Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

Why did it take me until now to post on here?

Wayforward has really grown to be one of my favorite developers out there, and the fact they are working on this clinched my purchase months ago after I've heard about it a week's past. But now actually seeing a good length of it in action... I must have this game.

I mean, the effort is amazing from all I seen in so far. Being completely remastered, original voice cast from the show, filling up what few holes the first game had and being handled by a developer that knows 2D gaming like the back of their hands

Indeed, WayForward is awesome, so far i consider this underrated Wii gem their masterpiece:

Anyone with a Wii should try this, it's a wonderful game.

• 1 month later...

452f91211de1a13b9d66fb721434fc8e.jpg

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc

Scrooge and the gang are headed to Steam, Origin and other PC download destinations this summer

Woo-hoo! You guys demanded it, so we’re unbelievably happy to announce that your most requested platform will indeed be receiving DuckTales Remastered! Yep, Capcom’s heartwarming collaboration with Disney and WayForward will definitely be pogoing onto hard drives everywhere via Steam, Origin, Impulse, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming and numerous other places PC gamers download their wares.

The game is similarly priced at $14.99 and should launch within or around same window as the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions. We should have more DuckTales splendor to show ya leading up to E3, including the reveal of an all-new remastered level, very soon (And I mean VERY SOON!) Man, with Rey’s recent unveiling of DuckTales' free XBL avatar shirts, it looks like I’m purchasing at least two versions of the game. Gotta have mah Steam version!

• Thumbs Up 4

Amazon level revealed... and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkk7JXS24w&feature=player_embedded

OMG GUYS. THAT MUSIC. Especially that part around 2:50. The extra parts added to the song... SO GOOD. I adore it! <3

Okay, sorry for that fangasm.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jake Kaufman, people, NEVER FUCKING FAILING!!!

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's also some Translyvania footage without noise disturbance.

THAT GUITAR. THAT REMIX.

I laughed at "It's a diamond the size of...uh......Mrs. Beakley!" despite myself.

And omg, they got Magica DeSpell's VA for this too!

Edited by Joshua

Oh god, if Jake can do that with the jungle remix, my body is very ready for what he does with the Legendary Moon theme

• Thumbs Up 5

Aw man this is looking AWESOME I am going to have to pick this up for my Wii-U!

I'm gonna be avoiding any and all spoilers from here on out now that I know it's coming to PC. I'd like to keep the brand new levels, as well as Virt's remixes, a surprise. Which means no looking up his Moon remix until I play the game.

Am I the only one who sees the graphics engine from WayForward's "A Boy and His Blob" remake in this one? Particularly the way the characters move:

I've never really seen much of DuckTales, but I recognize the characters, I think. But this looks fun, so might pick it up!

• 4 weeks later...

'chievos are up! Nothin' too crazy aside from a list of the treasures acquired on each level and the presence of a couple of secret ones, though.

'chievos are up! Nothin' too crazy aside from a list of the treasures acquired on each level and the presence of a couple of secret ones, though.

I suppose if we've got this list the game should be due out soon?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nar1u-Co3jA&feature=player_embedded

Game will be released in Europe on August 13 on Steam, August 14 on PSN,  August 15th on Wii U eShop and September 11th on XBLA.

releasing a game with a planecrashing bird on september 11 seems a bit inappropriate if you ask me

• Thumbs Up 3

August 15th? Not bad, I was hoping for a July release, but at least we finally have a release date.

Definately looking cool, plan to get it soon after release on my Wii-u!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nar1u-Co3jA&feature=player_embedded

Game will be released in Europe on August 13 on Steam, August 14 on PSN,  August 15th on Wii U eShop and September 11th on XBLA.

releasing a game with a planecrashing bird on september 11 seems a bit inappropriate if you ask me

Damnit why the hell does XBLA get it way later then the rest? I might just get the PC version if I have to wait that long for the Xbox version..............

also from CC14's link US release dates

Aug. 13th – DuckTales Remastered launches on PlayStation Network, Steam, and the Wii U eShop
Sept. 11th – DuckTales: Remastered launches on Xbox Live

1cfecce0ccada4005e2f87959fbeba77.jpg?v=3

If that weren’t enough, there will also be a special boxed edition of DuckTales: Remastered for PlayStation 3 available at US retailers on August 20th, which will include a download code and an exclusive DuckTales Disney collector’s pin. The physical version will go for $19.99, while the digital version remains $14.99 on all platforms. Wait, there’s more!

Heh, live release is a month late XD. Also why doesnt Wii-u get a special edition or content, the original game was on the NES!

XBLA release is a month later due to Summer of Arcade. Games not in the campaign have to take a backseat.

Well, hopefully it does actually release on August 15th. Chronicles of Mystara has been "Coming Soon" for a month after the expected release date on the eShop.

Well, hopefully it does actually release on August 15th. Chronicles of Mystara has been "Coming Soon" for a month after the expected release date on the eShop.

actualy, its August 13th in the US(so is PS3 and Steam), its the 15th in Europe

Really looking forward to this; the original was a great platformer that used the Mega Man engine and re-worked it into a unique experance, not to mention capturing the feel of the show with its awesome soundtrack and many character cameos.  This remaster looks to be really high quality and really expands the original game with the levels being much longer and having a more Disney like look. 

Cant wait to get this when it comes to PS3 :), and I hope we get a Vita version of it soon; such a good fit for the system.