Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Generations Mod Project

goku262002

Sorry to bump a old tread like this, but I managed to run into a major problem when running this mod. I can only get to the menu screen in Sonic Generations. 

If I press New Game the games goes to the level loading screen and then eventually crashes. If I press continue then I get the forever loading screen that people are talking about. The level loading scree crash tells me me that its a Visual Run Time Error or something like that.

I tried practically everything and have only heard one mention of this from someone else but he/she was never replied to. What really weird is that other level modes work fine. Just not this mod.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

The endless loading screen can be fixed by removing the Sound folder from inside the Unleashed Project mod folder, and then using the files from this endless loading fix. It's caused by a fault in the tool that SonicGMI is built over with modding over the music, and can't be fixed until the author returns.

No idea about what could be causing the New Game to be freezing, though. I imagine you haven't got any mods that modify the HUB or any levels (which even character mods like the Shadow one do) running at the same time as the mod, but it never hurts to check; see if the other mods have files for pam000 (the HUB) or anything like ghz100 (Classic Green Hill), and then place them in a lower priority in SonicGMI or disable entirely.

There's also that not enabling the save file redirection could be causing the problem if you load your regular Generations save and you were last in the Collection Room or beyond the Egg Dragoon boss gate, since the Unleashed Project HUB seals off those areas.

• Thumbs Up 1

The endless loading screen can be fixed by removing the Sound folder from inside the Unleashed Project mod folder, and then using the files from this endless loading fix. It's caused by a fault in the tool that SonicGMI is built over with modding over the music, and can't be fixed until the author returns.

No idea about what could be causing the New Game to be freezing, though. I imagine you haven't got any mods that modify the HUB or any levels (which even character mods like the Shadow one do) running at the same time as the mod, but it never hurts to check; see if the other mods have files for pam000 (the HUB) or anything like ghz100 (Classic Green Hill), and then place them in a lower priority in SonicGMI or disable entirely.

There's also that not enabling the save file redirection could be causing the problem if you load your regular Generations save and you were last in the Collection Room or beyond the Egg Dragoon boss gate, since the Unleashed Project HUB seals off those areas.

I can Run Sonic Melpontroations fine. There must be something up because I tried the same files on my main PC and it happened as well. Its Visual Runtime Library Error something like that.

Maybe its the sound files however...I'll give it a shot.

• 9 months later...

Update on whats going on from the new Project lead developer, S0lv0:

Keep in mind, I'm the only one currently working on keeping Unleashed Project going, and I've kept it comparatively quiet compared to its first release, because a lot of the novelty has passed. That doesn't discourage me, as I'm sure a vast audience will still enjoy getting to play all of Unleashed's stages in a more fine-tuned engine, but without the initial wow factor, there's no real reason for said audience to hold interest in the development process of more levels.

And, for what it's worth, I'm not waiting on the new Glvl; I'm working as often as I can on this project. Be excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another update from the project's modeler, Twlightzoney:

I've been working on stuff too. I just haven't been talking about it on here.

Working on porting a level. This time a level most people don't really remember.

https://twitter.com/TwilightZoney/status/593614304684834816

Been working on redoing the Unleashed Project HUB. I bought some software that UVUnwraps Geometry much better then the 3ds Max Standard so if anyone need better unwrapping for their levels to get the most out of it let me know I can unwrap stuff for you.

This is how the old hub looked.

Z2rphBe.png

This is how the new one will be looking like.

LjXvBLm.png

Also working on providing an update to my Unleashed model mod. Since there were some people who didn't like the shoes and I'll provideo support for both Unleashed Shaders ( if those ever plan to get released when finished) and a Generations style one.

ygaqNH1.png

Also along with the Lost World Sonic Mod I did, I edited Lost World model just like Sega did and made Sonic Runners style out of it as well.

37oKaOr.png

So yes, I'm still working on things I just don't really speak about them since I have a full time job and school to go to.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 7 months later...

Bump.

After a year of the original creator leaving and a new creator taking over along with some quiet developement, the unleashed project is back in full swing!

From S0lv0 at Retro:

Hey! I know Unleashed Project stuff has been super quiet, and I'm really sorry, but I've been working in that time! I'm celebrating the New Year with the launch of a new channel to host Unleashed Project's update content, and I plan for content updates consistently throughout the year, as I also want to have it finalized in 2016. Please check it out and subscribe, if you can. I can't hope to reach the kind of audience the original release did, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to work my hardest regardless.

Also new trailer (which I can't embed because of that stupid embed bug):
https://youtu.be/RCRsWtkSFiQ

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Also new trailer (which I can't embed because of that stupid embed bug):

https://youtu.be/RCRsWtkSFiQ

So is there anything new displayed in this trailer that I happened to miss or is it just a "yes, we're still alive" type of clip.

Either way, glad to see that this mod is still being worked on and that they're planning on including the DLC stages. It'll be great to have everything I enjoyed about Unleashed in one convenient package.

Not much from what I can tell other then the new remix track made by Falk, but it looks like Twilightzoney finished his HD Unleashed model for Sonic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, seeing the outskirts of Windmill Isle run at 60FPS sure looks rather stunning. I'm looking forward to see them add in Savannah Citadel Act 5 and Arid Sands Act 3.

Still has those really blah looking grass textures from Sonic Unleashed. It's one of those aspects of the game's visual direction that's always looked rather mediocre to me. Still though, it's nice being able to run this stuff on PC at all.

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't see any point of this "continuation" aka "2.0 original 100% project" I don't get her even more now, because of what happened today. Asks for feedback and in the same time doesn't accept any mistakes and makes all by her own rules. And then blocks me for that. How is this not wrong, anyway?

Really upset because of this. S0LV0 has fallen down in my eyes.

As she someday posted a comment to the work of my friend: "Good luck to... whatever this is."

So, same to you...

Edited by Spееdy
Pointless "grudge with the creator" crossed out

Really can't wait for this, as I haven't been able to get any of the Unleashed adventure packs to work. Every other mod I've tried works except those, it's weird. 

6 hours ago, Spееdy said:

While I don't see any point of this "continuation" aka "2.0 original 100% project" I don't get her even more now, because of what happened today. Asks for feedback and in the same time doesn't accept any mistakes and makes all by her own rules. And then blocks me for that. How is this not wrong, anyway?

Really upset because of this. S0LV0 has fallen down in my eyes.

As she someday posted a comment to the work of my friend: "Good luck to... whatever this is."

So, same to you...

Your off-site grudge with the creator has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you have nothing to discuss about the Unleashed Project itself besides this, don't bother posting.

6 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Your off-site grudge with the creator has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you have nothing to discuss about the Unleashed Project itself besides this, don't bother posting.

Okay, I'm really sorry for this.

And I said my personal opinion to the Unleashed Project, how it is not a discussion. The rest was pointless, I agree.

6 hours ago, Spееdy said:

I don't see any point of this "continuation" aka "2.0 original 100% project"

Anyway, what a mod says is not to be disputed, so I'd better close my mouth real quick...

You don't see the point in porting all of Unleashed in one mod? It makes a lot of sense. 

I wonder why they can't port the extra acts as challenge gates, though - the proposed solution seems a little clunky. I guess the games code doesn't allow the same level of modding for those?

The mission gates are far more limited, however they can be used for some of Unleashed's acts that revolve around ring or chao collecting.