Jump to content
goku262002

Sonic Unleashed Generations Mod Project

Recommended Posts

I thought so, thanks. I guess those are linked to a bunch of different things - the music notes, boss keys, character models in the acts themselves, etc that isn't feasible to remove?

I guess the mods-within-mods aspect of S0lv0's is the best way there is - the alternative would be something like the nightmare that is Briannuuu's Sonic 06 Project/Tropical Resort mod, for instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why, but lately I've been getting a strange error on the fxpipeline exe, it usually says that Steam is not running. Happens on the main exe too, any ideas why?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a clean game+steam installation and it's now working. Some files must have messed up.

Going back on topic, the Unleashed 2.0 project looks very good, I can't wait to replay all these DLC levels! The mods that came out before this one are nowhere near as polished, so I'm looking forward to this.

 

EDIT2: Nope, got the error message again, from the fxpipeline exe. Tried renaming it to SonicGenerations.exe and it worked, but I didn't have to do this at all before yesterday, has something changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists. Main difference between UP\my packs is... My packs have some post UP researches and hacks (like SU physics, cameras, objects), and done more like SU conversion, not remake.

Idk why S0LV0 try call mod 'Unleased Project 2.0', because all old crew (except Zoney) left SG modding scene.

PS. Now i'm workin on new update Holoska. Stay Tuned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, N69 said:

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists.

Are you sure about that?

On 2/18/2016 at 6:24 AM, Sonikko said:

Going back on topic, the Unleashed 2.0 project looks very good, I can't wait to replay all these DLC levels! The mods that came out before this one are nowhere near as polished, so I'm looking forward to this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, N69 said:

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists. Main difference between UP\my packs is... My packs have some post UP researches and hacks (like SU physics, cameras, objects), and done more like SU conversion, not remake.

Idk why S0LV0 try call mod 'Unleased Project 2.0', because all old crew (except Zoney) left SG modding scene.

PS. Now i'm workin on new update Holoska. Stay Tuned!

If you want to actually post your own work, do so in the showcase rather than registering here to fuel whatever arbitrarily personal beef you have. Don't hijack this thread to do it. If you can do better, good for you. But this is the second time someone in here's had to turn this shindig into something personal and quite frankly y'all need to have some courtesy rather than treating this as some competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N69 said:

I think not all know about another DLC acts ports, but it's exists. Main difference between UP\my packs is... My packs have some post UP researches and hacks (like SU physics, cameras, objects), and done more like SU conversion, not remake.

Idk why S0LV0 try call mod 'Unleased Project 2.0', because all old crew (except Zoney) left SG modding scene.

PS. Now i'm workin on new update Holoska. Stay Tuned!

Honestly, I never got why that airplane section was included in the first place. Ok I get it, you want to get as close as possible to Unleashed, but it doesn't work in Generations at all. The original level resembled Sky Chase from SA1, in the DLC pack mod it was just 2-3 minutes of waiting for the cutscene to be over... It doesn't make any sense at all! This is just one of the reasons why IMHO S0lvo's project is better, it's not a 1:1 recreation, it's more like an adaption to the Generations framework, and some people, like me, like that better. It's just different, don't take it as a challenge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Honestly, I never got why that airplane section was included in the first place. Ok I get it, you want to get as close as possible to Unleashed, but it doesn't work in Generations at all. The original level resembled Sky Chase from SA1, in the DLC pack mod it was just 2-3 minutes of waiting for the cutscene to be over... It doesn't make any sense at all! This is just one of the reasons why IMHO S0lvo's project is better, it's not a 1:1 recreation, it's more like an adaption to the Generations framework, and some people, like me, like that better. It's just different, don't take it as a challenge!

Yeah, air plane is borring and ugly section. But game have 1 weird thing, if you not finish GHZ act 1 game not save you progress. Initally i make super sonic flight into this level, but scrap it (classic sonic and some objects crash game) and replace to this.

And really. No any SG\SU framework. It's absolutly same game engine. Sonic Team just drop SU related gimmics and "tweak" (read as screw up) Sonic physics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, N69 said:

Yeah, air plane is borring and ugly section. But game have 1 weird thing, if you not finish GHZ act 1 game not save you progress. Initally i make super sonic flight into this level, but scrap it (classic sonic and some objects crash game) and replace to this.

And really. No any SG\SU framework. It's absolutly same game engine. Sonic Team just drop SU related gimmics and "tweak" (read as screw up) Sonic physics.

The engine is clearly the same, still they had adifferent frame of mind when designing Generations levels and physics, that's what I meant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need help on this mod (this is my very first time installing a mod). The game keeps spawning me in weird locations. I recorded a short video about this:

can you help me with this? Did I did something wrong?
EDIT:solved by deactivating every other mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.