Awoo.

DuckTales Remastered - XBLA/PSN/WiiU/PC, Developed by WayForward

Carbo

DuckFails

I'm just waiting for that to be used as a review headline. 

How about.... Screwed McDuck  sad.png

Bring on tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to playing DT. Being able to listen to the awesome intro will be so cool.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

While I didn't pre-order it, I will definitely get this latter this week as while I never played the original, I loved the cartoon and with NES Ducktails being a golden era Capcom tittle, it will definitely be a great game :)

Even despite the mixed reception, I'm still planning on downloading this for my Wii U when it releases on Thursday. I've never played the original DuckTales and I'm loving the presentation and soundtrack of the Remastered version. As long as the gameplay is essentially the same as the original then I'll be happy, because I won't have any nostalgic ties or previous experience to compare it to. DuckTales Remastered looks like a solid enough game in its own right, even if it's not as spectacularly remarkable as everyone hoped it would be.

Besides, it can't be as bad as Turtles in Time Re-Shelled now, can it? That's how to do a remake wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Besides, it can't be as bad as Turtles in Time Re-Shelled now, can it? That's how to do a remake wrong.
If this actually ends up to be horrible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=9OVv-J-LXQU

Really enjoying this so far. Damn it's a tricky game! Playing it on Hard mode with the Hard Pogo on.

The music is amazing. That Amazon theme..

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Even despite the mixed reception, I'm still planning on downloading this for my Wii U when it releases on Thursday. I've never played the original DuckTales and I'm loving the presentation and soundtrack of the Remastered version. As long as the gameplay is essentially the same as the original then I'll be happy, because I won't have any nostalgic ties or previous experience to compare it to. DuckTales Remastered looks like a solid enough game in its own right, even if it's not as spectacularly remarkable as everyone hoped it would be.

Actually, I heard it's on the eShop, you just need to search for it.

Actually, I heard it's on the eShop, you just need to search for it.

I think it's out now in the US, but us Europeans have to wait til Thursday.

While visually impressive, featuring inventive remixes of the original's music, "DuckTales" is simply too much like its predecessor.

"DuckTales" is simply too much like its predecessor.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=209772

Isn't a Remastered version supposed to do that?

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 9

...It's a remake. What is it supposed to be? I mean, I appreciate that it isn't their kind of game, but what kind of argument is that?

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=209772

Isn't a Remastered version supposed to do that?

...So they didn't read the games tittle before reviewing it than? Its a REMASTER of the original not a sequel in the series...

There are times were reviewers just baffle me and this has to be one of those times, like when they thought God Hand was worse than Cooking Mama or that Unleashed was a worse game than 06. 

Honestly, all complaints about the game being too old can be remedied by playing Easy mode (which is the game suggested difficulty mode). They probably should have named it "Modern" mode instead of Easy to get people over the Stigma.

Been playing it for a while now. I've begun the game on Hard with the hard pogo controls on. Holy hell this game is tough. You will die plenty of times. Really enjoying the gameplay, cutscenes and solid presentation. Oh man the music...

The PC version does have 2 noticeable bugs that I hope are patched soon. 

1. The game does not close properly. It just leaves you with a black screen and Steam still says the game is running.

2. The hard pogo controls don't always activate which can lead to slightly annoying moments.

But yeah so far I'm loving this. I've never played the original but I can understand the hype it had years ago. It's pure fun.

Oh yeah diving in the money vault is fun.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Man, that's something else to play the game on hard from the getgo. I'm still practicing for Normal.

I do this with 97% or so of most games when I first begin them. I like me a challenge.

I just pre-ordered it on EU PSN and it says it becomes available in 15 minutes. EU PS3 users get in there! biggrin.png

That was posted a page back, silly.

Edit:

Edited by Autosaver

never played the original version.... but i feel obligated to buy it to support wayforward... I love those bastards

DuckTales in now available on Eu PSN. I'm downloading it now.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

DuckTales Remastered is one of those games that makes me feel like a kid again, and that's a good thing. The original DuckTales for NES I couldn't ever beat, maybe because I never had the patience to, or maybe because I fucking suck.

About Remastered though, it's awesome how all the voice actors returned, seriously it makes me fucking happy as fuck, I love Alan Young and he will always be the only Scrooge McDuck to me. It just makes me sad to know this might possibly be his last time in the role, and it might be one of the last major DuckTales things, unless Disney makes a new series (not going to happen), or if DuckTales 2 is remastered (bigger chance than a new show.)

Either way. From the music to the gameplay, I think this game was great. You should pick it up. I guess I just felt like giving my own review, because this is one of those games that makes me so happy, because I have and I always will love DuckTales.

Edited by Winston