Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Generations Mod Project

goku262002

I thought so, thanks. I guess those are linked to a bunch of different things - the music notes, boss keys, character models in the acts themselves, etc that isn't feasible to remove?

I guess the mods-within-mods aspect of S0lv0's is the best way there is - the alternative would be something like the nightmare that is Briannuuu's Sonic 06 Project/Tropical Resort mod, for instance. 

I don't know why, but lately I've been getting a strange error on the fxpipeline exe, it usually says that Steam is not running. Happens on the main exe too, any ideas why?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a clean game+steam installation and it's now working. Some files must have messed up.

Going back on topic, the Unleashed 2.0 project looks very good, I can't wait to replay all these DLC levels! The mods that came out before this one are nowhere near as polished, so I'm looking forward to this.

EDIT2: Nope, got the error message again, from the fxpipeline exe. Tried renaming it to SonicGenerations.exe and it worked, but I didn't have to do this at all before yesterday, has something changed?

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists. Main difference between UP\my packs is... My packs have some post UP researches and hacks (like SU physics, cameras, objects), and done more like SU conversion, not remake.

Idk why S0LV0 try call mod 'Unleased Project 2.0', because all old crew (except Zoney) left SG modding scene.

PS. Now i'm workin on new update Holoska. Stay Tuned!

16 minutes ago, N69 said:

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists.

Are you sure about that?

On 2/18/2016 at 6:24 AM, Sonikko said:

Going back on topic, the Unleashed 2.0 project looks very good, I can't wait to replay all these DLC levels! The mods that came out before this one are nowhere near as polished, so I'm looking forward to this.

26 minutes ago, N69 said:

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists. Main difference between UP\my packs is... My packs have some post UP researches and hacks (like SU physics, cameras, objects), and done more like SU conversion, not remake.

Idk why S0LV0 try call mod 'Unleased Project 2.0', because all old crew (except Zoney) left SG modding scene.

If you want to actually post your own work, do so in the showcase rather than registering here to fuel whatever arbitrarily personal beef you have. Don't hijack this thread to do it. If you can do better, good for you. But this is the second time someone in here's had to turn this shindig into something personal and quite frankly y'all need to have some courtesy rather than treating this as some competition.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, N69 said:

Honestly, I never got why that airplane section was included in the first place. Ok I get it, you want to get as close as possible to Unleashed, but it doesn't work in Generations at all. The original level resembled Sky Chase from SA1, in the DLC pack mod it was just 2-3 minutes of waiting for the cutscene to be over... It doesn't make any sense at all! This is just one of the reasons why IMHO S0lvo's project is better, it's not a 1:1 recreation, it's more like an adaption to the Generations framework, and some people, like me, like that better. It's just different, don't take it as a challenge!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Honestly, I never got why that airplane section was included in the first place. Ok I get it, you want to get as close as possible to Unleashed, but it doesn't work in Generations at all. The original level resembled Sky Chase from SA1, in the DLC pack mod it was just 2-3 minutes of waiting for the cutscene to be over... It doesn't make any sense at all! This is just one of the reasons why IMHO S0lvo's project is better, it's not a 1:1 recreation, it's more like an adaption to the Generations framework, and some people, like me, like that better. It's just different, don't take it as a challenge!

Yeah, air plane is borring and ugly section. But game have 1 weird thing, if you not finish GHZ act 1 game not save you progress. Initally i make super sonic flight into this level, but scrap it (classic sonic and some objects crash game) and replace to this.

And really. No any SG\SU framework. It's absolutly same game engine. Sonic Team just drop SU related gimmics and "tweak" (read as screw up) Sonic physics.

If you think the physics are "screwed up" that's fine, but clearly not everyone agrees with you, so it would be totally cool if you'd stop advertising and bashing in someone else's threads/videos.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, N69 said:

Yeah, air plane is borring and ugly section. But game have 1 weird thing, if you not finish GHZ act 1 game not save you progress. Initally i make super sonic flight into this level, but scrap it (classic sonic and some objects crash game) and replace to this.

And really. No any SG\SU framework. It's absolutly same game engine. Sonic Team just drop SU related gimmics and "tweak" (read as screw up) Sonic physics.

The engine is clearly the same, still they had adifferent frame of mind when designing Generations levels and physics, that's what I meant. 

He ran into some roadblocks cracking the shader format, and hasn't entirely had the time to dedicate to it, with his work position and all.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Y'know if you remove the HUD you can easily fool anyone into thinking Unleashed is for PC now.

This mod has progressed soo much in such a short frame of time.

9 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Y'know if you remove the HUD you can easily fool anyone into thinking Unleashed is for PC now.

but Unleashed didn't have balloons

9 minutes ago, Wentos said:

but Unleashed didn't have balloons

True but it wouldn't take much to remove them and someone who hasn't played Unleashed in a good while wouldn't remember such a small detail.

• 1 year later...

I need help on this mod (this is my very first time installing a mod). The game keeps spawning me in weird locations. I recorded a short video about this:

can you help me with this? Did I did something wrong?
EDIT:solved by deactivating every other mod

• 2 years later...
On 7/13/2014 at 3:53 AM, Voyant said:

Sorry to bump a old tread like this, but I managed to run into a major problem when running this mod. I can only get to the menu screen in Sonic Generations. 

If I press New Game the games goes to the level loading screen and then eventually crashes. If I press continue then I get the forever loading screen that people are talking about. The level loading scree crash tells me me that its a Visual Run Time Error or something like that.

I tried practically everything and have only heard one mention of this from someone else but he/she was never replied to. What really weird is that other level modes work fine. Just not this mod.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Were you able to find a fix for the bug? Today I tried replaying the mod after a long time but it just didn't work (exact same issue you had). Also I know it's literely been 6 years, I just had nothing to do in quarentine...