Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

I must be living under a rock if this game was actually good and never played or heard of it. mellow.png

You're darn right you are.

Anyway. Jango, here's the video of the Magica boss fight. Found it on Capcom Unity.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/380890544

There are other videos from Capcom Unity on their Twitch account. Stages have been beefed up too, so it's not just a straight changing the graphics thing; which is great. Couple that with the addition of voice acting, by the official Disney cast, and you can definitely tell this isn't something everyone involved didn't want to just churn out.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

It's a NES classic, I believe most people who owned one had the game. There are the movies and cartoons too, if you never heard of DuckTales even at this shape or form, then yeah, "under a rock" tongue.png Anyway, if you like 2D platformers, chances are, you're gonna love this, it's solid, offers a good challenge and has quite good replayability. The music is really

as well. If this was already awesome more than 20 years ago, imagine a remastered version smile.png So yeah, get it, get it at launch day!

No no, I know DuckTales. Just not the game. XP I never owned a NES, so yeah that's why I never heard of it. The game was even released before I was born. D=

It's a NES classic, I believe most people who owned one had the game. T

Curiously, my brother never did, although both of us loved the cartoon and never missed it.  I think even by then we'd learned that games based on TV/movies were rarely worth the money.  Will be delighted to give it a try, though.

No no, I know DuckTales. Just not the game. XP I never owned a NES, so yeah that's why I never heard of it. The game was even released before I was born. D=

Any yet I'll bet anything that if somebody plays the Moon theme you'll recognise it immediatelly.

That's the game it's from.

This been posted yet?

The game has EVERY original voice actor from the show, including Alan Young who voiced Scrooge, who is now aged 94!

Young SSMB'ers, this man was doing voice acting in 1940 when he voiced Mister Ed.

Would this make him the oldest ever voice actor in a videogame? I can't think of anyone older?

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, Disney has became famous for trying to get every time it was possible the original voice actors for their respective characters (with some exceptions in the first Kingdom Hearts, but in that case it's half-shame fro Square). Still, it's really impressive.

I've never played this game. It seems like almost everybody here played this in their childhood. I feel so lefted out.

The game has EVERY original voice actor from the show, including Alan Young who voiced Scrooge, who is now aged 94!

Update: Joystiq has been contacted by a representative for Alan Young, who clarified that Young is not 94 years old, as Christian Svensson stated above.

I wonder how old he is now. Too lazy to look it up.

I wonder how old he is now. Too lazy to look it up.

According to wikipedia, 93.

Can't let that serious misinformation spread, I guess.

He's 93 years old, which would still make him like the oldest voice actor in a video game. Perhaps anything in this day and age.

At the risk of sounding fairly morbid, I'm glad they managed to secure the original voices because this could possibly be Young's final chance to voice Scrooge McDuck. When was the last time we've seen the character in anything?

• Thumbs Up 4

2010, as he had a small cameo in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

He's been in a few Kingdom Hearts games, and Young voiced Scrooge in them as well, iirc

Aaand stampeded by ninjas.

Edited by Joshua

Really diggin the art style. Gives me a real Paper Mario vibe.

I should really get to beating my copy of the original by this point.

I've heard June Foray is in this, and she's nearly at least 98 by now. Looked it up, 95. So she's older.

Also, coincidentally, I found this game at a thrift store last summer for a few bucks, in-box too. Not too bad, but I still can't find an NES to play it on.

Edited by EmmBee
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is glorious! It's even better than I was expecting. It's nice to see they actually got the VAs, instead of just putting some text boxes. So this is Uncle Scrooge's original voice? It's really cool smile.png But dang, I wish somehow Disney from Brazil get in touch with the Disney USA and Capcom, and see if they can voice to my language. I think there might be a high chance, since Disney is pretty big here, and the brazilian dub is usually one of the best after the original.

Edited by Jango

This is glorious! It's even better than I was expecting. It's nice to see they actually got the VAs, instead of just putting some text boxes. So this is Uncle Scrooge's original voice? It's really cool smile.png But dang, I wish somehow Disney from Brazil get in touch with the Disney USA and Capcom, and see if they can voice to my language. I think there might be a high chance, since Disney is pretty big here, and the brazilian dub is usually one of the best after the original.

That would be awesome but I highly doubt that will ever happen :(

Did we even have some kind of game (based on a cartoon, movie, etc) voiced by the "official" Brazilians VAs?

That would be awesome but I highly doubt that will ever happen sad.png

Did we even have some kind of game (based on a cartoon, movie, etc) voiced by the "official" Brazilians VAs?

Actually,

And guess what, it's a Disney game :) By seeing how the brazilian voice acting is growing in the gaming field, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on it :)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually,

And guess what, it's a Disney game smile.png By seeing how the brazilian voice acting is growing in the gaming field, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on it smile.png

Oh, that's pretty cool! Didn't know about that. Even so, I thinks it's hard for that to happen with this game. But, who knows, maybe Capcom and Disney will surprise me.

Edited by ViniciusLC