Fuuuu beat me to it, gaaah.

Edit2: Editedception: And on a side note, that theme song was probably the fruitiest thing I've ever heard in my life earlier, but it's freaking growing on me, I feel it :C

Edited by /_JXJ_\

Just watched some gameplay footage from PAX East, wish I was there today playing it! The boss battles have been beefed way up.

Just watched some gameplay footage from PAX East, wish I was there today playing it! The boss battles have been beefed way up.

Link please!!!

I must be living under a rock if this game was actually good and never played or heard of it. mellow.png

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I must be living under a rock if this game was actually good and never played or heard of it. mellow.png

It's a NES classic, I believe most people who owned one had the game. There are the movies and cartoons too, if you never heard of DuckTales even at this shape or form, then yeah, "under a rock" tongue.png Anyway, if you like 2D platformers, chances are, you're gonna love this, it's solid, offers a good challenge and has quite good replayability. The music is really

as well. If this was already awesome more than 20 years ago, imagine a remastered version smile.png So yeah, get it, get it at launch day! Edited by Jango