Awoo.

Forgotten gems in Sonic soundtracks?

Kamakai

I'll counter that and say I prefer Lost Jungle's song, although both tracks don't get enough love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LeVmAA3TuY

I just love how smooth and subtle the use of the guitar is, and it feels so... different and unique for a jungle theme. 

I honestly like both of them too, but there's something about Frog Forest that mesmerizes me more than Lost Jungle. To each their own I guess.

What a great topic I love several of the songs that you posted.

what you need is fast paced and epic, I love blue coast act 3, sonic heroes has some good music as well.

One fantastic song from a more modern sonic game is Aquarium park act 1

The piano fits perfecty in the song and really sets the mood for a water level.

Another fantastic song that doesn't get enoguh recognition is Mystic Mansion from sonic heroes

The mix of instruments fits perfectly with the level, and I love how the song is chopped into sections that can all complement each other

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Levitated Ruin, also known as High and Broken, is one of the tracks from Sonic and the Secret Rings that I still go back and listen to from time to time.

My favorite part is the buildup in the beginning, then that guitar breaks loose. It’s pretty enticing for me. The remainder of the song truly conveys a sense of majesty with its variety of instruments. This is also the only stage theme in the game without lyrics other than Lost Prologue.

Cyber track (mostly act II)

I love this theme, it's helps the atmosphere Advance 3 presents that makes it the most epic 2D Sonic game of them all (seriously, when GBA games can be epic, they are epic).

And speaking of epic, Chaos Angel (all acts, but especially act 3)

• 3 weeks later...

People hate this game's soundtrack, but this opening song always excited me:

Another favorite of mine is Robot Carnival from Sonic Heroes:

The Mario and Sonic Wii games get some notice for their soundtracks (mainly original game remixes however) however some of the DS tunes sound brilliant, having a wonderful retro techno feel to them. The first Winter Olympics stands out in particular, especially some of it's hub tunes:

• 1 year later...

Oh boy. Time to dust this thread off once again.

Let's just take a moment to talk about Sonic Mega Collection. I don't think I've seen the music for this compilation listed anywhere in this thread.

Whilst every song in the game is pleasant, 3 songs in this are simply sublime. They are as follows:

and finally, this piece of audio-gasmicness.

This last piece... This last piece of music just gives me a true warmth every time I listen to it. I even remember when I first got 'Mega Collection Plus' on the PS2 and went to the game select screen for the first time and heard this. It was somehow the most nostalgic song I'd ever listened to even though I'd never heard it before.

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but I absolutely adore this piece (too bad it only plays in Time Trial)

For me it's up there in the list of my favourite tracks for this game.

Also this

Not sure if this is necessarily underrated but I don't feel like it's discussed too often when the topic of music does come up.

I really like this track as it feels quite fast-paced and fits the level really well in my opinion, although the level itself wasn't all that great. I feel like 06 does have some of the best music of the series as a whole and it definitely made the game way more bearable to play through.

• 3 weeks later...

Supporting me. On my phone atm so I can't link it properly, but goddamn. What an amazingly executed boss track. I feel like it had the most sort of....atmosphere or substance to it. Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

While the Storybooks as a whole tend not to get the love they deserve in the sound department, but these are a few  tracks I almost never see mentioned at all.

And finally...

EDIT: I totally forgot about this awesome remix of SA2's "Boss: -GUN- Mobile" from Shadow the Hedgehog:

Edited by Bowbowis
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if anyone has said it yet (too lazy to check) but for as much shit as I give Sonic Adventure 2; the Knuckles/Rough levels specifically: I do love the theme for "Aquatic Mine". It's one of my personal fav track in the entire game.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the most under appreciated tracks in a Sonic game is probably Metal Sonic's theme from Sonic The Fighters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FW0gXNkco

I just like it a lot.

On 5/17/2014 at 4:23 AM, GOAT said:

Can't help but to love this nostalgic piece of goodness.

I have to mention Diamond in the Sky. It's my favorite track from Sonic R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zex_DZcEn4o

These three from SegaSonic the Hedgehog are great. The last one in particular is a certified jam, and the first two remind me of 80s synth-pop, which is a very good thing if you're me.

I love, love, LOVE this one from Sonic the Fighters. It's so intense and dramatic.

I think I’d go as far as to say this is my favourite Adventure track. The SA1 soundtrack as a whole has this unique style that I can’t really describe, and this showcases that style really well.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:29 AM, GOAT said:

Sorry for the double post, but I love this thread. This song is a gem. The Guitar rift in the middle is a thing of beauty. Enjoy.

Love this one too!

I always loved the Windmill Village Mode 3, and especially Mode 4 themes in Rush Adventure. They’re just so unusually peppy and the usage of the voice samples kinda remind me of Crash Twinsanity’s soundtrack, which I love. I remember always making Sonic spin around in the hub world to the second-to-last part of the theme, lol.