Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

It's hard to get an honest opinion about it, you know? I mean, probably 90% of the fan base is just like "Meh, too many glitches, normal is impossible!" or something cruddy like that.

Worst part is, no Trophies for '06! D":

I almost cried when I found out I did all that S Ranking for nothing, lol.

I knew what I was going for when I 100% 06, I knew it was all for nothing but I'm a completionist and 100% all Sonic games I have except Shadow because crew getting all 32-something story sequences. Granted a lot of people metioned 06 on the PS3 had the more glitches but the few times I encountered that screwed me over was when the whale chase sequence, part of the bridge didn't load and fell to my death, that one glitch at the end of Wave Ocean's mach speed  section and that one part in Shadow's Crisis City.

I'm issuing Indigo Rush as my first exhibit that Sonic 06 is not a bad game, but in fact an impeccably-made relic of Lovecraftian horror.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, 06 is so bad it's good kind of. I might even say that it's somewhat underrated, but it still felt and somewhat played like an Adventure game but due to a bad direction and not enough development time, we've got the game we had.

Tell me how the original song goes and maybe I'll try. XD

I'm actually serious about this surprisingly! 

Edited by Soni
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was the best post ive ever seen, indigo you have officially won the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I cannot believe I just read Indigo's whole post while actually singing the lyrics he made.

Someone has too much time on their hands...:lol:

• Thumbs Up 5

You. Did. Not...

This topic is always good for laughs.

Discoid now owns the internet, moving on.

Seriously though, man. Love how you literally just did that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I tried.

You.

Me.

The bed.

NOW.

I might put that music to video clips rather than static images later, but still, Discoid,you're the man.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think you need to watch this again since Eggman clearly stated he found the Time Eater after failing in Colors, so he was in space. I'm not trying to defend the game's story but don't make false accusations of it. 

Also, Eggman mentioned it's name in the 3DS version so what are you trying to say?

This doesn't go on to disprove my point except for the part where I recalled him to have been in a white void. That's literally the only thing that's answered. He's in space, and he found the time eater. That is it.

Like I said

The game basically says, Eggman was playing around one day and he found another monster of the wekk to beat Sonic! Woohoo!

Since both of them have to do with time travel and 06 succeeds at explaining more EVEN THOUGH the time traveling isn't consistent is more credible from by my standards.

And what does the mention of him have to do with anything in the 3DS version? It still doesn't explain him, so whats the difference?

Killing Sonic in the most pathetic way ever doesn't make him good though

Right... >_>

Especially since NO ONE ELSE has succeeded in defeating him, NOT EVEN HIS ARCH NEMESIS.

What he does in order to be seen as the most dangerous threat in the games is not really enough to call him an actually decent and competent villain...and what he can do to be dangerous doesn't even matter since almost all of his dangerous vibes were beaten down by Shadow...and since he used a Laser beam to Cheap shot Sonic, we can't even tell how much he could've been an actually Dangerous foe to fight Sonic.

Just like Eggman (At least his more recent incarnations), and alot of other villains from almost every action adventure video game like Zelda's Villains, Mario's Villains, Kirby's Villains, ECT. I am open for debate on this however.

But anyway, Mephiles is very well COMPETENT, By definition in fact.

Competent:

adjective

1. 1.
    having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.
    "a highly competent surgeon"

Mephiles has the knowledge of almost everything, he has the skill to defeat Shadow, or at least stall him (Ending of Shadow's Story), and he has the temporal ability of time travel at his disposal. And since he actually had the capability to keep all three of the main protagonists at bay AND defeat Sonic to have his plans succeed shows that he is very well capable of being considered competent.

That doesn't necessarily make him "good," though. The Time Eater was at the very least as powerful as him (at least Shadow could actually hurt him -- both Sonics, who could go toe-to-toe against Shadow, couldn't do jack squat against the Time Eater), and it made for a boring antagonist.

That's stupid, the Time eater Cheap shoted both Sonic's just like Mephiles. Distract, and Kill, then the chaos emeralds bring them back to life. And BTW, Mephiles isn't SUPPOSED to be strong. He's the mastermind of Solaris. A Fairer comparison would be to compare Solaris to the Time Eater, and in that comparison Solaris would win. HE exists everywhere at once, and he cannot be defeated in one place in time, he has to be defeated in the past, present and future, while the time eater has to be killed... in a clock... tunnel???

I don't recall the hedgehogs being able to do anything to solaris without the chaos emeralds either so what's your point? 

And I would like to point out that Mephiles IS part of Solaris therefore making him just as credible there are in his regular state.

