Awoo.

Forgotten gems in Sonic soundtracks?

Kamakai

It's a commonly known fact that Sonic games typically have music that excels beyond typical "video game music" standards, be it almost universally loved songs like Live and Learn, as well as "love or hate" stuff like Sonic R's whole soundtrack. But what about the songs that never get credit? An example that springs to mind for me is Wave Ocean from Sonic 06. No, seriously. There is a good vibe in that tune that always makes me hit the replay button. What do you think?

SOnic R.htm

But seriously, this is the shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

I personally find Aquatic Base and End of the World to be great. Whod've thought that the worst level ever would have one of the most bleak and awesome tracks ever?

• Thumbs Up 5

It's only short because all of the rips of Rivals 2 music is really ass, I hope one day someone will rip with some care so I can a looped version of this awesome as fuck track.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's only short because all of the rips of Rivals 2 music is really ass, I hope one day someone will rip with some care so I can a looped version of this awesome as fuck track.

Nah, I mean it's short before it loops. It's less than a  minute, when it could go on to last for several.

Sonic 3D (Genesis & Saturn) are quite underrated as well as Sonic 2006 which is one of my favorite soundtracks.

I never really participate in music discussions so I don't really know what tracks are popular (apart from a few obvious ones) but I don't think I've seen this come up too often.

I agree with Sonic Battle, that music had a fair few of amazing tracks. I like this one in particular:

It's so catchy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, Sonic Rush. That reminds me of this underappreciated little gem of a theme;

I think this casual yet nice little ditty really gets across Sonic's amiable and friendly nature in this game. It really suits the pleasant aspects of his character especially in regards to Blaze. It's a refreshing change from the "EXTREME!!!" feel of rock that is often an aspect of his themes.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 2

I present to you, the reason why Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) has one of the best soundtracks in the series. I barely hear anyone bring up this piece of brilliant Sonic music, depsite the fact it's only nearly a minute long.

Yeah, this goes for me too. PC Version was one of my first Sonic games, and I remembered this so distinctly over the years.

And then it came back in Generations and I had a almost tearful overload of nostalgia. ;v;

• Thumbs Up 2

Marina Madness, In fact I'd say most of Knuckles' Chaotix soundtrack is forgotten about because the game is almost impossible to play legally and mediocre at best. It's a shame because it has some really beautiful tunes like this one.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ah, Sonic Rush. That reminds me of this underappreciated little gem of a theme;

I think this casual yet nice little ditty really gets across Sonic's amiable and friendly nature in this game. It really suits the pleasant aspects of his character especially in regards to Blaze. It's a refreshing change from the "EXTREME!!!" feel of rock that is often an aspect of his themes.

This is probably my favourite song from the original Sonic Rush (but I haven't fully completed it yet). ^^

Hmm, I dunno how popular the music I'm about to suggest is, but the Sonic 3 multiplayer stages have some of the best music in the series. And I love the Balloon Park remixes in Generations so much! C:

Sonic Rush Adventure's soundtrack has some outstanding themes too. For whatever reason I largely prefer it over the original Rush's soundtrack. If I had to choose just a few though, I'd go with Coral Cave, Haunted Ship, and Pirates' Island. Sonic Rush Adventure is one of my favourite Sonic games (despite not being able to get into the original Rush nearly as much) and its music is a large part of the reason I love it so much! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails Adventures had a pretty rad soundtrack. It's different from most Sonic music, but it's still catchy and has its own charm. That whole game was probably one of the better Game Gear titles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sky Troops from Shadow the Hedgehog for sure:

I just really enjoy the instrumentation and composition. I hate how this gem is always grouped with the other lacking songs in the soundtrack, and I feel this deserves a lot more love than it gets.

Also, Fire Stone from Sonic the Fighters:

I mean seriously, this is just an amazing track, what's not to love about it?

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs
  • Thumbs Up 5

How could I forget about Tails Adventure! This track is my favourite. <3

EDIT: This one too!

Edited by Lhancat

Got to give a shout for Puppet Panic Act 2 of 3d Blast (Genesis). It's a dramatic sounding track, right near the end of the game.

Also, Diamond Dust Act 1. A beautiful track which suits the snowy environment.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 6

Got to give a shout for Puppet Panic Act 2 of 3d Blast (Genesis). It's a dramatic sounding track, right near the end of the game.

Also, Diamond Dust Act 1. A beautiful track which suits the snowy environment.

Oh yes, absolutely. S3DB for both MD and Saturn are some of my most favourite tracks. Many a night I fell asleep to the Saturn OST on my CD player.

Always loved Rusty Ruin Act II.

Edited by Wentos
  • Thumbs Up 1