Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Metal Sonic is going to be in the pc "remake" of Sonic 2006!

I can't wait for some new gameplay!

3452933.jpg

post-9975-0-08271000-1444511762.jpeg

Edited by Sonikko
  • Thumbs Up 6

Where's this from and what's it about?  A complete retooling of 06 to pretty much transform it into a different game (yet again)?

• Thumbs Up 1

Where's this from and what's it about?  A complete retooling of 06 to pretty much transform it into a different game (yet again)?

Well it more like a direct port with some minor gameplay quirks and hopefully remove the glitches

This guy has made a custom engine in Unity, which has momentum based gameplay, and is porting 2006 assets to it, including cutscenes, to make a full-on remake of the game. It looks very good so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks grand, and its a very ambitious project. hopefully he finishes but if he doesn't then I want that engine open sourced at least.

Huh, guess this project can make 06 pretty decent to play, it will still probably pretty tedious to play with all the combat sections in Shadow and Silver's story but I guess the decent Sonic levels will actually be fun and having Metal would be really cool!

Well, he's tweaking the gameplay, for example you can now jump out of Sonic's spin dash. I think he is going to include some kind of aiming tecnique for Silver. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't enjoy Sonic '06, but I certainly didn't hate it like a lot of people in the community. However, I do like to push myself when playing it. Not too long ago I just cleared all S Ranks for Sonic's stages, one of my greatest achievements in Sonic. c:

I feel like Sonic '06 has this charm to it that I like. Or it could be the fact that I absolutely love playing glitchy games!

Speaking of Sonic '06, does anyone know how to get the "Nights of Kronos" achievement? I think you have to beat both missions in the Last Story with S Ranks, but that doesn't seem possible with how challenging End of the World can be. Even at my best on that stage, I only got a B.

I only recently learned of this project last night, coincidentally while making a playlist on my iPod that follows the tracklist of SA1, but mainly using music from '06 (Tikal has My Destiny [Karaoke]).  I  then showed this topic to a Canadian friend of mine (Geno from the Cutstuff forums) and she was a bit surprised.  Especially when I brought up that this may fix Silver's AI, so that he doesn't stunlock you with "Take this!  It's no use (ad infinitum)"

Will Silver go fast?

If the team is planning to restore the Power Gems to their original what-they-were-supposed-to-do states then Silver should have a speed Gem and speed upgrades (which are still in the games coding) handy.

Hopefully the recreation team is researching all that was found when CulT, Retro, and other groups looked at the games innards ages ago. hell I want that Super Gem to be restored it was real stupid for Sonic Team to never have finished that Gem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kind of a shame that the Sonic '06 port will be PC only. Then again, there's not really a way they could make a disk of it for an Xbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Has the idea of remaking Sonic '06 for the franchises 25th anniversary and it's 10th anniversary ever been brought up? I'd love to see it with Generation's models...

and an Unleashed style Elise (seriously the human models in that game were Pixar quality stuff!)

Has the idea of remaking Sonic '06 for the franchises 25th anniversary and it's 10th anniversary ever been brought up? I'd love to see it with Generation's models...

and an Unleashed style Elise (seriously the human models in that game were Pixar quality stuff!)

I don't think SEGA/Sonic Team will ever consider remaking Sonic '06. :c

I don't think SEGA/Sonic Team will ever consider remaking Sonic '06. :c

it's a shame too, the CGI cutscenes in the game still look amazing by today's standards. just take out all the humanxhedgehog garbage and fix the glitches and it probably wouldn't be that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's a shame too, the CGI cutscenes in the game still look amazing by today's standards. just take out all the humanxhedgehog garbage and fix the glitches and it probably wouldn't be that bad.

I've seen people saying Sonic 06 CGI cutscenes makes it look like a Final Fantasy game...which I don't mind because I do like FF and the CGI cutscenes in 06 were beautiful. But I'm just letting you know that it has been criticized.

I can't remember where, but I've actually heard a joke of someone expressing their views on the opening cinematic of '06, saying "is this Final Fantasy or Sonic the Hedgehog?"

Oh, and I'm sure everyone here is aware of YouTube user Clement's review on Sonic '06, right?

It's like 3 1/2 hours long!

The biggest rant on any video game I've ever seen, and it's actually kind of funny too. But man, you have to be dedicated to watch it all in one sitting.

I can't remember where, but I've actually heard a joke of someone expressing their views on the opening cinematic of '06, saying "is this Final Fantasy or Sonic the Hedgehog?"

Oh, and I'm sure everyone here is aware of YouTube user Clement's review on Sonic '06, right?

It's like 3 1/2 hours long!

The biggest rant on any video game I've ever seen, and it's actually kind of funny too. But man, you have to be dedicated to watch it all in one sitting.

Was it Dunkey you were thinking of? That video was hilarious!

Was it Dunkey you were thinking of? That video was hilarious!

No, I'm pretty sure it was Clement. But I'll have to watch that video when I get a second. c:

Next sonic 00Shadow-largeBlaze06

I have a question.  Would it have been a better idea to have Blaze as the third main character in '06?

Think about it.  Yeah her backstory got changed but at least fans were already familiar with her character,  Also, after playing the game myself, she is a much more fun character to play with than Silver (her speed and abilities are better than Sonic's!).  If anything, Silver should have been her sidekick.  What do you guys think?  Would making Blaze the third main be good or am I just replacing one bad idea with another?

Edited by FireBird75

Well, I really don't know how to answer your question.

Personally, I liked Silver as the 3rd main character. But I don't think of Silver's crew as Silver being the main hero and Blaze is the sidekick, but I see them as an equal team.

As far as the gameplay go, I'll just say that it would have been nice to have a couple more Blaze stages in Silver's story. But to go and completely switch out the 2 characters just because we already know Blaze? I think if they done that, they would have to have played around with Blaze's story a little bit, because we all know of the confusion of her being there whenever she's supposed to be in the Sol Dimension guarding the Sol Emeralds.

So really, it could have made an interesting story if they could have tied in Blaze being from the Sol Dimension (originally) with the story, and somehow made it more sense. I'm really at a neutral standpoint with your idea, I don't see it as bad or good.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

Next sonic 00Shadow-largeBlaze06

I have a question.  Would it have been a better idea to have Blaze as the third main character in '06?

Think about it.  Yeah her backstory got changed but at least fans were already familiar with her character,  Also, after playing the game myself, she is a much more fun character to play with than Silver (her speed and abilities are better than Sonic's!).  If anything, Silver should have been her sidekick.  What do you guys think?  Would making Blaze the third main be good or am I just replacing one bad idea with another?

honestly just give silver blaze's speed and he wouldn't have been that terrible. his telekinesis is a really interesting concept, it was just handled poorly