1) It is when you state it as fact to support your argument time and time again and then change your story when backed into a corner and proved what you said was made up.

2) No, don't even try to change your story again.

You used that topic as an example to show Lost World was as glitchy as Sonic 06, when the topic itself proves this is not the case.

3) That's an outright lie and you know it.

4) This is utterly ridiculous as well as a completely weak attempt to forge an argument.

"Oh I can't defend this so I'll just compare it to something else and if people don't side with me they must be biased."

Sonic 06 is crap, everything about it is crap. That is based on my stance from playing the game and nearly 8 years of people looking at it and examining it.

That does not prevent me from also stating that Secret Rings is amazingly average and a bad game due to terrible controls and a step learning curve. But at least it's somewhat playable unlike Sonic 06.

That does not prevent me from heavily criticising Lost World due to poor design decisions, confusing artistic direction, step learning curve and being overall a painfully average game.

5) I don't think you understand what programming or programming glitches are anymore. Especially when it comes to comparing one game to another.

1) You mean like everyone else here?

"Oh, the Music in 06 is terrible"

"Oh, It's impossible to beat the game because it's so glitchy"

"Oh, Mephiles is a dumb villain and Eggman isn't"

Yet, I'm the one you seem to point out huh? I realize that just because everyone else has done it, that doesn't make it better, yet you neglect to realize this in anyone else (Or fail to point it out, in which case this is an understatement).

If your going to correct me about it then why didn't you correct anyone else? Biased

2) No I didn't. But since your so sure of this then why didn't you quote me saying such things? The only thing that was aimed to prove was that Lost World had the same kings of glitches and the same occurences of glitches in it. I didn't say that they were immediately bad just because of assosiation, everyone else just picked that up from it. 

3) WHAT!? Your lying. In fact, I just went back to that same topic and NO ONE said that these glitches were intentional. The only instance of this is one person posting Paraxade0 and DSS videos of them breaking the game EVERYONE ELSE encountered these glitches on AVERAGE PLAYTHROUGHS.

4) Your putting words into my mouth. I've already stated (3 times in fact, in the last POST that YOU QUOTED in fact) that I never saw these as annoyances in the first place. They are still "problems" on everyone else's standards however. I'm simply pointing them out in other games. If this game has to be torn apart then I expect any other game with the same issues to be torn apart as well. But is it??? NO! It's Nit Picking, once again. And if I know the peeps on this forum well enough, I know that SOMEONE is going to point out that it's collective. But that doesn't matter. It's still a problem, and yet it's ignored ever so often in every other game.

5) The last post was worded improperly.

I'd like to re-elaborate:

Since many, if not all of the glitches in Lost World, are almost exactly the same as many glitches in 06, then it should be reflected as such. You don't even hear anyone griping about the programming errors of Lost World. Many say that it's nearly perfect. 

Or we could do another SSMB SINGS with this song.

It would be hilarious:D

I might have something planned.

Right... >_>

Especially since NO ONE ELSE has succeeded in defeating him, NOT EVEN HIS ARCH NEMESIS.

Just like Eggman (At least his more recent incarnations), and alot of other villains from almost every action adventure video game like Zelda's Villains, Mario's Villains, Kirby's Villains, ECT. I am open for debate on this however.

But anyway, Mephiles is very well COMPETENT, By definition in fact.

Competent:

adjective

1. 1.
    having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.
    "a highly competent surgeon"

Succeeding to do something no other villain did doesn't make him a better villain if its something that could be done at any point in the game without all of the unnecessary and terribly written story that doesn't even forshadow the event, if it ruins the main character of the series in the process, and  if doing it the way he did it made 2/3 of every thing else in the story entirely redundant.

He has the Ability to kill Sonic successfully...that's it, if he had the Knowledge of how to do it he would've had a plan that'd end up being much less complicated and more logical step progression and he wouldn't have wasted time going after Shadow for no reason...if he had the Skill to complete his plan successfully, he wouldn't have made such a poorly crafted plan and he wouldn't have needed Silver or anyone else to complete objectives in his plan that he could've easily done.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm considering making it for the SSMB Music Album, but there's a lot of work that would need to be done. I'd like to touch up the lyrics a bit first.

That aside, I don't want to see this topic detailed too much from the discussion at hand, so we can discuss this song at a later time if you guys want. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Succeeding to do something no other villain did doesn't make him a better villain if its something that could be done at any point in the game without all of the unnecessary and terribly written story that doesn't even forshadow the event, if it ruins the main character of the series in the process, and  if doing it the way he did it made 2/3 of every thing else in the story entirely redundant.

