Awoo.

Best Sonic fanart ever

Kamakai

In light of my recent mistake by making the "bad fanart topic, I hope this thread is enough to make a decent apology: The BEST Sonic fanart ever!  There was one image online I saw of Sonic and Land forme Shaymin (from Pokemon) in a field. I thought it looked great. Thoughts?

My DeviantArt 'Sonic The Hedgehog' favourites

MissYuna- Fellow forum-goer with brilliant Sonic fanart, ragigng from the cool and dynamic to silly and funny.

MRi -Extremely good with lighting, dynamic and colorful

Saku666 - Very simular to MRi's style, though tends to be a bit more surreal, some dark stuff.

Just...this picture -Since the creator isn't much of a Sonic fanartist. Some level fanart of Pumpkin hill, looking very eerie and very awesome, the photorealistic warning signs about the dangers of ghosts really make the picture

Edited by Mysterics

Some of my favorite art comes from this artist named sasi_sage

His art style is very unique and identifiable. I sometimes see some of it come up on my Tumblr dashboard every now and then, but I can always tell they drew it.

621645807.png

Hold a great deal of bright colors and shading, as well as some very nice facial expressions being done on both Sonic and Shadow.

646451850.png

More awesome looking art on Sonic here, it's got that similar glossy type look that the first one also had.

666213077.png

Sometimes Sonic is mixed with other games too, which comes out awesome too.

• Thumbs Up 7

I love the style of Dr. Mechano's Ask Eggman tumblr. Besides being a really clever and creative comic, its art is very cheerful, simple and fun, which makes it very upbeat and nice. Definitely check it out.

Pretty much anything done by BlazeCake.

excalibur_sonic_by_blazecake-d4rndfy.png

One of my personal favorites. I found this one on Tumblr as well just a few weeks ago, actually, so it's pretty cool to see the DeviantArt account where it came from.

• Thumbs Up 7

^MRi, their best-known Sonic fanart, I do love that gold aura.

chibi-jen-hen is probably my favorite Sonic artist right now. She has enough variety in her gallery that I never get bored of her art.

Example

I love that one, really cute, Mighty living up to his name I see.

Edited by Mysterics

http://alkalineazel.deviantart.com/

Pete Murphy, a colourist for STCO. His work is fantastic, and he's still improving.

Not sure how much Adamis comes here, but your lineart and Pete's colouring has given STCO some of it's best artwork!

I come here quite often. Thanks for the compliment. We have lots of surprises coming soon (look at my sig) !

Well it seems many of my favorite artists have already been mentioned but I'll throw in JoeAdok in there. He does some great 2D and 3D art of game characters. One of my favs is this one of Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel. 

Also, I'd like to mention Tazi-san as well. I love her ink work, it's just so fluid and pleasing to look at. Like Joe she does much more than just Sonic art and I say give her whole gallery a look but seeing as this is a Sonic forum I'll link to one of her/Netraptor's comics (she did the art, but it's Netraptor's story).  

I must also give props to this piece of artwork by Default-Deviant.

back_to_basics_by_default_deviant-d40crt

This is probably my all-time favorite piece of Classic Sonic fan-artwork, period. Seeing the classic trio around that Eggman monitor is just so iconic, I just don't know how to describe it. The shading is great, and the poses and expressions are spot on. Seeing Angel Island, the Blue Sphere arena, and a planet in the same picture along with the amazing scenery and colors makes for a simply beautiful picture, I love it.

also tails looks so cute in this picture asdfghjkl

• Thumbs Up 7

__goodbye___by_dansyron-d4cz14c.png

.:Goodbye:. Admit it, you never play Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) long enough to see

... see what?

I'll be honest, the faces on this are derpy.

• Thumbs Up 1

... see what?

I'll be honest, the faces on this are derpy.

The scene the artwork is based on.

Sonic_Team_Fortress_2_by_Toughset.jpg

Sonic Team Fortress 2  Pyro's a girl? Looks like they did more than just racing in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

cry_in_the_dark_by_glitcher-d5yf5y8.jpg

Cry in the Dark The Acorn Family is a danger magnet.

the_best_o_________friends_by_captainjam

The Best o' . . . Friends After losing the Console War who could blame him and where are his pupils?

Blaze_the_Cat_by_Ahyicodae.jpg

Blaze the Cat Well somebody's cheesed off.

• Thumbs Up 2

You have a good taste Kareemadeem, the artworks you post are awesome.

Edit: Here are some of my favorites, haven't done any of these, just saying:

DarkSonicvsSuperShadowbyILoveKnucklesSha

hyper_shadow.jpg

Shadow-1.jpg

SilverTheHedgehog.jpg

Yes, three of Shadow because he's awesome.

Edited by Mysterious X
  • Thumbs Up 1