Awoo.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct "We bury our loved ones, and trolololol the rest"

Badnik Mechanic

January 2013... Namco Bandai completely screws up the Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni.

February 2013... Aliens Colonial Marines is released.

March 2013... SimCity 5 is released.

It is now March 23rd 2013... just when gamers thought they had seen everything...

the-walking-dead-survival-instinct-walkt

This is a FPS... Doesn't that look exciting?

This game has a stupid title.

SI is a game, a videogame, made from pixels and polygons and... shapes. It was made by people who watched TV and one day saw a show called 'The Walking Dead' and decided, "Yeah! We should make a game based on a character who appears in only half of season 1 and 2 episodes of season 2 and... we've not seen the third season yet...!"

This game is currently selling for around £44.99 in most stores here in the UK... perspective time.

That is the same price as Ni No Kuni, more expensive than Metal Gear Rising and more expensive than a 12 month playstation plus subscription.

So you would expect this game to be a big title right? It's based off an amazingly popular TV show and is a FPS against zombies?

LOL! You have no idea.

Game length: You can not only beat the game in... just over an hour... yup the game is that short! The first time you play it, odds are you'll beat the game in around 2 hours, this is if you explore each area and depending how you chose to go through each town. But from what various trophy hunters at ps3trophies.org are saying, even if you have only a slight idea as to what to do and where to go, you can beat the game in under an hour.

Ai: My god...you all saw those videos of the Aliens Colonial Marines Ai right? You... You just don't....

LOOK AT IT! THE ZOMBIE HOARD IS ATTACKING A FENCE!

When he's being attacked by that mass group of zombies, they all get into a single file line and take turns to attack him, how on earth... WHY!?

I don't know what it is, but when you pull out the knife or certain other weapons, the textures on the characters arms and the weapon itself look so bad it's like someone is just putting pieces of paper on the screen as you play. And that compass, it doesn't look like it belongs on there at all, it looks like someone stuck the words most stupid compass on the tv screen as you play.

And reviewers too are also not that impressed either, most have scored it between 1 and 4 out of 10 and right now, it has a lower score on Metacritic than Aliens and SimCity and most of the reviews are not out yet.

Destructoid calls it "Unfinished"

EGM says "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is an absolute disaster from start to finish. It feels like Terminal Reality duct-taped several different half-finished projects together and assumed the brand tie-in would move units.

So anyone wanna take bets on April's gaming disaster?

Edit: Total biscuits review.

Angry Joes twitter feed....

vCWwIoV.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like we have another.... *puts sunglasses on* Shitty Game on our hands!cool.png

csi_miami_yeah.jpg

Seriously I am not surprised it looks a average game trying to cash in the first person Zombie craze only the other games like Left 4 Dead, Dead Island  and so on do a much better job at it. 

Edited by BW199148

It's just gaming disaster after gaming disaster isn't it? =/ And I thought Revelations 2012 and The War Z were bad enough last year!

Here's hoping that Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two is better than this game.

Telltale Games could shit in my mouth and it'd prolly be better than this game.

Actually... well no.

But Season Two will be better, there is no need to merely hope.

Kinda sad how it sounds like they were trying to cash in on the success of a point-and-click game by slapping it onto a far more popular genre.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, I remember the developers saying (in response to TWD being more about characters and interactions than ratatattat shooty shoot) that their game would contain "choices" too.  Did that amount to anything or was it just a load of PR bullshit of the highest caliber?

Edited by JezMM

Oh, I remember the developers saying (in response to TWD being more about characters and interactions than ratatattat shooty shoot) that their game would contain "choices" too.  Did that amount to anything or was it just a load of PR bullshit of the highest caliber?

From what I'm seeing, the game involves you travelling through small towns, when you arrive at a town you can either...

Go through it guns blazing.

Go through it with stealth.

Other choices include "Do I take this survivor with me or not"

So basically, nothing much.

• Thumbs Up 1

The best part of all this? The game is set before the first episode of the TV series. However, it doesn't finish at the start of where these characters come into it. It ends a long time before that... and on a cliffhanger.

So odds are there will be a sequel.

Telltale Games could shit in my mouth and it'd prolly be better than this game.

Actually... well no.

But Season Two will be better, there is no need to merely hope.

Well, yeah, of course Season Two will be better. I worded my post in a shitty way.

As long as they don't do another bittersweet ending like the one in the Season One. 

God damned Lee, you didn't deserve that fate.

How does this game end anyway?

With the player throwing the controller to the floor before going on twitter and typing 'this game is shit #walkingdeadsurvivalinstinct'

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, yeah, of course Season Two will be better. I worded my post in a shitty way.

As long as they don't do another bittersweet ending like the one in the Season One. 

God damned Lee, you didn't deserve that fate.

overall, it ends like a shitty Version of Call of Duty Zombie Mode

a pity, since Daryl is my Favourite Character on the show, but I can't say I'm dissapointed since I fully expected it to turn out to be shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just gaming disaster after gaming disaster isn't it? =/ And I thought Revelations 2012 and The War Z were bad enough last year!

I wouldn't say its that bad at the moment.

Revelations was bad? huh.png

Here's hoping that Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two is better than this game.

Vomiting on a frozen dog turd would still look more attractive than this game.sleep.png

The best part of all this? The game is set before the first episode of the TV series. However, it doesn't finish at the start of where these characters come into it. It ends a long time before that... and on a cliffhanger.

So odds are there will be a sequel.

After the reception this game is getting who would mad enough to make a sequel to this?

To be honest though this not much to be mad about as I expect this game to really average unlike Sim City and Aliens: Colonial Marines were from initial previews I expected something decent which turn out to massive FUBAR Games.

I was honestly considering this game for a while, I said to myself "It may be bad Scott, but it's a zombie FPS, how can it go wrong" then I questioned myself, saying "But Scott, it's published by Activision, you know it's only gonna be full of blasphemy gameplay..".

I then responded to myself again, asking "What, you think it'll play like COD?" then lastly responded to myself once again and thought "yup".

But no, it turned out even worse than that, might as well tack on an online mode (COD clone). If I ever see it for as low as £5, then I'll get it.

Revelations was bad? huh.png

Maybe you got it confused with another game in your head, because Revelations 2012 was utterly panned across the entire internet.  It's the Mayan apocalypse themed Source game which was basically made by taking Left 4 Dead's game engine* and modifying it into a Frankenstein's monster of terrible game design and completely uninteresting characters and story.

*It should be noted that this was done legally through getting official access to the Source Development Kit, but doesn't make it any less cheap or obvious through the use of tons of Left 4 Dead UI and game engine features that haven't been hidden with much more than a different font for the text.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe you got it confused with another game in your head, because Revelations 2012 was utterly panned across the entire internet.  It's the Mayan apocalypse themed Source game which was basically made by taking Left 4 Dead's game engine* and modifying it into a Frankenstein's monster of terrible game design and completely uninteresting characters and story.

*It should be noted that this was done legally through getting official access to the Source Development Kit, but doesn't make it any less cheap or obvious through the use of tons of Left 4 Dead UI and game engine features that haven't been hidden with much more than a different font for the text.

Oh sorry I thought she meant Resident Evil: Revelations. By Bad.tongue.png

Sorry Gabz. smile.png

EDIT: I think I have heard of that game actually and that it used Left 4 Dead as its basis.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1