He has the Ability to kill Sonic successfully...that's it, if he had the Knowledge of how to do it he would've had a plan that'd end up being much less complicated and more logical step progression and he wouldn't have wasted time going after Shadow for no reason...if he had the Skill to complete his plan successfully, he wouldn't have made such a poorly crafted plan and he wouldn't have needed Silver or anyone else to complete objectives in his plan that he could've easily done.

Did I say that it made him a better villain? No. I was pointing out his credibility since he has the ABILITY and SKILL to do such, while no one else does.

What are you talking about? If Mephiles Didn't have the knowledge his plan wouldn't succeed.Almost Everything he does is due to his knowledge of almost everything. He tricks silver to subdue Sonic. He Kills Sonic to release Iblis. He releases Iblis to become Solaris and everything else is just for general destruction. Skill doesn't come from forming plans. That's part of his Knowledge. Either way, His convoluted plan isn't supposed to be cunning. In fact, if Mephiles can't fit this bill than No one can in the sonic universe, when it comes to villains at least. Aren't Villains supposed to be unpredictable? Making a plan complex would make it very difficult for anyone including the audience to predict their next move. This has been done several times outside of the Sonic Universe. 

Keep in mind this quote before you respond 

"You only crave Destruction"

-Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

His plan succeeded by coincidence...nothing else.

Silver had nothing to do with how mephiles killed Sonic in the end, so that part of the plan was unnecessary. His knowledge had nothing to do with his plan succeeding, his goal was reached...nothing in his plan worked at all in reaching his goal besides Killing Sonic and Elise crying, both of which he did himself. You'd think that if he was suppose to be written as unpredictable in his actions to reach his goal, that pieces of how he managed to actually achieve his goal would come together in the end...not being able to connect how his actions come together is why Mephiles is seen as incompetent...nothing about his actions actually form a coherent plan under the surface of what was actually happening.

Making a villain unpredictable doesn't make them any more of a good villain, it can still be badly written and its not the way Mephiles was written, since nothing of his actions have any deeply hidden connection. Usually a Villain doing unpredicatable things would be seen as clever, only if those things had any actual connection to make sense and its a sign of good writing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This doesn't go on to disprove my point except for the part where I recalled him to have been in a white void. That's literally the only thing that's answered. He's in space, and he found the time eater. That is it.

Like I said

Since both of them have to do with time travel and 06 succeeds at explaining more EVEN THOUGH the time traveling isn't consistent is more credible from by my standards.

And what does the mention of him have to do with anything in the 3DS version? It still doesn't explain him, so whats the difference?

Right... >_>

Well Generations didn't really go into time travel that much though. In 06, the game lacked focus on what happens in each time period. Like when Silver goes back to his timeline after helping Sonic through Kingdom Valley, his future is still the same therefore, Sonic still failed. Wouldn't it be a better idea if Silver should've just went with Sonic to save Elise as well, this is my problem with the game. This story is an excuse for all three sub stories to have some sort of reason to go to each level the game has to offer. Was there really any purpose for Sonic and Tails to go to Wave Ocean not once but TWICE! Actually when I think about it how the hell did Omega got into the future in the first place to help Shadow fight Mephiles? Okay, here's what I can remember at the moment, Rouge goes to Tropical Jungle to find Omega. First off, why did Omega go to Tropical Jungle in the first place? So Rouge gave Omega a Chaos Emerald and told him to hide somewhere and go into standby mode for about 200 years to find Shadow, give him the emerald and assist in stopping Mephiles. My head hurts just by trying to make sense of this, it's so convoluted and while Generations doesn't explain where did the Time Eater come from and it was a pure coincidence that Eggman found it, atleast I don't get a fucking headache trying to make sense of the plot. So no, 06 does not justify time travel better than Generations, you can't convince otherwise. This story is a mess and the writers probably didn't know what they were doing either.

Well there was that one point where Eggman was really fucking close to killing Sonic in Adventure 2, if Sonic didn't saw Shadow using Chaos Control, the guy would be pretty much dead. I don't think that Sonic using Chaos Control was an asspull as somecallmeJohnny thinks, Sonic has already established a connection with the Chaos Energy resonating in the emeralds so when Tails said that he made a fake emerald that has the similar abilities, it was probably enough for Sonic to Chaos Control out of that capsule and saving his ass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mephiles has the knowledge of almost everything, he has the skill to defeat Shadow, or at least stall him (Ending of Shadow's Story), and he has the temporal ability of time travel at his disposal. And since he actually had the capability to keep all three of the main protagonists at bay AND defeat Sonic to have his plans succeed shows that he is very well capable of being considered competent.

See, now this is why I think Mephiles was a better villain that most believe him to be.