Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Right, I do have a little something to contribute I guess. In an interview done for Sega Mega Drive Collection, Shun Nakamura mentioned that Silver's psychokinetic powers were originally thought up for a different action game that he was working on. While there's no confirmation of this, it's pretty likely that he was talking about Sonic Team's cancelled PS3 game Fifth Phantom Saga, which was shown at E3 2005 and TGS 2005. Like you can see in the videos, outside of gunplay it would have features psychokinetic powers similar to Silver's:

EDIT: Oh, and it's possible that a sequel to Sonic 2006 was in development at one point. Pete Capella, Silver's voice actor in Sonic 2006, listed a game called Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening on his resume. Seeing how he stopped being his voice actor in 2009, it's definitely a cancelled game at least. This is just speculation though, we don't actually know anything about the game aside from it likely being in development between 2006 and 2009, and that Silver was in it.

39 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Right, I do have a little something to contribute I guess. In an interview done for Sega Mega Drive Collection, Shun Nakamura mentioned that Silver's psychokinetic powers were originally thought up for a different action game that he was working on. While there's no confirmation of this, it's pretty likely that he was talking about Sonic Team's cancelled PS3 game Fifth Phantom Saga, which was shown at E3 2005 and TGS 2005. Like you can see in the videos, outside of gunplay it would have features psychokinetic powers similar to Silver's:

EDIT: Oh, and it's possible that a sequel to Sonic 2006 was in development at one point. Pete Capella, Silver's voice actor in Sonic 2006, listed a game called Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening on his resume. Seeing how he stopped being his voice actor in 2009, it's definitely a cancelled game at least. This is just speculation though, we don't actually know anything about the game aside from it likely being in development between 2006 and 2009, and that Silver was in it.

Ohh I was aware Silver was initially meant for another game, but I didn't know there was actual footage of what that game could have been. This is great, thank you!

Also, not that I doubt you given you contributions to the Sonic community, do you have a source on the resume bit? A news article or something along those lines would suffice. Don't mean to be difficult, so sorry if I come off that way. 

2 minutes ago, jordy-pordy said:

Also, not that I doubt you given you contributions to the Sonic community, do you have a source on the resume bit? A news article or something along those lines would suffice. Don't mean to be difficult, so sorry if I come off that way. 

It's listed here: http://www.petecapella.com/#resume

12 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Please don't message me about this.

Is it that you don't recall anything or you just don't want to be involved?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, goku262002 said:

Is it that you don't recall anything or you just don't want to be involved?

Little bit of both.

• 5 months later...

Anyone who has access to the russian forum knows anything about the Gistix project? The PC port hasn't had any video in ages, and I don't know if it's just cancelled or under construction!

I feel like Sonic '06 had some really good ideas, like I enjoyed most of Sonic's game play and the FMV's are really good, but like other Sonic games before it (Like Sonic Heroes or Shadow the Hedgehog) the execution was really poor, If it had a few more months to iron out all the crap it could be a lot better. 

On 31 July 2016 at 2:06 PM, Sonikko said:

Anyone who has access to the russian forum knows anything about the Gistix project? The PC port hasn't had any video in ages, and I don't know if it's just cancelled or under construction!

I don't have access but I hear it's still in working progress. A user called Mefiresu (he also has an account on here) posted two screenshots and confirmed that a video would be shown in the future (Hope I translated that right). According to Gistix's YT account, he's rewriting the game from scratch. This was confirmed about 3 months ago. All the assets and stuff will be moved to an updated version of Unity. I'm not sure if I translated it properly though but this is what was shown back in June.

https://new.vk.com/wall-75505127_7763

• Thumbs Up 1

Those shots look great, thanks for pointing them out! Well then, I guess we have to wait for the next announcement. Hyped for the high speed sections!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking while this topic's popped up again, does anyone know where I can get a PS3 copy of the game on the cheap? I want to play through it with my friends (rotating to split the pain between us of course) but everywhere feels like too much money for this...thing.

20 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Speaking while this topic's popped up again, does anyone know where I can get a PS3 copy of the game on the cheap? I want to play through it with my friends (rotating to split the pain between us of course) but everywhere feels like too much money for this...thing.

Only if you were vising Europe anytime soon. Someone on Allegro (Ebay-like site for Poland), has it for 39 PLN, which is around 10 USD,

Does anyone have a pdf download of the Sonic 06 game script which had the character profiles? I'm curious to see what they had written about the characters in the game.

19 hours ago, LargoDELLZ said:

Does anyone have a pdf download of the Sonic 06 game script which had the character profiles? I'm curious to see what they had written about the characters in the game.

I'm assuming that you're referring to this script.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, ccawley2011 said:

I'm assuming that you're referring to this script.

Yeah! That's the one I'm referring to. Thanks a lot! 

Currently going through the Very Hard versions of Sonic's stages, never knew I could hate a car-carrying tornado so much...

So far I've S ranked everything up to Tropical Jungle, I can't stand stages where Sonic carries Elise. Give me a break already, lol. Am I not restricted enough with the game's basic mechanics?

Seen some talk about the multiplayer up there somewhere, let me just say that after collecting all the Chaos Emeralds in Co-op, I wish there was some kind of Super stage, know what I mean? That'd be pretty rewarding.

The Elise Stages are relatively well designed. The problem is Elise herself making the gameplay awkward by limiting Sonic's movepool. Also, I think Gistix should make a developer blog of some kinda so it's easier to keep up with his progress.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Niko said:

Holy moly dude, this is actually my first time hearing about this, and I'm actually really hyped about this, a good remake of 06 and a port to pc... Thanks for the great news.

Three things I hope he does: 

-Actually map Sonic's Actions to different buttons

-Make his Homing Attack just like the E3 Demo

-Give everyone in the game the ability to jump on enemies  

Well, I done it. Finally S Ranked all the Very Hard missions for Sonic. Worst of them all was Crisis City, without a doubt. That mach speed section is such a pain...

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Reading how this was to be a reboot if given time to fix everything and Polish it all including the story would 06 been a good entry to a new franchise. I honestly love darker toned sonic games. But that's my opinion a lot of fans like the kid friendly sunshine sonic. Both can be good in their own way.

Dark tones aren't really the main complaints that people bring up worth 06 's story,  so much as how it let the dark elements turn even Sonic into an unnecessarily try hard figure at times,  and how the plot overall was just inane and nonsensical. 

14 minutes ago, YoshiParty said:

... Why do I have a sudden urge to play this game, despite all of it's problems?

Because its glitches make it ironically fun?